rw

Default Recessed lighting.

I am in the process of replacing my basement cieling with drywall. I want
to install recessed lighting sa the ceiling is quite low. I believe that
this option optimizes space. My question is, should I get the lights ready
and wired out to and then drywall them in? As I write this it seems to only
make sense that way. Thanks!

SQLit

"rw" wrote in message
. ..
I am in the process of replacing my basement cieling with drywall. I want
to install recessed lighting sa the ceiling is quite low. I believe that
this option optimizes space. My question is, should I get the lights

ready
and wired out to and then drywall them in? As I write this it seems to

only
make sense that way. Thanks!

Typically the cans and wiring goes in before the drywall.

If your using insulation in the space make sure your cans are IC rated. I
will not install any can that is not IC rated. Just my preference. There are
lots of stores on line that sell cans and trims for less money that the box
stores. I just bought 4-4" cans with 2 stepped down trims and 2 wall
washers trims for $75 delivered. Larger cans were less money, but I could
not use them in my application. I use CF lamps in all of my cans.

Installing recessed lighting in a Celotex insulated flat roof SteveRoche UK diy 6 January 9th 05 03:58 PM
Recessed Lighting TrueWest Home Repair 2 November 18th 04 03:07 AM
Fitting recessed lighting Alistair UK diy 6 March 10th 04 10:18 AM
Recessed lighting hanger bars Andrew Home Repair 5 February 4th 04 05:09 AM