curious

Default whirlpool refrigerator vent iced up

Hello,
We have a whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator.
The top vent that sends air from freezer to
refrigerator section shows ice particles in the
refrigerator vent (top vent).

The milk has spoiled already. The frig is a little
over a year old, but we don't have the service contract.
Some vegetables also appear not be cooled enough.

Can anyone offer some advice to correct this
problem? THank you very much!
Edwin Pawlowski

"curious" wrote in message
Hello,
We have a whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator.
The top vent that sends air from freezer to
refrigerator section shows ice particles in the
refrigerator vent (top vent).

The milk has spoiled already. The frig is a little
over a year old, but we don't have the service contract.
Some vegetables also appear not be cooled enough.

Can anyone offer some advice to correct this
problem? THank you very much!

There is a fan that moves air between the two compartments. If the fan
dies, so does the fridge, but the freezer will still be cold. Check it out;

Also check out www.repairclinic.com

TURTLE

"curious" wrote in message
Hello,
We have a whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator.
The top vent that sends air from freezer to
refrigerator section shows ice particles in the
refrigerator vent (top vent).

The milk has spoiled already. The frig is a little
over a year old, but we don't have the service contract.
Some vegetables also appear not be cooled enough.

Can anyone offer some advice to correct this
problem? THank you very much!

This is Turtle.

Sound like you have a evaperator coil icing up on you. If it is under 1 year old
call the manufactor to fix it for nothing. If over a year old it's your repair
to make.

If your going to do it yourself go to www.repairclinic.com like Edwin said.

If your going to call for service by a refrigerator service company. Your
looking at changing the defrost terminator, defrost heating element , Defrost
timer, or even maybe a evaperator fan or blade. The bad compressor, low on freon
, and thermostat hanging up does not come into play here.

TURTLE

jeff

(curious) wrote in message m...

Hi,

Hello,
We have a whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator.

Model#?
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

The top vent that sends air from freezer to
refrigerator section shows ice particles in the
refrigerator vent (top vent).

The milk has spoiled already. The frig is a little
over a year old, but we don't have the service contract.
Some vegetables also appear not be cooled enough.

WLP has had problems with the motorized vent door called a diffuser,
it may need to be replaced.

Can anyone offer some advice to correct this
problem? THank you very much!

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/
Stormin Mormon

Sounds like defrost failure. Call the repairman.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus