FurPaw

Default Mouse deterrents?

In desperation*, we rented a storage locker that isn't mouse-proof, and
it has too many too large holes (between lockers, between wall and roof)
to stuff with steel wool. We are putting down lots of warfarin packs to
kill any mice that sample from them.

Any suggestions for mouse *deterrents*? Do the high-pitched sound
emitters work to drive the critters away? Any other suggestions?

Thanks -

FurPaw
*better constructed units are full with waiting lists.

--
"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing:
the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's

Viktor Frankl, "Man's Search for Meaning", p 86.

To reply, unleash the dog
SQLit

"FurPaw" wrote in message
In desperation*, we rented a storage locker that isn't mouse-proof, and
it has too many too large holes (between lockers, between wall and roof)
to stuff with steel wool. We are putting down lots of warfarin packs to
kill any mice that sample from them.

Any suggestions for mouse *deterrents*? Do the high-pitched sound
emitters work to drive the critters away? Any other suggestions?

Thanks -

FurPaw
*better constructed units are full with waiting lists.

--
"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing:
the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's
attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose
one's own way."

Viktor Frankl, "Man's Search for Meaning", p 86.

To reply, unleash the dog

Most storage places shut down the power to the units after closing. Your
electronic anything will be of little use. Complain to the manager and see
if they offer any suggestions

Peter H

FurPaw wrote:
In desperation*, we rented a storage locker that isn't mouse-proof, and
it has too many too large holes (between lockers, between wall and roof)
to stuff with steel wool. We are putting down lots of warfarin packs to
kill any mice that sample from them.

Any suggestions for mouse *deterrents*? Do the high-pitched sound
emitters work to drive the critters away? Any other suggestions?

Thanks -

FurPaw
*better constructed units are full with waiting lists.

My experience w/ the electronic deterents wasn't good. I don't think
they do a thing.

Peter H
Joseph Meehan

"FurPaw" wrote in message
In desperation*, we rented a storage locker that isn't mouse-proof, and it
has too many too large holes (between lockers, between wall and roof) to
stuff with steel wool. We are putting down lots of warfarin packs to kill
any mice that sample from them.

Any suggestions for mouse *deterrents*? Do the high-pitched sound
emitters work to drive the critters away? Any other suggestions?

Thanks -

FurPaw
*better constructed units are full with waiting lists.

--
"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing:
the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's
attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose
one's own way."

Viktor Frankl, "Man's Search for Meaning", p 86.

To reply, unleash the dog

I will make one suggestion. Try a second non-warfarin based poison.
They are finding up to 30% of the mice and other rodents are building up a
resistance to the stuff.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Rich

Poisons really suck unless you enjoy the smell of little mice carcasses. If
you want to keep the little rascals away sprinkle red cayenne pepper around
the areas where you have found their droppings, entrance/exit ways or other
signs of their presence, trust me they will head for the hills and won't
look back.
Rich

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
"FurPaw" wrote in message
[...]

Chris Perdue

From: FurPaw

Any suggestions for mouse *deterrents*? Do the high-pitched sound
emitters work to drive the critters away? Any other suggestions?

An old farmer told me to put soap in my storage unit....i used Irish spring
sport...G...he told me they don't like the smell (basically because the lil
*******s stink i guess..G)...it worked...i also put soap(cut into
strips/slices/cubes/whatever) in my spare vehicles this time of year...no more
mouse problems for three years now...YMMV
-------------------
Chris Perdue
"I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in
the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the
air-cooled legend forward"
Jim Mais
Feb. 2004
HA HA Budys Here

A cat.
Stormin Mormon

Shallow pans of automobile antifreeze. The mousies lap it up. It digests,
and makes toxins. Mousies stagger, fall over, and die.

Keep away from kids, or desirable pets. They also lap it up, get sick,
stagger, fall over and die.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus