Dave Combs

Default BBQ Propane Tank

I have a BBQ propame tank that doesn't let a full stream of propane reach
the burners; i.e., even on wide open (tank and burners) the flame burns low.
I don't have this problem with another tank. Is something wrong with the
tank regulator and can it be fixed.

Thanks.

Dave

Andy

I have a BBQ propame tank that doesn't let a full stream
of propane reach the burners; i.e., even on wide open
(tank and burners) the flame burns low. I don't have this
problem with another tank. Is something wrong with the
tank regulator and can it be fixed.
Thanks.

Dave

If your grill is like mine, the regulator is on the hose,
not the tank itself.
So it can't be a regulator problem.

I would say that the one tank is just about empty.
Mikepier

Sometimes when that happens to my grill, I shut off the burner valves,
and relight the grill and it works fine again. It seems like something
was blocking the lines going to the burner intermittently.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Mikepier" wrote in message
oups.com...
Sometimes when that happens to my grill, I shut off the burner valves,
and relight the grill and it works fine again. It seems like something
was blocking the lines going to the burner intermittently.

That is because something WAS blocking the gas flow. The new tanks with OPD
valves suffer from this when very full and the valve is opened quickly. The
overflow protection device impedes gas flow. Shutting it off and slowly
opening will usually take care of it.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

SQLit

"Dave Combs" wrote in message
I have a BBQ propame tank that doesn't let a full stream of propane reach
the burners; i.e., even on wide open (tank and burners) the flame burns

low.
I don't have this problem with another tank. Is something wrong with the
tank regulator and can it be fixed.

Thanks.

Dave

Does the tank have the 3 sided top valve? Or the round one.

The new and improved, protect the people from themselves 3 sided tanks have
an extra set of valves for tip overs.

Shut off the controls on the grill, shut off the valve on the tank. Wait 10
minutes and then open the tank then the control valves. My brother taught
me about this one when I mistakenly upgraded my grill.

Have you checked to see if the tank is low?

Stormin Mormon

Ah, yes, just reboot and let the software load.....

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Mikepier" wrote in message
oups.com...
Sometimes when that happens to my grill, I shut off the burner valves,
and relight the grill and it works fine again. It seems like something
was blocking the lines going to the burner intermittently.

Dave Combs

All of you gentlemen have been very helpful. The tank is full and it must
be the OPD unit in the tank. I'll try it today and see if I can get it
working. The grill is a Weber which is about 3 years old. I gave up on the
Sunbeams and CharBroils. The $500 I paid was the best money I've ever
spent.

Thanks again.

Dave

"Dave Combs" wrote in message
I have a BBQ propame tank that doesn't let a full stream of propane reach
the burners; i.e., even on wide open (tank and burners) the flame burns

low.
I don't have this problem with another tank. Is something wrong with the
tank regulator and can it be fixed.

Thanks.

Dave

Dr. Hardcrab

"Dave Combs" wrote in message
All of you gentlemen have been very helpful. The tank is full and it must
be the OPD unit in the tank. I'll try it today and see if I can get it
working. The grill is a Weber which is about 3 years old. I gave up on
the
Sunbeams and CharBroils. The $500 I paid was the best money I've ever
spent.

Thanks again.

Dave

I've had the problem you described when the tank was over-filled. Had a gas
guy tell me just to vent the tank (PLEASE! NOT NEAR AN OPEN FLAME!!!) for
about 15 seconds and then try it again......