Default Newly applied Latex paint bubbling over spackling

I have an issue where the Porter interior latex paint is bubbling up
over where I have applied DAP spackling. The paint is in a five gallon
bucket that was leftover from when the house was built in September
2003. I have kept the paint in the basement. The DAP spackling is the
kind that goes on pink then dries white. I just purchased it.

The area I am working is five or six three-inch areas.
I have redone this area twice with the same results. Any ideas why
this occurring? Should I use a primer coat? If I do use a primer coat
will this make the latex paint a different color than the surrounding
areas. The paint color is Taupe White.

Thanks

I should have also mentioned that the paint bubbles up in 10-15 minutes
after application

Thanks for the response. Can you recommend any other spackle brands?
Will the primer affect the color of the paint when compared to the
other areas?

jeffc

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for the response. Can you recommend any other spackle brands?
Will the primer affect the color of the paint when compared to the
other areas?

You really shouldn't need primer. I believe the problem is a moisture
problem, or possibly bad spackle or bad paint. The primer will not affect
the color, assuming you apply the proper number of coats to cover, be it 1
or 2 or ... depending on paint quality and color. However, you *must*
feather out the paint edges as Norminn said or else you will definitely see
lines, depending on the light.

Thanks folks...newgroups are great!!

It sounds like I may have not let the spackle dry long enough. I
waited only an hour-after the spackle color transitioned from pink to
white. I will wait a day before I start sanding/painting.

No more bubbling paint but now the paint is noticeably dark over the
primered area. I have already added two coats. Should I just keep
adding more coats??

ok, I was wrong. It was not that the paint is darker over the area.
The paint looks darker in this area because the new paint is more
textured. This only occurs when natural light shines on it Is there
anything I can do to make the paint look less textured? Maybe some
light sanding? Different roller?