PrecisionMachinisT

Default Security Screws

"John?] "
wrote in message
. net...

Trying to fix a small electric heater held together with security
screws.

The screws have a recessed triangle in the center; sort of like a
square drive screw, but it's a triangle.

Do these screws have a name?

John

http://www.tamperproof.com/

--

SVL

Greg

I had to get into these once and I just ground an old screwdriver down until it
fit.
It would be easier to keep the triangle "equilateral" if you started with the
right sized allen. Just knock off every other point.
zxcvbob

John‰]
wrote:

Trying to fix a small electric heater held together with security
screws.

The screws have a recessed triangle in the center; sort of like a
square drive screw, but it's a triangle.

Do these screws have a name?

John

You can remove them with a left-handed drill bit and a variable speed
reversible drill. Replace with normal sheet metal screws, or put them
back using a normal drill bit.

You can buy a left-handed drill bit at your local full-service hardware
store.

Best regards,
Bob
PrecisionMachinisT

"Greg" wrote in message
I had to get into these once and I just ground an old screwdriver down

until it
fit.
It would be easier to keep the triangle "equilateral" if you started with

the
right sized allen. Just knock off every other point.

There ya go !!!

Just make sure and start out with a left-handed allen wrench.......

SVL

RMD

John,

These security screws may have a name, but in any case are usually
obtained as part of kits of security screw bits.

Having said that I've had a look at my various security screw kits,
which I've bought as I've seen them, and I don't seem to have
anything like that. New to me, at least!

Ross

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 00:23:07 GMT, "John‰]*
************************************************** *************"
wrote:

Trying to fix a small electric heater held together with security
screws.

The screws have a recessed triangle in the center; sort of like a
square drive screw, but it's a triangle.

Do these screws have a name?

John

(To get email address ROT 13)

bumtracks

guess it you're clever enough to take apart the heater with the keep out
screws,
they don't need to worry about loosing any lawsuits after your family
burning up in a house fire.

"John?] "
wrote in message
. net...

Trying to fix a small electric heater held together with security
screws.

The screws have a recessed triangle in the center; sort of like a
square drive screw, but it's a triangle.

Do these screws have a name?

John

Charlie Bress

"John?] "
wrote in message
. net...

Trying to fix a small electric heater held together with security
screws.

The screws have a recessed triangle in the center; sort of like a
square drive screw, but it's a triangle.

Do these screws have a name?

John

Try here for bits that will handle most security screws

http://www.widgetsupply.com/page/WS/...er-star/OD01-S

John Grabowski

Sounds like a tri-wing driver. They sell these at McMaster-Carr. Look
under tamper resistant drivers.

John Grabowski
http://www.mrelectrician.tv