Scott

Default Premium Primer vs. Standard Primer?

I am going to be painting my office here in a couple of weeks and plan
on priming the walls before painting. I've been doing some painting
over the past couple of months, and have been using Kilz2 Primer for
Home Depot.

Tonight I had to make a Home Depot run and noticed that they have Kilz
Premium Primer, which costs $6 more / gallon. Reading the back there
was no mention at how Premium differed from regular, save the sticker
price. Is it worth it to drop the extra $6, or is that just $6 wasted?

Thanks!
m Ransley

Why are you priming is the question, stains, wall marks? Kills is a
stain blocker. Regular primer may do, or none, but we cant see the job

Scott

m Ransley wrote:
Why are you priming is the question, stains, wall marks? Kills is a
stain blocker. Regular primer may do, or none, but we cant see the job

There's no heavy-duty stains on the walls, although there are a couple
lighter ones - spilled soda from years back and the like. There's also
some scuff marks on the wall, coutesy of moving furniture clumsily.
Phisherman

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 04:41:42 GMT, Scott wrote:

I am going to be painting my office here in a couple of weeks and plan
on priming the walls before painting. I've been doing some painting
over the past couple of months, and have been using Kilz2 Primer for
Home Depot.

Tonight I had to make a Home Depot run and noticed that they have Kilz
Premium Primer, which costs $6 more / gallon. Reading the back there
was no mention at how Premium differed from regular, save the sticker
price. Is it worth it to drop the extra $6, or is that just $6 wasted?

Thanks!

I'd probably splurge for the premium if I had to buy one can or if I
were trying to cover up tobacco or other stains. Now if it were my
home, I'll buy the best Benjamin Moore or Sherwin Williams
primer/paint I can find; my time far exceeds the value of the paint.

primer coat help for bathroom walls Ninip Home Repair 2 May 22nd 04 07:33 PM
SDS drill with standard chuck David Hearn UK diy 17 February 23rd 04 12:03 PM
Melamine primer Andy Hall UK diy 6 September 7th 03 01:26 AM
Porter Cable 690 router mounted to TS extension, do I use plunge base or standard Montyhp Woodworking 3 July 24th 03 03:58 PM