Default Frigidaire Stove Oven/Clock Flat Panel Membrane Replacement

The Clock & Control Membrane on my Frigidaire Stove (that displays the
time & has the flush buttons for setting the timer, clock time etc.)
has cracked & I obtained a free replacement from the company. I tried
to replace it last night and was not successful. I'm looking for
suggestions on how to do it properly. The stove is model CFEF313JHS3

After turning off the power, I first tried removing the control panel
by unscrewing 7 screws on the back of the stove & tilting the control
panel forward. I could see a circuit board where the membrane is
located & thought I should remove it to get at the membrane. Bad
move!! After unscrewing 5 screws holding the circuit board I noticed
some of the round rubber contact pads had stuck to the circuit board
and/or fallen off their pegs. That forced me to then label and remove
all the wiring running over the circuit board so I could remove the
final 2 screw holding the ribbon wire connected clock display and take
the circuit board completely off. I could see that there was no way
to get at the membrane from the back.

I was successful in re-installing the round rubber contact pads onto
their pegs & re-assembling the circuit board back onto its base. I
re-connected all the wires & tested the stove. Phew!! it worked.

After again turning the power off I went to the front of the control
panel & after pulling the knobs off the six control dials I noticed
that each dial had one screw holding on a white cover plate that ran
the width of the stove. This plate has the element dial settings, the
indicator lights on it for 'element in use' and it also covers the
membrane I'm trying to replace. I unscrewed those screws and behind
this panel I could see the membrane with a white plastic ring holder
running around it.

I'm thinking my next step is to disconnect the wires attached to the
indicator lights on this panel to get it out of the way and then pry
up on the white ring that runs around the membrane. Then I could
remove the old membrane and install the new one (it comes with
adhesive on the back).

I am looking for advice if this is the right step to do as I don't
want to pry on the white ring & then have it snap.

Thanks, Cindy
Ed

"A" wrote

The stove is model CFEF313JHS3

Are you sure?

That is a Canadian model stove

"Ed" wrote in message

"A" wrote

The stove is model CFEF313JHS3

Are you sure?

Frigidaire Stove Oven/Clock Flat Panel Membrane Replacement A Electronics Repair 2 February 22nd 05 12:23 AM
gluing panel in flat panel door igor Woodworking 2 November 29th 04 01:57 PM
hand planing a panel flat Dimit94844 Woodworking 5 November 2nd 04 12:47 AM
Flat panel heaters Tom Miller UK diy 5 January 8th 04 05:30 PM
Since I don't have any plans...whatsa best way to secure desk's back panel to side panels? (and other questions) Leon Woodworking 5 August 27th 03 04:08 AM