Frank

Default Looking for small jumper-cable type alligator clips

I need help! I'm looking for alligator clips that look like the clips at
the ends of jumper cales, only smaller. The jumper cable ones are super
heavy duty and are around 6" in length. The ones I'm looking for are
about 3" in length, are usually rated between 25-50 amps, and have 2
plastic sleeves that fit one over each handle (eithe red or black) I
can find tons of these that are smooth (no teeth, like a clamp), but I
need one with teeth. Does anyone know where these can be obtained?
Tony Hwang

Frank wrote:

I need help! I'm looking for alligator clips that look like the clips at
the ends of jumper cales, only smaller. The jumper cable ones are super
heavy duty and are around 6" in length. The ones I'm looking for are
about 3" in length, are usually rated between 25-50 amps, and have 2
plastic sleeves that fit one over each handle (eithe red or black) I
can find tons of these that are smooth (no teeth, like a clamp), but I
need one with teeth. Does anyone know where these can be obtained?

Hi,
Automotive parts shop?
Tony

Robert Allison

http://www.radioshack.com/

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Frank

No - radio shack has smooth clip, no teeth.

willshak

Frank wrote:

No - radio shack has smooth clip, no teeth.

I have 4" spring clamps on my small battery charger. Same as the battery
jumper cables, but smaller. Somebody must have them, but who? You've
already browsed the electrical aisles at the box stores?
willshak

willshak wrote:

Frank wrote:

No - radio shack has smooth clip, no teeth.

I have 4" spring clamps on my small battery charger. Same as the
battery jumper cables, but smaller. Somebody must have them, but who?
You've already browsed the electrical aisles at the box stores?

Looked after I posted. Here they a
http://www.poolandspa.com/catalog/pr...0252000029.cfm
willshak

willshak wrote:

Frank wrote:

No - radio shack has smooth clip, no teeth.

I have 4" spring clamps on my small battery charger. Same as the
battery jumper cables, but smaller. Somebody must have them, but who?
You've already browsed the electrical aisles at the box stores?

Sorry if you see something else posted by me regarding this message, I
added an update to the wrong message.
Jmagerl

these?
http://mcm.newark.com/NewarkWebComme...SKU=69-023&N=4

"Frank" wrote in message
No - radio shack has smooth clip, no teeth.

Frank

Thanks for the suggestion. What are box stores? Are they places to buy
shipping supplies? Why do these stores carry charging clips? Also, I
need this for a small project I'm doing and need 30 pairs of these
clips, so browsing stands a good chance of not being able to get the
quantity I need. I need to find who actually makes these or an
industrial supply store that sells these.

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 13:44:28 -0400, willshak
wrote:

willshak wrote:

Frank wrote:

No - radio shack has smooth clip, no teeth.

I have 4" spring clamps on my small battery charger. Same as the
battery jumper cables, but smaller. Somebody must have them, but who?
You've already browsed the electrical aisles at the box stores?

Looked after I posted. Here they a
http://www.poolandspa.com/catalog/pr...0252000029.cfm

Frank

No, the clips I need look very similar to jumper cable clips, but about
1/3 - 1/2 the size.

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 16:24:20 -0500, "Jmagerl"
wrote:

these?
http://mcm.newark.com/NewarkWebComme...SKU=69-023&N=4

"Frank" wrote in message
.. .
No - radio shack has smooth clip, no teeth.

Frank

No, the BU-X15400 is the full size 6.75" inch clip. As I said, I'm
looking for the smaller version of this clip, about 3" in length.

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 13:48:09 -0400, "Joe Fabeitz"
wrote:

http://www.muellerelectric.com/clips...s/clips12.html

Jmagerl

Is this what your looking for? 2nd picture down on the right
http://www.fabian.com.mt/crocclips.html
I doubt you would want to order from Malta but is that what your looking
for?

THe only other one I can find is one without teeth
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=090-449

Google on "50amp battery clip"

wrote:

http://www.muellerelectric.com/clips...s/clips12.html

Tony Hwang

wrote:

http://www.muellerelectric.com/clips...s/clips12.html

Hi,
Small auto battery chargers come with those clips.
Ought to check at auto electric parts shop.
Tony

Frank

I'd have to say the second link is more along the lines of what I'm
looking for, only with teeth. The first link appears a little too heavy
duty, and probably too expensive. Test equipment manufacturers make
very high grade clips similar to the one that I'm looking for, but the
quality and price are much higher than I need. I need a quantity of
these and although one would not break me if it were $10, sixty would at
$600. The one in the second link fits into the right price/quality
range of $0.50 to $1.00, and looks very similar to ones I have used in
the past (if only I could remember where I got them!)

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 21:27:20 -0500, "Jmagerl"
wrote:

Is this what your looking for? 2nd picture down on the right
http://www.fabian.com.mt/crocclips.html
I doubt you would want to order from Malta but is that what your looking
for?

