Yaofeng

Default Air compressor

This topic has probably been discussed ad nausem. Still I'd like you
guys opinion on what to choose. Brand, model, power, delivery,
weight, size, the whole bit.

One big enough to drive a nail gun, no more than two, is sufficient
for me. I like my emglo 5hp gas wheeled twin barrel. It is way over
kill and works only outdoors. I am looking to get a second, smaller,
portable electric one.
John Hines

http://air.irco.com/asg/centrifugal/centac/5cii.pdf

One big enough to drive a nail gun, no more than two, is sufficient
for me. I like my emglo 5hp gas wheeled twin barrel. It is way over
kill and works only outdoors. I am looking to get a second, smaller,
portable electric one.

Well, ok, maybe you can get by with a bit smaller one than that.
Richard J Kinch

Yaofeng writes:

Still I'd like you
guys opinion on what to choose. Brand, model, power, delivery,
weight, size, the whole bit.

My critical opinions:

http://www.truetex.com/aircompressors.htm
Edwin Pawlowski

"Yaofeng" wrote in message
om...
This topic has probably been discussed ad nausem. Still I'd like you
guys opinion on what to choose. Brand, model, power, delivery,
weight, size, the whole bit.

One big enough to drive a nail gun, no more than two, is sufficient
for me.

The little Porter Cable pancake 6 gallon works well. Easily carried on the
job or from the garage to house. A kit with nail guns is available at a
good price.

Stormin Mormon

The portable electric ones seem to come in a couple variables:

Tube tank, or "pancake".
Splash lubricated, or "oilless".

Beyond that, I'm not all that much help.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Yaofeng" wrote in message
om...
This topic has probably been discussed ad nausem. Still I'd like you
guys opinion on what to choose. Brand, model, power, delivery,
weight, size, the whole bit.

One big enough to drive a nail gun, no more than two, is sufficient
for me. I like my emglo 5hp gas wheeled twin barrel. It is way over
kill and works only outdoors. I am looking to get a second, smaller,
portable electric one.

Playintennis5274

electric is way better than gas IF you have the choice. less noise and electric
is like 60% more efficient. But if yourr in construction, gas might be better
but i guess you can tap off the temp pole. Anyways. the biggest thing you need
to know in "how big" is figure what tool uses the most "csfm" toolowners manuel
will list in the specs. "CSFM" is cubic square feet per minute. Most tools
will use aroun 4-7.5 . see how much each nail gun uses , add that and get a
compressor that is listed to put out that many csfm.
Chris Lewis

According to Playintennis5274 :
electric is way better than gas IF you have the choice. less noise and electric
is like 60% more efficient. But if yourr in construction, gas might be better
but i guess you can tap off the temp pole. Anyways. the biggest thing you need
to know in "how big" is figure what tool uses the most "csfm" toolowners manuel
will list in the specs. "CSFM" is cubic square feet per minute. Most tools
will use aroun 4-7.5 . see how much each nail gun uses , add that and get a
compressor that is listed to put out that many csfm.

Cubic square feet?

Ahem.

You mean CFM. There's no square feet in cubic feet ;-)

Nail guns don't use very much CFM. Usually less than 2, depending on how fast
you go and what size nails you're firing.

My home brew air compressor with a 10 gal tank goes about half-hour between
recharges with a 18ga nailer... Which is good, because the compressor is about
3/4 CFM.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
Edwin Pawlowski

"Chris Lewis" wrote in message

Ahem.

You mean CFM. There's no square feet in cubic feet ;-)

No, he means SCFM

In many process applications there is a critical demand for a specific
minimum flow in terms of some base or reference pressure, temperature and
relative humidity. Many standards are used, the most common being the
Compressed Air & Gas Institute (CAGI) and the American Society of Mechanical
Engineers (ASME) standards, which are 14.7 PSIA, 68Deg. F and 36% relative
humidity. When you express your "Demand" in Standard CFM (SCFM), you are
saying that you want this compressor or blower to deliver this CFM even at
your worst case conditions.

Stormin Mormon

Yep, there's a whole bunch of square feet in a cubic foot. We just stack
them squre feet up until it's about a foot tall. And then it's cubic. We do
things different in NYS.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Chris Lewis" wrote in message
According to Playintennis5274 :
to know in "how big" is figure what tool uses the most "csfm" toolowners

manuel
will list in the specs. "CSFM" is cubic square feet per minute. Most

tools
will use aroun 4-7.5 . see how much each nail gun uses , add that and get

compressor that is listed to put out that many csfm.

Cubic square feet?

Ahem.

You mean CFM. There's no square feet in cubic feet ;-)

Pop

No,
1 ft W X 1 ft L x 1 Ft H is one cubic foot.
1 ft W x 1 ft L is one Square foot.

There are NOT "lots" of square feet in a cubic foot because a
"square foot" does NOT have height, only length and width. So,
there are NO square feet in a cubic foot; there is no
correlation. You cannot calculate square feet in a cubic foot
without giving each square foot a height, which turns it into .
cubic feet. Square # cubic. No correlation.

Pop

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
message . ..
| Yep, there's a whole bunch of square feet in a cubic foot. We
just stack
| them squre feet up until it's about a foot tall. And then it's
cubic. We do
| things different in NYS.
|
| --
|
| Christopher A. Young
| Learn more about Jesus
| www.lds.org
| www.mormons.com
|

| "Chris Lewis" wrote in message
| According to Playintennis5274 :
| to know in "how big" is figure what tool uses the most "csfm"
toolowners
| manuel
| will list in the specs. "CSFM" is cubic square feet per
minute. Most
| tools
| will use aroun 4-7.5 . see how much each nail gun uses , add
that and get
| compressor that is listed to put out that many csfm.
|
| Cubic square feet?
|
| Ahem.
|
| You mean CFM. There's no square feet in cubic feet ;-)

willshak

Pop wrote:

No,
1 ft W X 1 ft L x 1 Ft H is one cubic foot.
1 ft W x 1 ft L is one Square foot.

There are NOT "lots" of square feet in a cubic foot because a
"square foot" does NOT have height, only length and width. So,
there are NO square feet in a cubic foot; there is no
correlation. You cannot calculate square feet in a cubic foot
without giving each square foot a height, which turns it into .
cubic feet. Square # cubic. No correlation.

Pop

I think he was kidding, Pop. :-)

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
message . ..
| Yep, there's a whole bunch of square feet in a cubic foot. We
just stack
| them squre feet up until it's about a foot tall. And then it's
cubic. We do
| things different in NYS.
|
| --
|
| Christopher A. Young
| Learn more about Jesus
| www.lds.org
| www.mormons.com
|

| "Chris Lewis" wrote in message
| According to Playintennis5274 :
| to know in "how big" is figure what tool uses the most "csfm"
toolowners
| manuel
| will list in the specs. "CSFM" is cubic square feet per
minute. Most
| tools
| will use aroun 4-7.5 . see how much each nail gun uses , add
that and get
| compressor that is listed to put out that many csfm.
|
| Cubic square feet?
|
| Ahem.
|
| You mean CFM. There's no square feet in cubic feet ;-)

Edwin Pawlowski

"Pop" wrote in message
There are NOT "lots" of square feet in a cubic foot because a
"square foot" does NOT have height, only length and width.

Sure, you just take some of the flat ones and stand them on end.

Stormin Mormon

Guess you didn't work at the same factory where I worked. We had so many
square feet stacked up, hey if you woulda stood on the pile you could have
touched the ceiling. Of course the pile was only a foot wide and so it was
kinda tippy.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus