Default "Groaning" Ice Cube Maker in GE Side by Side

HNY everyone,

We have a new (less than 8 month old) GE side by side
refrigerator/freezer with the water/crushed ice/ice cube dispenser on
the freezer door.

I've called GE Warranty Repair and they are sending someone out
in about a week so the problem will "hopefully" be fixed soon anyway.

However, I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this problem and if
it's something that may reoccur or if there's a preventive way to
ensure it doesn't happen again (if the part itself isn't actually
defective).

Anyway, the ice cube dispenser "groans". What's happening is that the
rotating rod that turns the dispenser to drop the ice cubes into the
bin is turning but the ice cubes aren't actually turning and being
dumped into the bin. If I pour a small amount of warm water onto the
top of the tray, that seems to "loosen it up" and I can see the tray
slowly rotating again. However, this problem reoccurs every 2 or 3
days.

Anyone else seen this problem and is it just a defective part (maybe
the rod itself is slipping?).

I can provide the model number if that is helpful.

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 09:52:22 -0700, "xrongor"
graced this newsgroup with:

mine groans a bit sometimes, but it dispenses..

randy

Unfortunately, this one groans and never stops (and won't dispense
ice) without manual intervention.

Edwin Pawlowski

" bounce.bounce.net@ wrote in message
:

mine groans a bit sometimes, but it dispenses..

randy

My wife groans every time I ask her to being me a glass with ice. You learn
to live with it.