THe only other one I can find is one without teeth
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=090-449

Google on "50amp battery clip"

.. .

wrote:

http://www.muellerelectric.com/clips...s/clips12.html

Frank

I had the same idea, and I thought it would surely pan out, but so far
no results. I've also been calling battery charger companies using the
same idea, but all to no avail. I find it incredible how hard it is to
find this item.

wrote:

http://www.muellerelectric.com/clips...s/clips12.html

Hi,
Small auto battery chargers come with those clips.
Ought to check at auto electric parts shop.
Tony

John Hines

Frank wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. What are box stores? Are they places to buy
shipping supplies? Why do these stores carry charging clips?

Box stores is slang for those big boxey stores, like home depot, lowes,
menards, that sell hardware, and have put the little guys out of
business.

John Hines

Frank wrote:

I'd have to say the second link is more along the lines of what I'm
looking for, only with teeth. The first link appears a little too heavy
duty, and probably too expensive. Test equipment manufacturers make
very high grade clips similar to the one that I'm looking for, but the
quality and price are much higher than I need. I need a quantity of
these and although one would not break me if it were $10, sixty would at
$600. The one in the second link fits into the right price/quality
range of $0.50 to $1.00, and looks very similar to ones I have used in
the past (if only I could remember where I got them!)

http://www.allelectronics.com

Search for "alg" as it is part of the stock numbers.

John Hines

Frank wrote:

I'd have to say the second link is more along the lines of what I'm
looking for, only with teeth. The first link appears a little too heavy
duty, and probably too expensive. Test equipment manufacturers make
very high grade clips similar to the one that I'm looking for, but the
quality and price are much higher than I need. I need a quantity of
these and although one would not break me if it were $10, sixty would at
$600. The one in the second link fits into the right price/quality
range of $0.50 to $1.00, and looks very similar to ones I have used in
the past (if only I could remember where I got them!)

http://www.sciplus.com/category.cfm?...5&category=151

Frank

Can't tell from the picture. Keep in mind, there are lot of clips that
meet my specs but without teeth - they can be gotten from many places
I've seen on the web. For some reason, those with teeth are exceedingly
rare

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 19:18:12 -0500, John Hines
wrote:

Frank wrote:

I'd have to say the second link is more along the lines of what I'm
looking for, only with teeth. The first link appears a little too heavy
duty, and probably too expensive. Test equipment manufacturers make
very high grade clips similar to the one that I'm looking for, but the
quality and price are much higher than I need. I need a quantity of
these and although one would not break me if it were $10, sixty would at
$600. The one in the second link fits into the right price/quality
range of $0.50 to $1.00, and looks very similar to ones I have used in
the past (if only I could remember where I got them!)

http://www.sciplus.com/category.cfm?...5&category=151

John Hines

Frank wrote:

Can't tell from the picture. Keep in mind, there are lot of clips that
meet my specs but without teeth - they can be gotten from many places
I've seen on the web. For some reason, those with teeth are exceedingly
rare

Yeah. Reduces current flow (contact area). A triangle file and elbow
grease?

Does Mueller have a clip that you like? They are like the industry
standard.

John Hines

Frank wrote:

Can't tell from the picture. Keep in mind, there are lot of clips that
meet my specs but without teeth - they can be gotten from many places
I've seen on the web. For some reason, those with teeth are exceedingly
rare

http://www.muellerelectric.com/clips...g11.html#BU46A

BU-41(A|C)
Frank

ha ha - don't think I didn't consider it, but it's really not a viable
solution. No, Mueller dos not have it. I called them directly.

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 12:12:49 -0500, John Hines
wrote:

Frank wrote:

Can't tell from the picture. Keep in mind, there are lot of clips that
meet my specs but without teeth - they can be gotten from many places
I've seen on the web. For some reason, those with teeth are exceedingly
rare

Yeah. Reduces current flow (contact area). A triangle file and elbow
grease?

Does Mueller have a clip that you like? They are like the industry
standard.

Frank

No teeth on these. BTW - These do exist. I located them once in the
past and industry people that I have spoken to in my search have seen
them. They just don't know where.

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 12:23:16 -0500, John Hines
wrote:

http://www.muellerelectric.com/clips...g11.html#BU46A

MUADIB®

Frank,........What is your project? Someone might be able to Come up
with something that'd work really well, even though it doesn't fit
your description. Other than that, I am going to suggest you post a
WTB add on your local .forsale newsgroup and buy up dead battery
chargers.................it's a source anyway.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

one small step for man,.....
One giant leap for attorneys.
Grandpa Koca

Frank wrote:
No teeth on these. BTW - These do exist. I located them once in the
past and industry people that I have spoken to in my search have seen
them. They just don't know where.

Maybe these?:
http://www.powertoolstore.com/Qstore/p000283.htm

But what do I know?

--
Grandpa Koca - SAHD for 6 - Keeper of the Perpetual Kindergarten

My opinion is neither copyrighted nor trademarked. It is price
competitive. If you like, I'll trade for one of yours.

Rudy

ha ha - don't think I didn't consider it, but it's really not a viable
solution. No, Mueller dos not have it. I called them directly.

How about Grainger ?

