Tom Lachance

Default Sears snowblower

I'm in the process of rebuilding my snow blower, hopefully before the
next storm, and need to replace the grease in the gear case for the
auger/inpeller. the original grease was a white, heavy, grease and over
the years it seemed to just cause a void in the case and allow the
bronze gears to wear. Can I replace the grease with 90w gear oil, or can
you tell me what's recommended?
Thanks.
willshak

On 1/16/2005 8:52 AM US(ET), Tom Lachance took fingers to keys, and
typed the following:

I'm in the process of rebuilding my snow blower, hopefully before the
next storm, and need to replace the grease in the gear case for the
auger/inpeller. the original grease was a white, heavy, grease and
over the years it seemed to just cause a void in the case and allow
the bronze gears to wear. Can I replace the grease with 90w gear oil,
or can you tell me what's recommended?
Thanks.

If is is a white grease, it is probably a lithium based product.
See
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=...&oi= froogler
or http://tinyurl.com/49bsl

--
Bill

Sears Ace Woodworking 16 November 21st 04 06:42 PM
Sears Ace Home Repair 8 November 16th 04 08:52 PM
Opinions/Flamecatcher - Craftsman Power Tools Eugene Woodworking 29 November 12th 04 05:23 AM
Maytag Neptune Washer lousy customer service for repair; I would think twice next time and buy from Sears wkearney99 Home Repair 0 November 28th 03 10:01 PM
Maytag Neptune Washer lousy customer service for repair; I would think twice next time and buy from Sears wkearney99 Home Ownership 0 November 28th 03 10:01 PM