Les

Default Bathroom TIle Grout - How to make color the same?

My bathroom tile is 20 yrs old and the grout has darkened over the years. I
just had about 5 % of the tiles re-grouted and the grout is white and
naturally is different than the original grout. Any suggestions how to make
them all look more alike - whiten the old grout or "dirty up" the new grout?
If I should try to whiten up the old grout, what products work best? (my
son-in-law said he read that the new Clorox pen is pretty good for the job).

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Have a great day, except you spammers
To email, remove the obvious

Jennifer

"Les" wrote in message ...
My bathroom tile is 20 yrs old and the grout has darkened over the years. I
just had about 5 % of the tiles re-grouted and the grout is white and
naturally is different than the original grout. Any suggestions how to make
them all look more alike - whiten the old grout or "dirty up" the new grout?
If I should try to whiten up the old grout, what products work best? (my
son-in-law said he read that the new Clorox pen is pretty good for the job).

(Pardon the copy/paste from an earlier post

You can use grout colorant to change the color of your grout. It
applies like paint, so it completely covers the existing surface, and
acts as a sealant, as well.

I used AquaMix's grout colorant and sealant
(http://www.aquamix.com/gc.htm) on my grout about a year ago, and
while it was a little tedious to apply, it really looks great. It
comes with a kind of toothbrush applicator, but I found that a small
angled paintbrush from the local craft store worked a lot better.

If you call their customer service, they will send you a free color
sample chart, too.

Good luck!

--
Jennifer
JoKing

I was watching "House Doctor" (love that show) the other day and they used a
":grout pen". It is the same as the grout colourant mentioned, but came in
an applicator that looked like a fat felt pen and put on an really even
line.

"Jennifer" wrote in message
om...