Sunil

Default Anderson Casement Windows Air Leak

We have Anderson casement windows and we get cool air draft in winter.
Please suggest what can be done.
royroy

I have these windows and have not had a problem. BUT---
Where are they leaking?
If it is that the windows don't close tight enough,supposedly they
can be adjusted. Contact Anderson online, or ask you local Anderson
installers. If you are going to talk to Anderson, make sure you have
all the numbers in the little insignia in one corner of the glass
If it is around the casing, at the joint with the wall, suggest
caulking---both inside and out.
Remember, these windows are not perfect i.e. they do not guarantee
100% insulation---and certainly not that afforded by the surrounding
walls. You could, therefore, simply be feeling the affect that it is
colder next to the glass and this cold is "sliding down the glass" and
onto the floor---cold does that. Drapes?!?

On 30 Sep 2004 16:40:25 -0700, (Sunil) wrote:
We have Anderson casement windows and we get cool air draft in winter.
Please suggest what can be done.

Art

Probably easiest to call them. If you go to their site and cannot find the
phone number, download their parts catalog and the 800 number is in there.

"ROBMURR" wrote in message
Email Anderson windows first?
www.andersenwindows.com

Oscar_Lives

"Sunil" wrote in message
om...
We have Anderson casement windows and we get cool air draft in winter.
Please suggest what can be done.

Close the ****ing window.

James Nipper

Oscar_Lives seems like a very intelligent fellow, and quite nice to boot.

--James--

"Sunil" wrote in message
om...
We have Anderson casement windows and we get cool air draft in winter.
Please suggest what can be done.

Oscar says:

Close the ****ing window.

Stormin Mormon

I might have said understated in his old world courtesy.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"James Nipper" wrote in message
Oscar_Lives seems like a very intelligent fellow, and quite nice to boot.

--James--

om...