Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need one hand operation electric can opener

Hi All,

Sister broke her arm pretty bad. She need a one handed
electric (not battery) can opener. Google is failing me.

You guys have any suggestions?

Many thanks,
-T
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/14/2019 9:51 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

Sister broke her arm pretty bad.Â* She need a one handed
electric (not battery) can opener.Â* Google is failing me.

You guys have any suggestions?

Many thanks,
-T

Not electric, but she can exercise her grip with this one.

https://www.amazon.com/Chefn-EzSquee.../dp/B002XUUSFC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUc4Hon0yL0

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 14 May 2019 18:51:15 -0700, T wrote:

Hi All,

Sister broke her arm pretty bad. She need a one handed
electric (not battery) can opener. Google is failing me.
You guys have any suggestions?
Many thanks,
-T

A one-handed plug-in electric can opener ?

Left-handed or right-handed ?

110 volt AC or 250 volt ?

.... sooo very many questions ..

Need it be sustainably sourced as well ?

John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/14/2019 9:51 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

Sister broke her arm pretty bad.Â* She need a one handed
electric (not battery) can opener.Â* Google is failing me.

You guys have any suggestions?

Many thanks,
-T

An electric/battery operated unit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo4b__YNmUg

https://www.marthastewart.com/shop/h...a242c117d.html

British unit.

https://www.actionforme.org.uk/shop-...in-opener.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

"T" wrote in message ...
Hi All,

Sister broke her arm pretty bad. She need a one handed
electric (not battery) can opener. Google is failing me.

You guys have any suggestions?

There's plenty that go on the wall but they arent cheap.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/14/19 7:16 PM, Meanie wrote:
On 5/14/2019 9:51 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

Sister broke her arm pretty bad.Â* She need a one handed
electric (not battery) can opener.Â* Google is failing me.

You guys have any suggestions?

Many thanks,
-T

Not electric, but she can exercise her grip with this one.

https://www.amazon.com/Chefn-EzSquee.../dp/B002XUUSFC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUc4Hon0yL0

Right arm broken. 13 pins

She only has limited us of her left hand at the moment.
She would not be able to run a ratchet.

Thank you anyway!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/14/19 7:34 PM, billj wrote:

"T" wrote in message ...
Hi All,

Sister broke her arm pretty bad.Â* She need a one handed
electric (not battery) can opener.Â* Google is failing me.

You guys have any suggestions?

There's plenty that go on the wall but they arent cheap.

One hand to hold the can in place. The other hand to snap the level down.

:'(

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 14 May 2019 21:01:01 -0700, T wrote:

Sister broke her arm pretty bad.* She need a one handed
electric (not battery) can opener.* Google is failing me.

You guys have any suggestions?

There's plenty that go on the wall but they arent cheap.

One hand to hold the can in place. The other hand to snap the level down.

:'(

I'm inclined to believe that "billj" will auto-contradict again or even
start a lengthy quarrel because of what you just said! LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/14/19 8:51 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

Sister broke her arm pretty bad.Â* She need a one handed
electric (not battery) can opener.Â* Google is failing me.

You guys have any suggestions?

Many thanks,
-T

A couple here supposedly hands free:
https://www.rakuten.com/shop/search/one%20hand%20can%20opener/

"handicapped can opener" was the search term I used.