Robert11

Default "Little Giant" Ladders ?

Hello:

Would appreciate any opinions on the "Little Giant" ladders.

Guess they are available in a few different capacity/size ratings; all seem
be in the $ 300 - $ 400 range.

Pretty expensive, but looks like something to consider for a new homeowner's
gift.

Was wondering:

-Worth the money ?

-Well built ?

-Safe ?

-Better than separate ladders ? e.g., a tall extension type for outside
work, and
perhaps a good step ladder instead ?

-how about near electrical wires; should one only consider fiberglass type
ladders, or is AL still
considered safe if one is careful ?

-etc.

Any other thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

Greg

My wife has been carrying one around in her truck for close to a decade and it
was used when she got it. Her and all the trades she lends it to have not been
able to break it. These are tough, stable ladders. Wing industries are very
good about parts. When one of the plastic lock buttons broke, from egregious
abuse, they sent us one for free.
Greg

-how about near electrical wires; should one only consider fiberglass type
ladders, or is AL still
considered safe if one is careful ?

No, but that is a separate question
willshak

Robert11 wrote:

[...]

Don't know about the Little Giant, but I bought one of those Werner 3
hinged jointed multi-position ladders from Lowes a couple of years ago.
It was heavy to begin with, but it seems to be getting heavier the older
I get.
I have a 20' aluminum slider, a 5' folder, and a couple of 3 or 4
steppers that I will grab before that Werner.

ROBMURR

Hello:
Would appreciate any opinions on the "Little Giant" ladders.
Guess they are available in a few different capacity/size ratings; all seem to

be in the $ 300 - $ 400 range.
Pretty expensive, but looks like something to consider for a new homeowner's
gift.
Was wondering:

-Worth the money ?

Yes, they are very nice.

-Well built ?

Overbuilt

-Safe ?

Safest step ladder I have ever used

-Better than separate ladders ?

I prefer my long extention ladders, the LG is top heavy
and I have ladder levelers on my long ladders.

-how about near electrical wires; should one only consider fiberglass type
ladders, or is AL still considered safe if one is careful ?

AL is never considered safe around electical wires.

Any other thoughts would be most appreciated.

Saw a program about Air Force One. In the Cargo hold was a
LG ladder taller model than standard. I assume used for engine
maintenance, etc. They probably spent a million dollars to find
the best ladder for the job, so thats good enough for me.

ClaudCar

I love mine and it is sooooo useful - but it is a Type 1, so guys over 200
lbs are leery of using it. Had it for 8 years now and use it at least every
2 weeks especially now that my place has 20 ft ceilings.

--
______________________
Claudia
"Doug Warner" wrote in message
"Robert11" wrote:

Hello:

Would appreciate any opinions on the "Little Giant" ladders.

If I had seen one in a store years ago, I might have bought one, but
now that they've apprared on "infomercials", they've become just so
much more "As seen on TV" garbage.

To reply, please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are VERMIN. Please kill them all.

David

"Robert11" wrote in message ...
Hello:

Would appreciate any opinions on the "Little Giant" ladders.

I was watching the info mercial on the little giant last night, and it
looks identical to the "gorilla" ladder I bought from Home Despot
about six months ago. I have used it constantly and it's a huge
improvement over other ladders I've bought. I laughed at the $360
pricetag on TV, mine was under $200 and I can't tell the difference.
Does anyone know if these are made by the same company? I know Home
Depot resells mercandice under different names in their stores
sometimes.
Even at $300, it's worth the price, IMHO.
-David
ROBMURR

I was watching the info mercial on the little giant last night, and it
looks identical to the "gorilla" ladder I bought from Home Despot
about six months ago. I have used it constantly and it's a huge
improvement over other ladders I've bought. I laughed at the $360
pricetag on TV, mine was under $200 and I can't tell the difference.
Does anyone know if these are made by the same company? I know Home
Depot resells mercandice under different names in their stores
sometimes.

The Gorilla ladder is a knock off it is not made by LG...
Art

Got one. Nice but heavy.

"Fred" wrote in message
I have two of them. One bought in 1985 4' goes to like something 17' type
II. second one purchased last year as I needed a taller one type 1A 5' goes
like 22'extended. Best ladder I ever owned sturdy and very stable.

Robert11 wrote:
[...]

Mzone719

have a little giant as well. They are built heavier than any of the knockoffs
I have seen. You probably don't need something heavier 90% of the time,
however, you do appreciate it when it's extended 20 + feet and your making your
way up to the roof. A lot less bounce.