Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Glue for replacing mobile phone protective glass

I was given a mobile phone, my first smartphone, with a case and a
protective glass plate on top of the screen which got water under it so I
carefully peeled the glass protective plate off.

The "glue" is only on the top and bottom of the 6 inch long phone.

What glue is it?
When I removed the protective glass using my fingernail to peel it off
gently, I let it dry which solved the water under the glass problem (and
the water inside the protective glass made a fog like that inside of a
double pane window that cleared up after leaving the glass in the sun for a
day).

The glue is no longer sticky at the top and bottom
What glue can I use to put the glass back on and have it stay on normally?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 18:15:05 -0600, Sardox wrote:

What glue can I use to put the glass back on and have it stay on normally?

Contact Corning. They make the glass, so axe 'em.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Sardox writes:

I was given a mobile phone, my first smartphone, with a case and a
protective glass plate on top of the screen which got water under it so I
carefully peeled the glass protective plate off.

The "glue" is only on the top and bottom of the 6 inch long phone.

What glue is it?
When I removed the protective glass using my fingernail to peel it off
gently, I let it dry which solved the water under the glass problem (and
the water inside the protective glass made a fog like that inside of a
double pane window that cleared up after leaving the glass in the sun for a
day).

The glue is no longer sticky at the top and bottom
What glue can I use to put the glass back on and have it stay on normally?

I think you need LOCA glue:

https://vkrepair.com/loca-glue/

yep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sf18XBBFKg

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/13/19 7:15 PM, Sardox wrote:
I was given a mobile phone, my first smartphone, with a case and a
protective glass plate on top of the screen which got water under it so I
carefully peeled the glass protective plate off.

The "glue" is only on the top and bottom of the 6 inch long phone.

What glue is it?
When I removed the protective glass using my fingernail to peel it off
gently, I let it dry which solved the water under the glass problem (and
the water inside the protective glass made a fog like that inside of a
double pane window that cleared up after leaving the glass in the sun for a
day).

The glue is no longer sticky at the top and bottom
What glue can I use to put the glass back on and have it stay on normally?

Don't bother with it. Just get a new tempered glass screen protector.
They're only a few bucks on Ebay.

--
Ever notice the shortage of "armed law-abiding citizen€ť victim tragedy
stories in the news?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Wade Garrett posted for all of us...

On 1/13/19 7:15 PM, Sardox wrote:
I was given a mobile phone, my first smartphone, with a case and a
protective glass plate on top of the screen which got water under it so I
carefully peeled the glass protective plate off.

The "glue" is only on the top and bottom of the 6 inch long phone.

What glue is it?
When I removed the protective glass using my fingernail to peel it off
gently, I let it dry which solved the water under the glass problem (and
the water inside the protective glass made a fog like that inside of a
double pane window that cleared up after leaving the glass in the sun for a
day).

The glue is no longer sticky at the top and bottom
What glue can I use to put the glass back on and have it stay on normally?

Don't bother with it. Just get a new tempered glass screen protector.
They're only a few bucks on Ebay.

Plus it will have more wrinkles in it than my face.

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/13/19 7:15 PM, Sardox wrote:
[...]

Tempered glass- hard, no wrinkles.

You may be confusing it with the old style soft plastic screen
protectors...and their main problem was bubbles, not wrinkles. They also
started to peel off after six months of average use.

--
When I had minimum wage jobs, my goal was to better myself€” not to
better the minimum wage.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/13/19 7:15 PM, Sardox wrote:
[...]

Yeah, I put my reply in the wrong place... the wrinkles still apply :~(

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 22:32:21 -0500, Dan Espen wrote:

https://vkrepair.com/loca-glue/

The thin glass is as flat as plate glass.
There are no bubbles. There are no wrinkles. It's smooth as glass.
It definitely has "plastic" sandwiched inside (like a windshield does).

The evidence for the plastic is that it cracked in half and stayed intact.
Also, the water droplets were INSIDE the glass (which cleared in the sun).

So I have a new uncracked screen on order - which solves the glue problem.
The new screen comes "pre glued" with "sticky stuff" (like trim adhesive).

The uv cured Urethane Acrylic glue that Dan Espen suggested seems best.
Meanwhile, I've used "Fixodent" which worked surprisingly well so far.
https://www.authoritydental.org/fixodent-review