Rudy

How about Grainger ? TEST LEAD SET # 1TC82

Frank

Tried them too - no go. Also tried McMaster-Carr and Manhattan Supply.

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 04:48:16 GMT, "Rudy" wrote:

ha ha - don't think I didn't consider it, but it's really not a viable
solution. No, Mueller dos not have it. I called them directly.

How about Grainger ?

Frank

Can't tell from pic, but looks like full size 200 amp clip, which would
be too big.

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 03:36:07 GMT, Grandpa Koca wrote:

http://www.powertoolstore.com/Qstore/p000283.htm

Rich

McMaster-Carr has them. The product page is
http://www.mcmaster.com/ctlg/DisplCt...MMainWidth=588

Go to http://www.mcmaster.com and use the search term "alligator clip"

Rich
http://www.garage-door-hardware.com

"Frank" wrote in message
I need help! I'm looking for alligator clips that look like the clips at
the ends of jumper cales, only smaller. The jumper cable ones are super
heavy duty and are around 6" in length. The ones I'm looking for are
about 3" in length, are usually rated between 25-50 amps, and have 2
plastic sleeves that fit one over each handle (eithe red or black) I
can find tons of these that are smooth (no teeth, like a clamp), but I
need one with teeth. Does anyone know where these can be obtained?

Frederick

Already been there - they do not have it (but it is a great online
website for ordering lots of stuff). The link does not show what I need
- see beginning of thread.

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 18:53:52 GMT, "Rich"
wrote:

McMaster-Carr has them. The product page is
http://www.mcmaster.com/ctlg/DisplCt...MMainWidth=588

Go to http://www.mcmaster.com and use the search term "alligator clip"

Rich
http://www.garage-door-hardware.com

"Frank" wrote in message
.. .
I need help! I'm looking for alligator clips that look like the clips at
the ends of jumper cales, only smaller. The jumper cable ones are super
heavy duty and are around 6" in length. The ones I'm looking for are
about 3" in length, are usually rated between 25-50 amps, and have 2
plastic sleeves that fit one over each handle (eithe red or black) I
can find tons of these that are smooth (no teeth, like a clamp), but I
need one with teeth. Does anyone know where these can be obtained?

Frank

It's a battery charging project, and after considering/trying different
types of clips, I have found that these are the best - just can't seem
to find them again, though I once did.

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 03:21:11 GMT, MUADIB®
wrote:

Frank,........What is your project? Someone might be able to Come up
with something that'd work really well, even though it doesn't fit
your description. Other than that, I am going to suggest you post a
WTB add on your local .forsale newsgroup and buy up dead battery
chargers.................it's a source anyway.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

one small step for man,.....
One giant leap for attorneys.

Rudy

http://www.princessauto.com/_osn.cfm...EMENT%20CLAMPS
500A
http://www.princessauto.com/_osn.cfm... 1=CLAMP%20SET
10A

use a file, hacksaw blade or grinder to cut your own "teeth"

I need help! I'm looking for alligator clips that look like the clips at
the ends of jumper cales, only smaller. The jumper cable ones are super
heavy duty and are around 6" in length. The ones I'm looking for are
about 3" in length, are usually rated between 25-50 amps, and have 2
plastic sleeves that fit one over each handle (eithe red or black) I
can find tons of these that are smooth (no teeth, like a clamp), but I
need one with teeth. Does anyone know where these can be obtained?

davefr

Try these links:
www.mscdirect.com
www.smallparts.com
www.plattelectric.com
www.newark.com
www.digikey.com

Frank wrote in message . ..
I need help! I'm looking for alligator clips that look like the clips at
the ends of jumper cales, only smaller. The jumper cable ones are super
heavy duty and are around 6" in length. The ones I'm looking for are
about 3" in length, are usually rated between 25-50 amps, and have 2
plastic sleeves that fit one over each handle (eithe red or black) I
can find tons of these that are smooth (no teeth, like a clamp), but I
need one with teeth. Does anyone know where these can be obtained?

Frank

The ones I hadn't tried were the 2nd and 3rd links - smallparts doesn't
seem to have anything close and the 3rd link is invalid(misspelled?)

On 19 Oct 2004 10:37:16 -0700, (davefr) wrote:

Try these links:
www.mscdirect.com
www.smallparts.com
www.plattelectric.com
www.newark.com
www.digikey.com

Frank wrote in message . ..
I need help! I'm looking for alligator clips that look like the clips at
the ends of jumper cales, only smaller. The jumper cable ones are super
heavy duty and are around 6" in length. The ones I'm looking for are
about 3" in length, are usually rated between 25-50 amps, and have 2
plastic sleeves that fit one over each handle (eithe red or black) I
can find tons of these that are smooth (no teeth, like a clamp), but I
need one with teeth. Does anyone know where these can be obtained?

Frank

For 60 clamps? Quite a bit of work. Even if possible, the clip spring
strength might be different due to the altered mating position of the
pieces. I think I'll just keep on trying to find the right clips. BTW
- the second link is great. Aside from the teeth, it is precisely the
type of clip I'm looking for.