Jack Jackson

Default Low Pressure Propane Line Extension Material ??

What kind of flexible tubing can I use for low pressure propane line
extensions for exterior propane radiant heaters?
Pressure after two stage regulator is 10" water or about 1/2 PSI.
Length 10' to 20' with "flare" type fittings.
These will be away from any heat emitted by the heaters since the
heaters have their own 6' flexible "rubber like" gas lines.
Use will be occasional and pressure will be OFF when not in use.
I bet garden hose would be fine but that does not sound right.
Any Ideas for something cheaper than a bunch of short $2/ft Home Depot
metal propane lines in series?
Thanks!
Edwin Pawlowski

"Jack Jackson" wrote in message
What kind of flexible tubing can I use for low pressure propane line
extensions for exterior propane radiant heaters?

I imagine a lot of things "could" work but why not stop by your local
propane dealer and get the right tubing. It is common on gas grills and
such to have what looks like the regular air line tubing, but check with
them to be sure.

SQLit

"Jack Jackson" wrote in message
.. .
What kind of flexible tubing can I use for low pressure propane line
extensions for exterior propane radiant heaters?
Pressure after two stage regulator is 10" water or about 1/2 PSI.
Length 10' to 20' with "flare" type fittings.
These will be away from any heat emitted by the heaters since the
heaters have their own 6' flexible "rubber like" gas lines.
Use will be occasional and pressure will be OFF when not in use.
I bet garden hose would be fine but that does not sound right.
Any Ideas for something cheaper than a bunch of short $2/ft Home Depot
metal propane lines in series?
Thanks!

I am pretty sure that your not allowed to use flexible/rubber hose on
permanent installations.
Better check the local building official.

Coleman makes an propane tree with hoses for camping.
http://www.thesportsauthority.com/fa...713364.1341392

This might help. Not much less than $2 a foot but....