DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Insinkerator 333 (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/74084-insinkerator-333-a.html)

pet October 21st 04 07:34 PM

Insinkerator 333

I need to take apart my Insinkerator 333. The nut on the motor shaft
won't budge. I've tried soaking it with penetrating oil.

To loosen it, does it the nut turn CCW or CW?

Any other suggstions will be appreciated.

pet October 21st 04 08:49 PM

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:34:24 -0500, pet wrote:

I need to take apart my Insinkerator 333. The nut on the motor shaft
won't budge. I've tried soaking it with penetrating oil.

To loosen it, does it the nut turn CCW or CW?

Any other suggstions will be appreciated.

Got it!
The nut turns CCW to loosen.

It just took a couple of hours of penetrating oil to get it motivated.

Jeff Wisnia October 21st 04 11:12 PM

pet wrote:

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:34:24 -0500, pet wrote:

I need to take apart my Insinkerator 333. The nut on the motor shaft
won't budge. I've tried soaking it with penetrating oil.

To loosen it, does it the nut turn CCW or CW?

Any other suggstions will be appreciated.

Got it!
The nut turns CCW to loosen.

It just took a couple of hours of penetrating oil to get it motivated.

If you knew which way the grinding plate rotated when operating, it's a
safe bet that the nut would come off by turning it in the opposite
direction.

Jeff

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

schools"

willshak October 22nd 04 06:42 PM

John Normile wrote:

Where can you get spare parts for these units?

Google for - insinkerator parts service
Here's one:
http://www.plumbingstore.com/insinkerator.html

John Normile

Doug Miller October 22nd 04 08:47 PM

In article , Jeff Wisnia wrote:

If you knew which way the grinding plate rotated when operating, it's a
safe bet that the nut would come off by turning it in the opposite
direction.

It's an even better bet that the nut would come off by turning in the *same*
direction. Think about how the arbor nut threads onto a portable circular saw,
for example, or on a table saw or radial arm saw.