Suzie-Q

Default Taking up Peel & Stick Tiles

Will I be able to get the goop off of the floor once I
pry up (remove) vinyl peel & stick floor tiles that have been
in place for at least 11 years?

What would be the best way to "clean" a large area?
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
***Revelation 22:12*** ICQ: 349878998
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
Harry K

Installers used a floor scraper to remove mine (in place 20 years).
You may be able to rent one but be prepared to sharpen the blade often
and be left with a lot of sticky little bits. All in all, I wouldn't
try to remove them myself. There are some jobs just not worth DIY.
Harry k

Suzie Q

Harry K is right, this is not an easy job. The best way is to use a
heat gun (use a mask with OSHA rated filters, you never know the
adhesive or tile compostion) and a scraper. Heat a small area and
then start scraping. I always used the heat gun in the same direction
as the scaper. directing the heat 2-3" infront of the scraper.
Holding both at a 30 degree angle. It sounds technical but I am just
trying to paint a picture. You may find a method that works good for
you.
This will not only remove tile but a lot of the glue as well. Then you
can use an adhesive stipper with a scraper. Are you restoring the
floor underneath our laying down a new floor? You may not need to do
anything if you are laying down a new floor. If you have wood floors
and plan to sand and seal you will not nnedd to strip
because the sander will remove all adhesive residue.

Best,
Rainer

SteveB

"Suzie-Q" wrote in message
Will I be able to get the goop off of the floor once I
pry up (remove) vinyl peel & stick floor tiles that have been
in place for at least 11 years?

What would be the best way to "clean" a large area?
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)

I used an air chisel on a large area.

Steve