deep freeze temperature?

Old November 13th 04, 05:05 PM
Albert

Default deep freeze temperature?

We just measured the temperature in our freezer and noticed it was
running at 5 below zero (-5F). It is running alot and this prompted us
to check the inside temperature.

What temperature should we set it to??? It seems that -5 is colder
than it needs to be and that we'd save on electric and wear and tear
if we allowed it to run a little warmer. But, how warm is too warm?

Thanks,

Old November 13th 04, 05:17 PM
Edwin Pawlowski

Albert wrote in message ...
We just measured the temperature in our freezer and noticed it was
running at 5 below zero (-5F). It is running alot and this prompted us
to check the inside temperature.

What temperature should we set it to??? It seems that -5 is colder
than it needs to be and that we'd save on electric and wear and tear
if we allowed it to run a little warmer. But, how warm is too warm?

Colder keeps things longer.r I go for Zero.

You may also want to look into getting a Foodsaver to avoid freezer burn and
really extend the shelf life of frozen goods.

Old November 13th 04, 06:31 PM
Gary R. Lloyd

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 12:05:33 -0500, Albert wrote:

We just measured the temperature in our freezer and noticed it was
running at 5 below zero (-5F). It is running alot and this prompted us
to check the inside temperature.

What temperature should we set it to??? It seems that -5 is colder
than it needs to be and that we'd save on electric and wear and tear
if we allowed it to run a little warmer. But, how warm is too warm?

Thanks,

-5F sounds good to me.

If it runs more than it should, most likely it needs a good cleaning.
A refrigeration system needs good airflow in order to get rid of its
heat. If it can't get rid of heat, it must run longer and less
efficiently.

Gary R. Lloyd CMS

http://www.techmethod.com

Old November 13th 04, 08:06 PM
Albert

-5F sounds good to me.

Well, the temp is still dropping and it's still running-nearly
constantly now!

It's currently at -10F (actually -9.8).

I think I'll adjust the thermostat and try to get it to stababile
between zero and -5.

Thanks all.

Old November 14th 04, 06:29 AM
toller

The instructions for my freezer say 0 to +5.
I expect food will last longer at colder temperatures, but at what cost?

Old November 14th 04, 02:29 PM
m Ransley

If it still runs consistantly it could be low freon or something else,
my frige ran alot till it was filled with freon. Depending on age new
units can be 75% more efficient

Hot water cylinder Pandora UK diy 67 November 4th 04 09:02 PM
Central Heating - Controls IMM UK diy 12 September 2nd 03 04:14 PM
Temperature Measurement With A Multimeter ??? FSMüller Electronics Repair 0 August 28th 03 09:42 AM
Fridges: weird "fast freeze" switch The Question Asker UK diy 9 August 12th 03 04:55 PM