Insinkerator 333

Old October 21st 04, 08:34 PM
pet

Default Insinkerator 333

I need to take apart my Insinkerator 333. The nut on the motor shaft
won't budge. I've tried soaking it with penetrating oil.

To loosen it, does it the nut turn CCW or CW?

Any other suggstions will be appreciated.
Old October 21st 04, 09:49 PM
pet

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:34:24 -0500, pet wrote:

I need to take apart my Insinkerator 333. The nut on the motor shaft
won't budge. I've tried soaking it with penetrating oil.

To loosen it, does it the nut turn CCW or CW?

Any other suggstions will be appreciated.

Got it!
The nut turns CCW to loosen.

It just took a couple of hours of penetrating oil to get it motivated.

Old October 22nd 04, 12:12 AM
Jeff Wisnia

pet wrote:

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:34:24 -0500, pet wrote:

I need to take apart my Insinkerator 333. The nut on the motor shaft
won't budge. I've tried soaking it with penetrating oil.

To loosen it, does it the nut turn CCW or CW?

Any other suggstions will be appreciated.

Got it!
The nut turns CCW to loosen.

It just took a couple of hours of penetrating oil to get it motivated.

If you knew which way the grinding plate rotated when operating, it's a
safe bet that the nut would come off by turning it in the opposite
direction.

Jeff

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

schools"

Old October 22nd 04, 07:42 PM
willshak

John Normile wrote:

Where can you get spare parts for these units?

Google for - insinkerator parts service
Here's one:
http://www.plumbingstore.com/insinkerator.html

John Normile

Old October 22nd 04, 09:47 PM
Doug Miller

In article , Jeff Wisnia wrote:

If you knew which way the grinding plate rotated when operating, it's a
safe bet that the nut would come off by turning it in the opposite
direction.

It's an even better bet that the nut would come off by turning in the *same*
direction. Think about how the arbor nut threads onto a portable circular saw,
for example, or on a table saw or radial arm saw.