DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Metal storage shed door 'sliders'? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/86489-metal-storage-shed-door-sliders.html)

Ken Knecht January 14th 05 06:24 PM

Metal storage shed door 'sliders'?

I have two metal storage sheds and the plastic gizmos that attach to the
top of the sliding doors and slide back and forth in the u-channel above
the door have most of their projections broken off and make the doors
almost impossible to use.

I have improvised replacements using bushings and screen-door rollers but
they work poorly.

I unsuccessfully asked at Home Depot and Lowes. I tried Google with no
useful hits; perhaps I used the wrong search words. Anyone have any
suggested sources for these little plastic devices?

TIA

--
Untie the two knots to email me

"Madness is not a consequence of uncertainty, but of certainty." Nietzche

Tom January 14th 05 06:47 PM

"Ken Knecht" wrote in message
I have two metal storage sheds and the plastic gizmos that attach to the
top of the sliding doors and slide back and forth in the u-channel above
the door have most of their projections broken off and make the doors
almost impossible to use.

I have improvised replacements using bushings and screen-door rollers but
they work poorly.

I unsuccessfully asked at Home Depot and Lowes. I tried Google with no
useful hits; perhaps I used the wrong search words. Anyone have any
suggested sources for these little plastic devices?

If it's a shed made by Arrow, they have a tuneup kit for sliding doors.
Link below...

http://www.arrowsheds.com/doortune.htm

Ken Knecht January 14th 05 07:21 PM

"Tom" wrote in news:cBTFd.10$ul4.0@trnddc01:

If it's a shed made by Arrow, they have a tuneup kit for sliding

doors.

Unfortunately, whoever made these sheds evidently was not very proud of
them. No name that I can find. At least on the outside. I bought them
used over 20 years ago.

Wonder if that Arrow kit would work? No price given or close-ups of the
sliders.

Jim Rusling January 14th 05 09:49 PM

Ken Knecht wrote:

"Tom" wrote in news:cBTFd.10$ul4.0@trnddc01:

If it's a shed made by Arrow, they have a tuneup kit for sliding

doors.

Unfortunately, whoever made these sheds evidently was not very proud of
them. No name that I can find. At least on the outside. I bought them
used over 20 years ago.

Wonder if that Arrow kit would work? No price given or close-ups of the
sliders.

The price was $8.00 probably plus shipping. I don't think mine was
made by Arrow, but it looks like it might work. I book marked this
site for the future.

--
Jim Rusling
Partially Retired

Ken Knecht January 15th 05 03:01 PM

Jim Rusling wrote in news:wfWFd.24570$Wo.2481
@lakeread08:

The price was $8.00 probably plus shipping. I don't think mine was
made by Arrow, but it looks like it might work. I book marked this
site for the future.

Did you find any close-up pictures of the sliders? I can't even guess if
they would work or not from what I can see. Hate to spend $16 + shipping
if they won't.

Jim Rusling January 15th 05 05:03 PM

Ken Knecht wrote:

Jim Rusling wrote in news:wfWFd.24570$Wo.2481
@lakeread08:

The price was $8.00 probably plus shipping. I don't think mine was
made by Arrow, but it looks like it might work. I book marked this
site for the future.

Did you find any close-up pictures of the sliders? I can't even guess if
they would work or not from what I can see. Hate to spend $16 + shipping
if they won't.

No, I did capture the image and increased the size a little.

--
Jim Rusling
Partially Retired

Tom January 16th 05 03:24 AM

"Jim Rusling" wrote in message
Ken Knecht wrote:

Jim Rusling wrote in news:wfWFd.24570$Wo.2481
@lakeread08:

The price was $8.00 probably plus shipping. I don't think mine was
made by Arrow, but it looks like it might work. I book marked this
site for the future.

Did you find any close-up pictures of the sliders? I can't even guess if
they would work or not from what I can see. Hate to spend $16 + shipping
if they won't.

No, I did capture the image and increased the size a little.

--
Jim Rusling
Partially Retired
Mustang, OK
http://www.rusling.org

Had the bright idea of taking a picture of the hardware on the Arrow shed
that I put up this past Summer. However, after trudging out through the
snow and one degree temperature, I see that the door panel completely hides
the slides when installed. I do remember that they had one projection that
fit into one hole on the door frame and then a screw that went into another
hole. There were several holes to allow some adjustment and as I remember
the slides were interchangeable from door to door....you simple used a
different set of holes and maybe flipped the slide from right to left. If
it means anything, around here (N. Ill.) most metal sheds are made by Arrow.
And even my new shed has nothing to identify it as made by Arrow except a
stamping on the triangular cap that goes on the peak of the roof.

Tom.

AZGuy January 16th 05 05:55 PM

Ken Knecht wrote:

[...]

When mine wore out I called their 800 number to find out about
ordering some and they said they would send some to me free. Which
they did. That was about 10 years ago.
--
Elbridge Gerry, of Massachusetts:

"What, sir, is the use of militia? It is to prevent the
establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty. . .
Whenever Government means to invade the rights and liberties of
the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order
to raise a standing army upon its ruins." -- Debate, U.S. House
of Representatives, August 17, 1789