Mark Witczak

Default Festool worth the money?

Today I had the opportunity to handle a Festool cordless drill...I
haven't felt this much love in a long time. It was beautiful, but when I
heard that the MSRP is $375.00 I nearly dropped it. You could buy 4 PC
drills for that kind of change.

Does anyone out there own one of these or is this just a Gucci tool that
only the rich or crazy purchase? (Mind you I have nothing against
Gucci. In fact I've been known to drop WAY too much money on things like
Titanium mountain bike frames...We all have our vices.)

Thanks,
Mark
Edwin Pawlowski

"Mark Witczak" wrote in message
Today I had the opportunity to handle a Festool cordless drill...I haven't
felt this much love in a long time. It was beautiful, but when I heard
that the MSRP is $375.00 I nearly dropped it. You could buy 4 PC drills
for that kind of change.

Does anyone out there own one of these or is this just a Gucci tool that
only the rich or crazy purchase? (Mind you I have nothing against Gucci.
In fact I've been known to drop WAY too much money on things like Titanium
mountain bike frames...We all have our vices.)

Thanks,
Mark

Never used one, but I've heard they are among the best. Size is better
than most for the power. If you like the feel of it, consider the 15.6 volt
Panasonic. I paid $200 for mine and it is much better handling than other
brands, IMO.

Sander

"Mark Witczak" wrote in message
Today I had the opportunity to handle a Festool cordless drill...I
haven't felt this much love in a long time. It was beautiful, but when I
heard that the MSRP is $375.00 I nearly dropped it. You could buy 4 PC
drills for that kind of change.

Does anyone out there own one of these or is this just a Gucci tool that
only the rich or crazy purchase? (Mind you I have nothing against
Gucci. In fact I've been known to drop WAY too much money on things like
Titanium mountain bike frames...We all have our vices.)

Thanks,
Mark

I'm a Festool crazy so I'm not objective ;-)

Sander

AAvK

Today I had the opportunity to handle a Festool cordless drill...I
haven't felt this much love in a long time. It was beautiful, but when I heard that the MSRP is $375.00 I nearly dropped it. You
could buy 4 PC drills for that kind of change.
Does anyone out there own one of these or is this just a Gucci tool that only the rich or crazy purchase? (Mind you I have nothing
against Gucci. In fact I've been known to drop WAY too much money on things like Titanium mountain bike frames...We all have our
vices.)
Thanks,
Mark

Milwaukee is worth the money. Professional American quality, brudda...
http://www.milwaukeetool.com/global_homepage_flash.html

--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

Yves M. Libicky

I use Festool for many years and I'm still very, very happy. If you look for
precision in woodworking Festool is the right stuff. The long lasting
quality of their machines guarantee a long use. After all: If you use more
than one tool the integrated concept (the most of the machines are
compatible with the festool table etc.) helps you to combine machines and
tools.

"Mark Witczak" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Today I had the opportunity to handle a Festool cordless drill...I haven't
felt this much love in a long time. It was beautiful, but when I heard
that the MSRP is $375.00 I nearly dropped it. You could buy 4 PC drills
for that kind of change.

Does anyone out there own one of these or is this just a Gucci tool that
only the rich or crazy purchase? (Mind you I have nothing against Gucci.
In fact I've been known to drop WAY too much money on things like Titanium
mountain bike frames...We all have our vices.)

Thanks,
Mark

Dave Morrison

AAvK wrote:
Today I had the opportunity to handle a Festool cordless drill...I
haven't felt this much love in a long time. It was beautiful, but when I heard that the MSRP is $375.00 I nearly dropped it. You
could buy 4 PC drills for that kind of change.
Does anyone out there own one of these or is this just a Gucci tool that only the rich or crazy purchase? (Mind you I have nothing
against Gucci. In fact I've been known to drop WAY too much money on things like Titanium mountain bike frames...We all have our
vices.)
Thanks,
Mark

Milwaukee is worth the money. Professional American quality, brudda...
http://www.milwaukeetool.com/global_homepage_flash.html

American? my new Milwaukee cordless is made in Europe. Good tool though.
Dave

Noons

Mark Witczak apparently said,on my timestamp of 20/02/2005 3:04 PM:

Does anyone out there own one of these or is this just a Gucci tool that
only the rich or crazy purchase?

It is definitely a Gucci tool. You can get the same or better quality in
many other manufacturers, for less price. You don't get the "integrated"
system though. Which is the same as saying: you don't get colour-coordinated.

(Mind you I have nothing against
Gucci. In fact I've been known to drop WAY too much money on things like
Titanium mountain bike frames...We all have our vices.)

Exactly, me neither. Mine is hand tools, Veritas, Lie-Nielsen, old
stuff. We all have our weaknesses.

You could do a lot worse quality-wise than Festool. Worth it?
Not IMHO. Then again, neither is a Norris plane and I have one...

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto
Robatoy

In article b%TRd.96639$Tf5.30193@lakeread03,
Mark Witczak wrote:

Today I had the opportunity to handle a Festool cordless drill...I
haven't felt this much love in a long time. It was beautiful, but when I
heard that the MSRP is $375.00 I nearly dropped it. You could buy 4 PC
drills for that kind of change.

Does anyone out there own one of these or is this just a Gucci tool that
only the rich or crazy purchase? (Mind you I have nothing against
Gucci. In fact I've been known to drop WAY too much money on things like
Titanium mountain bike frames...We all have our vices.)

Thanks,
Mark

I'm Milwaukee most of the way. But I own a Rotex Festool sander. Why?
Milwaukee doesn't make a ROS like that... in fact, nobody does.
There is no doubt in my mind that Festool is second to none in quality.
But if you can get 90% of the quality for 50% of the price....then they
are too expensive.
I will be buying their 2000 watt router as well. Why? Because it's the
best there is.... and my work demands that. Besides, I don't want a
titanium bike..G
U$ 375.00 for a cordless drill? See Ed's entry..Panasonic doesn't look
that expensive anymore.

0¿0

Rob
Sander

Mark Witczak wrote:

[...]

Yup using the Rotex and 2000 watt router of Festool aswell. Told you so I'm
an addict....

:-)

Sander

Leon

"Mark Witczak" wrote in message
Today I had the opportunity to handle a Festool cordless drill...I haven't
felt this much love in a long time. It was beautiful, but when I heard
that the MSRP is $375.00 I nearly dropped it. You could buy 4 PC drills
for that kind of change.

Does anyone out there own one of these or is this just a Gucci tool that
only the rich or crazy purchase? (Mind you I have nothing against Gucci.
In fact I've been known to drop WAY too much money on things like Titanium
mountain bike frames...We all have our vices.)

Another top end drill that feels good in you hands and has premium batteries
and electronics is the Panasonic.

Leon

"AAvK" wrote in message

Milwaukee is worth the money. Professional American quality, brudda...
http://www.milwaukeetool.com/global_homepage_flash.html

;~) I think Professional American Company. Some Milwaukees are German
made.

RonB

I believe there are others that drill hole, are reliable and cost a lot less
money.

Peter Mance

Mark Witczak wrote on 20/Feb/2005 :
Today I had the opportunity to handle a Festool cordless drill...I haven't
felt this much love in a long time. It was beautiful, but when I heard that
the MSRP is $375.00 I nearly dropped it. You could buy 4 PC drills for that
kind of change.

Does anyone out there own one of these or is this just a Gucci tool that
only the rich or crazy purchase? (Mind you I have nothing against Gucci. In
fact I've been known to drop WAY too much money on things like Titanium
mountain bike frames...We all have our vices.)

Thanks,
Mark

I've got a Festo dust extractor.
I regard it as not much better than a boat achor. Its poorly designed,
cumbersome and underpowered.

If its any indication of the rest of the tools i'd say its definitely
Gucci and quite crap at that although i havent tried any of the other
tools.

--
This is an automatic signature of MesNews.
Site : http://www.mesnews.net