Nightstar

Default Dishwasher - squeaky door

Hi,

I have a fairly new KitchenAid dishwasher and the door developed a bad
squeak all of a sudden. This morning I opened the door to finish
dishwasher then left for work. I opened the dishwasher door this
evening, and there is now a horrible squeak.

I did have a contractor and his workers here today doing lots of
sanding on the ceilings, which produced a LOT of fine, white, powdery
dust. Could this have affected the dishwasher door? I tried using
compressed air on the hinges, but that didn't seem to help.

Any suggestions on how to remedy this?

Thanks in advance for your opinions/suggestions.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Nightstar" wrote in message

I have a fairly new KitchenAid dishwasher and the door developed a bad
squeak all of a sudden. This morning I opened the door to finish
dishwasher then left for work. I opened the dishwasher door this
evening, and there is now a horrible squeak.

I did have a contractor and his workers here today doing lots of
sanding on the ceilings, which produced a LOT of fine, white, powdery
dust. Could this have affected the dishwasher door? I tried using
compressed air on the hinges, but that didn't seem to help.

If the DW was closed, I doubt the dust got in there. How new is fairly
new? If it is less than a year, it is under warranty so the dealer should
be able to fix it for you.
Ed

Jeff Wisnia

If the door has curved pieces near the bottom which move through slots
in the machine frame, try spritzing a little silicone spray through
those openings. Silicone is benign enough to not damage anything else it
lands on back there.

HTH,

Jeff

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

schools"

Nightstar wrote:

Hi,

I have a fairly new KitchenAid dishwasher and the door developed a bad
squeak all of a sudden. This morning I opened the door to finish
dishwasher then left for work. I opened the dishwasher door this
evening, and there is now a horrible squeak.

I did have a contractor and his workers here today doing lots of
sanding on the ceilings, which produced a LOT of fine, white, powdery
dust. Could this have affected the dishwasher door? I tried using
compressed air on the hinges, but that didn't seem to help.

Any suggestions on how to remedy this?

Thanks in advance for your opinions/suggestions.

Jeff Wisnia

Nightstar wrote:
Thanks for your suggestion. I take it, silicone spray is different than
WD-40?

snipped

Yep, and it doesn't smell as much either. Silicone is pretty inert stuff
compared to most other lubricants (except maybe for spit, and that dries
up pretty fast.) Should be available at any hardware store.

Good to have around for things which need a little added slipperiness,
like a sliding window which is a little too tight.

HTH,

Jeff

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

schools"

Silicone is a MAJOR headache for furniture finishers as it causes
fisheye, where surface tension pulls wet finish away from the spot.
Use it CAREFULLY and avoid any wood nearby.

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 18:27:34 -0400, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

Nightstar wrote:
Thanks for your suggestion. I take it, silicone spray is different than
WD-40?

snipped

Yep, and it doesn't smell as much either. Silicone is pretty inert stuff
compared to most other lubricants (except maybe for spit, and that dries
up pretty fast.) Should be available at any hardware store.

Good to have around for things which need a little added slipperiness,
like a sliding window which is a little too tight.

HTH,

Jeff

Nightstar

Ok, I've tried the silicone spray on the door, both sides, and no change in
the squeak. This is really strange because, like I said, it was fine in the
morning and when I came home there was the squeak.

Is it difficult to remove a dishwasher door? And if I did, what would I
look for to fix this problem?

Thanks, all!

PS. It's a KitchenAid, model # KUD101ILWH0

Nightstar wrote:

Hi,

I have a fairly new KitchenAid dishwasher and the door developed a bad
squeak all of a sudden. This morning I opened the door to finish
dishwasher then left for work. I opened the dishwasher door this
evening, and there is now a horrible squeak.

I did have a contractor and his workers here today doing lots of
sanding on the ceilings, which produced a LOT of fine, white, powdery
dust. Could this have affected the dishwasher door? I tried using
compressed air on the hinges, but that didn't seem to help.

Any suggestions on how to remedy this?

Thanks in advance for your opinions/suggestions.

Oscar_Lives

"Nightstar" wrote in message
m...
Ok, I've tried the silicone spray on the door, both sides, and no change
in
the squeak. This is really strange because, like I said, it was fine in
the
morning and when I came home there was the squeak.

Is it difficult to remove a dishwasher door? And if I did, what would I
look for to fix this problem?

Thanks, all!

PS. It's a KitchenAid, model # KUD101ILWH0

Quit dicking around and pull that ****er out of the cabinet and find out
what is making the noise and lubricate it properly. You are only
pussyfooting around with WD40 and silicone spray from the outside.

GIT ER DONE.

Nightstar

Now, why didn't I think of that?!?

Don't you think if I knew how to do that, I wouldn't be on this newsgroup
asking this question in the first place? I would have already pulled the
f***er out and fixed it.

But, thanks anyway.

"Oscar_Lives" wrote in message

m...