Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC

Default Non toxic sealant to repair Coffee Carafe, to seal joint between black plastic and steel thermal carafe

I have a Cuisenart Grind and Brew DGB-600BC with Thermal Carafe. When I place the Carafe on my
table, water very slowly drips from the "outside of the black rim, where it meets the stainless
steel. If I clean and dry the carafe completely, I notice that when I shake the unit, there is water
that seems to be stuck, in the inside of the unit. Somehow water is trapped inside. Not where water
is placed, but in the "internal of the unit".

I previously had a Cuisenart that did have water on it's inside also. I called the company and they
are replacing it. However, I am trying to find out, how to prevent this.

I do not place the unit in the dishwasher. I hand wash it with a light soapy water and never emerse
the unit.

1) So my question... Is there a way to prevent this water inside of the unit and can I somehow
remove the water by "doing something".

2) Could I somehow place a non-toxic sealant on the outside of the caraffe, between the black
plastic and steel shell outside?

The manufacturer says, as long as I did not damage the unit, then the carafe is just faulty.
However, I think this may be a common problem with Cuisenart Carafes.

Can you please comment on maybe how to prevent this and also on maybe how to get rid of the water on
the inside. Maybe I need to place some "sealant" on the outside where the black plastic is touching
the steel.

I don't think this is water from the inside of the carafe, however I could be wrong.
Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC
Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP
Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM

NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address:

NOTE: My web home page:
www.seldin.net