meirman

Default How to store kitchen counter

How do I store a fomica over particle board kitchen counter that I
just bought from Home Depot. On the front edge, the rear top edge,
the bottom and top rear edges at the same time, or some other way.

I won't be able to install it for several weeks.

They store them on end, but my ceilings are only 8 feet.

Thanks.

Meirman
--
If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.

meirman wrote:
How do I store a fomica over particle board kitchen counter that I
just bought from Home Depot. On the front edge, the rear top edge,
the bottom and top rear edges at the same time, or some other way.

I won't be able to install it for several weeks.

They store them on end, but my ceilings are only 8 feet.

Thanks.

Meirman
--
If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.

The only thing not to do is store them flat between two supports near
the ends which could cause the counter to sag in the middle. If your
unit has a backsplash built in you need to be carefull of that or else
you can break it off quite easily too. I usually store my counters on
the 8 foot front end of a carpeted or carboard covered surface to
prevent scratching since mine had back splashes. Try to keep them as
near vertical as possible and you are good to go until you can get them
installed.

Damp/Mould in kitchen Colin E. UK diy 1 September 20th 04 12:11 PM
building control and kitchen requirements neil leslie UK diy 27 June 12th 04 09:39 PM
Moving Small Kitchen into Large Dining Room J. UK diy 3 December 12th 03 05:54 PM
kitchen electric Steve Smith Home Repair 5 October 30th 03 11:45 PM
Kitchen countertop extending into garden window? paulaner Home Repair 4 September 2nd 03 06:16 PM