hwbuckley

Default Pidgeons

What is the best way to keep pidgeons from landing on my roof?

RSMEINER

What is the best way to keep pidgeons from landing on my roof?

a fake owl on the roof
make a mobile out of old cd's and hang it up there.

Randy
http://members.aol.com/rsmeiner

hwbuckley wrote:

What is the best way to keep pidgeons from landing on my roof?

Eat them.

--Goedjn

Rick Shaw

RSMEINER wrote:
What is the best way to keep pidgeons from landing on my roof?

a fake owl on the roof
make a mobile out of old cd's and hang it up there.

Randy
http://members.aol.com/rsmeiner

Make a mobile outta KFC buckets......
mark

we used to have an electric wire on the ledges at work. if it's right on
the peak of your roof, then something that interferes with their landing
would work. a coiled wire or something, perhaps. I've seen them sitting
right on top of the fake owl downtown. Maybe you have to move the owl
periodically for that to work....

"hwbuckley" wrote in message
What is the best way to keep pidgeons from landing on my roof?

mark

You gotcha be hi-tech with the pidgeons these days. They are getting
smarter. The owl needs to rotate, hop around, make owl hoots, and
have lightup eyes. You need to connect the owl to one motor to make
it rotate, and a solenoid to make it hop. Then connect a speaker and
get an owl hooter tape or cd and play the sounds thru the speaker.
Finally, put LED bulbs behind the eyes to make them glow, and be sure
to use a random dimming circuit to control the eye brightness.
You might also consider flapping wings, which coild be achieved using
a pidgeon sensing device and a network of gears attached to another
motor. I have a feeling you are not taking these pidgeons seriously
enough. You MUST outsmart them.

Actually, that's not a bad idea...I just bought a couple of those motion
sensor sprinklers to keep the deer out of the garden. Maybe he could get one
of those and rig it up top. I'll bet they'd get the idea right quick.

Pop

WTF cares what you disapprove of? You must be a real whizzer,
pal!

wrote in message
| On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:08:30 -0400, "hwbuckley"
| wrote:
|
| What is the best way to keep pidgeons from landing on my roof?
|

| I'm Richard Williams and I disapprove of this message !!!!

Nil

On 19 Oct 2004, "Pop" wrote in
:

WTF cares what you disapprove of? You must be a real whizzer,
pal!

You must be either a) unAmerican and/or b) not a TV watcher.

wrote in message
| On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:08:30 -0400, "hwbuckley"
| wrote:
|
| What is the best way to keep pidgeons from landing on my roof?
|
| I'm Richard Williams and I disapprove of this message !!!!

David Gale

Quoth hwbuckley :
What is the best way to keep pidgeons from landing on my roof?

Line the entire thing with concertina wire. Should get rid of the problem.
;-)

In all sincerity, I've seen many buildings in cities that have broken glass,
metal spikes, or some such embedded in their concrete window sills (and all
other convenient roosting points). I don't know how feasible such a system
would be for a residential roof, but it is a simple, no-hassle solution.

-D.

willshak

David Gale wrote:

Quoth hwbuckley :

What is the best way to keep pidgeons from landing on my roof?

Line the entire thing with concertina wire. Should get rid of the problem.
;-)

In all sincerity, I've seen many buildings in cities that have broken glass,
metal spikes, or some such embedded in their concrete window sills (and all
other convenient roosting points). I don't know how feasible such a system
would be for a residential roof, but it is a simple, no-hassle solution.

-D.

What most have overlooked is that there might be someone in the
neighborhood who is putting out food for them. Pigeons don't usually
hang out where there is not a regular supply of food. A month or so ago,
there was a story in the local newspaper about some woman who had this
abnormal fascination with pigeons and was feeding them on a regular
basis. Naturally, the pigeons brought all their friends. The neighbors
were up in arms because of all the pigeon **** all over their cars and
property. They asked her to stop on numerous occasions, and after the
woman ignored their pleas, they went to the local authorities to
complain, but there was no law against feeding pigeons (there is one
prohibiting the feeding of deer, though). There was no solution
reported, and the newspaper article was just a public airing of the
particular problem.

Suzie-Q

In article ,
"hwbuckley" wrote:

- What is the best way to keep pidgeons from landing on my roof?
-
-

There's a special product made just for that and you can
find it online. Unfortunately, I can't right now.

I'm going to go over to rec.birds and see if someone there
remembers how to find the website.

You can wait here for an answer, or come on over to rec.birds
and see what happens.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
***Revelation 22:12*** ICQ: 349878998
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
Pop

No, don't have a lot of use for the boob-tube. Only TV I watch
is what I record for viewing so I can skip the commercials, etc.
That said though, I still stand by the unqualified statement the
OP made:

WTF cares what the OP disapproves of?

I disapprove of sexual abuse too. Not every one does, though.
Plus I disapprove of Maggie sitting in the front seat while
speeding home and almost running hubby over in the driveway.
Maybe you get that, but not everyone will. I disapprove of off
topic, time wasting posters. It's a long list; should I
continue?

Pop

"Nil" wrote in message
| On 19 Oct 2004, "Pop" wrote in
| :
|
| WTF cares what you disapprove of? You must be a real
whizzer,
| pal!
|
| You must be either a) unAmerican and/or b) not a TV watcher.
|

| wrote in message
| | On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:08:30 -0400, "hwbuckley"
| | wrote:
| |
| | What is the best way to keep pidgeons from landing on my
roof?
| |
| | I'm Richard Williams and I disapprove of this message !!!!

bumtracks

hungry stranded cats would love to be on your roof

"hwbuckley" wrote in message
What is the best way to keep pidgeons from landing on my roof?

ameijers

"David Gale" wrote in message
Quoth hwbuckley :
What is the best way to keep pidgeons from landing on my roof?

Line the entire thing with concertina wire. Should get rid of the

problem.
;-)

In all sincerity, I've seen many buildings in cities that have broken

glass,
metal spikes, or some such embedded in their concrete window sills (and

all
other convenient roosting points). I don't know how feasible such a

system
would be for a residential roof, but it is a simple, no-hassle solution.

They tried that at my office- giant carpet-gripper looking things, with
interlaced 3 inch spikes sticking up. Worked about a month, then the birds
started nesting in them, bending a few spikes down and using the rest for
anchors.

Pigeons are right up there with cockroaches and sharks in adapting to their
environment.

aem sends....

Sarge

BB gun from your local Wal-Mart, $29.95. Works every time it connects
and a lot more fun. Remember, they're only roof rats! Just consider
it varmint hunting in an urban setting.

wrote:

What is the best way to keep pidgeons from landing on my roof?

F.H.

Suzie-Q wrote:

There's a special product made just for that and you can
find it online. Unfortunately, I can't right now.

I'm going to go over to rec.birds and see if someone there
remembers how to find the website.

http://www.nixalite.com/
Suzie-Q

In article bFRdd.3033$qr.1786@trnddc05, "F.H." wrote:

- Suzie-Q wrote:
-
-
- There's a special product made just for that and you can
- find it online. Unfortunately, I can't right now.
-
- I'm going to go over to rec.birds and see if someone there
- remembers how to find the website.
-
- http://www.nixalite.com/

Yep, that's it!
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
***Revelation 22:12*** ICQ: 349878998
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
KLS

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 16:41:43 GMT, "F.H."
wrote:

Suzie-Q wrote:

There's a special product made just for that and you can
find it online. Unfortunately, I can't right now.

I'm going to go over to rec.birds and see if someone there
remembers how to find the website.

http://www.nixalite.com/

Highly recommended by me, and still working GREAT after 15years.