Junior Member

Default Gas range problem

What would cause my gas range top burners to partially ignite or fail to ignite completely only while my oven is used.
Joseph Meehan

Rich123 wrote:
What would cause my gas range top burners to partially ignite or fail to
ignite completely only while my oven is used.

Did it just start doing this?

That sounds like the pressure is too high or the burners themselves have
not been properly adjusted. If it has been fine and just stared doing it on
all the burners, then I would suspect a regulator defect giving you too high
a gas pressure. However it is has always been this way, I would suspect the
burners need to be adjusted. The owner's or install manual should have the
instructions for doing this. Most people can do it themselves.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

jeff

Rich123 wrote in message ...
What would cause my gas range top burners to partially ignite or fail to
ignite completely only while my oven is used.

Hi,

Approx age, model, make?

Gas pressure would one of the first things that would come to mind on
that. If the pressure regulator is a little wishy/washy turning more
items on may lower the pressure enough that the surface can't work.

Will the surface burners work ok when the oven is not in use?

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/
TURTLE

"Rich123" wrote in message

What would cause my gas range top burners to partially ignite or fail to
ignite completely only while my oven is used.

--
Rich123

This is Turtle.

Jeff has a thing to check list for problem on these stoves and go to his sight
and check it out.

TURTLE

Edwin Pawlowski

"Rich123" wrote in message

What would cause my gas range top burners to partially ignite or fail to
ignite completely only while my oven is used.

--
Rich123

Low pressure. Lack of gas (near empty) if you are using propane.