removing paint overspray from garage floor?

Old February 19th 05, 05:29 PM
Hamilton Audio

Default removing paint overspray from garage floor?

It seems I underestimated the size of cardboard I needed to do a light
painting job. I've now got a nice faint black outline of that piece on the
garage floor.

I know it'll wear away naturally, but is there a faster/better way to do it?
Some chemical and a power spray?

bmoney

Old February 19th 05, 05:56 PM
SQLit

"Hamilton Audio" wrote in message
It seems I underestimated the size of cardboard I needed to do a light
painting job. I've now got a nice faint black outline of that piece on

the
garage floor.

I know it'll wear away naturally, but is there a faster/better way to do

it?
Some chemical and a power spray?

bmoney

a power washer might speed the process of removal

Old February 20th 05, 03:36 AM
Warren Weber

"Hamilton Audio" wrote in message
It seems I underestimated the size of cardboard I needed to do a light
painting job. I've now got a nice faint black outline of that piece on
the garage floor.

I know it'll wear away naturally, but is there a faster/better way to do
it? Some chemical and a power spray?

bmoney
I have done that. I cleaned up with lacquer thinner. Warren

Old February 20th 05, 01:55 PM
Norminn

Hamilton Audio wrote:
It seems I underestimated the size of cardboard I needed to do a light
painting job. I've now got a nice faint black outline of that piece on the
garage floor.

I know it'll wear away naturally, but is there a faster/better way to do it?
Some chemical and a power spray?

bmoney

We used Formula 409 to remove overspray from neighbor's paint disaster -
parquet floor, formica cabinets and counters, wood banister. (The trash
was full of beer cans when the painter finished ) This was dry but not
fully cured latex paint. If your paint hasn't cured, strong detergent
and very hot water and scrub brush may work. Take it up with wet vac.
Any solvent is likely to sink the paint deeper into porous surface, if
it even touches the enamel. I've used two kinds of paint remover to try
to get old paint off concrete decks; only spots it worked on were drips
that were not wiped down into the concrete but just sitting where they
landed and could be "lifted" off surface of the stripper with a scraper.

If you are good at mixing colors, and the black is irritating enough,
you could mix up some acryllic craft paint to the right color and dab it
over with a very lightly loaded stencil brush to help camouflage it.

Old February 20th 05, 09:57 PM
effi

"Hamilton Audio" wrote in message
It seems I underestimated the size of cardboard I needed to do a light
painting job. I've now got a nice faint black outline of that piece on
the garage floor.

I know it'll wear away naturally, but is there a faster/better way to do
it? Some chemical and a power spray?

bmoney

either the paint can be cleaned out of the concrete surface, or if it has
infiltrated the concrete enough you will have to remove a thin layer of the
surface concrete to get rid of the coloration

many concrete cleaners are available

if those don't work, removing a thin layer of the surface concrete can be
achieved with a pressure washer or the concrete surface can be etched with
acid, both should be done by someone qualified

if cleaning doesn't work and removal is not an option, covering up the
coloration could be achieved with some of the quickrete products available
in retail outlets, you might not be able to match colors precisely between
the garage floor and the patch, experimentation on an inconspicuous area or
extra concrete before making the patch cover is wise