I-zheet M'drurz

Default Is this water heater safe?

wrote:

A few months ago we lost the lectric water heater in our
trailer house. It just died. Last month we took out a loan
and went to Home Depo and bought a new one.

(snip)
I left it in the box and its laying in the side, just the
way they stuck it in the truck at home depo, cept I cut the
top off the box.

Should I turn it on?

Oh man, how can you be so-o-o-o-o-o stoopid??

Where is ya gonna plug in your Christmas lights?

--
So if you meet me, have some courtesy,
have some sympathy, and some taste.
toller

I only read the first part, but expect is just gets dumber.
Why?

Joe Fabeitz

I guess u know lectrical wires reversed get you cold water (and ice if you
leave her on to long). Be kareful.
"rednelb" wrote in message
you guys want this guy to kill himself..... Make sure your you don't have
your "lectrical" wires reversed.

"Steve B." this is not my real [email protected] wrote in message
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:39:36 -0500, wrote:

Should I turn it on?

Redneck69

Official Member of the National Demo Derby Association

Of course you should turn it on. Just get nekkid and you and the
coon dog get up there in the truck with it . Pat it and rub it and
whisper sweet nothings in the emergency pressure release valve and
it'll get hotter than a fat girl picking blackberrys in July.

Steve B.

TURTLE

wrote in message
A few months ago we lost the lectric water heater in our trailer
house. It just died. Last month we took out a loan and went to Home
Depo and bought a new one. When I parked the pickup out front, the
engine blew up. I guess the water heater was too heavy for it. Last
night I drunk some beer and the ol lady started bitchin she wanted a
hot bath. So, I went outside an hooked up the water heater. The only
problem is my back hurts and I coundnt carry the old heater outside
with all that water in it.

What I did just leave the heater in the box on the pickup truck, since
the truck wont be driven anymore. I screwed some old faucets on the
pipes on the new heater. I ran a garden hose from my house spigot to
the pipe that says COLD on the heater. Then I ran another hose from
the pipe that says HOT into the bedroom window and in the water heater
closet and hooked the hose to the spigot on the bottom of the old
water heater using ductape to be sure it dont leak.

With all the water hooked up, I had to get lectric into the bugger. I
cut the cord off an old lamp and hooked it to the wires on the heater.
Then I plugged 3 extension cords together and plugged it into the
little bulb screw in outlet thingie on the porch. Thats where we had
our christmas lights plugged in from last christmas.

Everything seems ot be hooked up ok, but I didnt turn on the light
switch or the water spigot yet. I got to be sure everything is safe,
and my naybor said the water heater is supposed to be standing up, and
taken out of the box. I left it in the box and its laying in the
side, just the way they stuck it in the truck at home depo, cept I cut
the top off the box.

Should I turn it on?

Redneck69

Official Member of the National Demo Derby Association

This is Turtle.

Everything seems to be good but you need to set the controls on it to about
180ºF on the bottom thermostat and 215ºF for the top thermostat. If you use
these temp.s you won't have to boil water to skin the hogs in the fall and get
the hair off the hide to make cracklings. Just use your Barlow knife and a water
hose off the tank.

TURTLE

pray4surf

wrote in message
Snip tall tale..
: With all the water hooked up, I had to get lectric into the bugger. I
: cut the cord off an old lamp and hooked it to the wires on the heater.
: Then I plugged 3 extension cords together and plugged it into the
: little bulb screw in outlet thingie on the porch. Thats where we had
: our christmas lights plugged in from last christmas.

Here is where the OP slips up, no self-respecting redneck would have taken
down the Xmas lights...

Rick

[...]

i bet you could put up a sign in the trailer park and get people to pay
for the hot water.. show them how to shower and bathe and make some
extra change.... it sounds like you got it made with the heater.....
sorry to hear about the old truck.. you could always take some old
matresses and some wood crates and make a camper back for the hot water
heater and use it for a portable shower... might be able to get a new
engine out the neighbors old chevy thats sitting on blocks in front of
the trailer next door.. the one with the blue and red plastic milk cases
sitting on the hood..... if that engine is any good push the old chevy
and your truck to the neighbor on the other side and use their old swing
set to pull the engines and set up your new engine in the old truck....
then put the engine from the truck into the old chevy and push it back
and put it back on the blocks... you dont want to mess up the
neighborhood.... hope this helps.
Oscar_Lives

wrote in message
[...]

You are silly. You already have an old truck. Just run the garden hose to
the heater hose on the truck engine. When you need to take a shower, just
fire up the truck and let 'er run for a while. You'll get plenty of hot
water.

I use my truck for hot water and the jacked up rear wheel for the sawmill.