Problems with Geothermal Heat Pump Systems

Old July 28th 04, 03:53 AM
David Alexander

Default Problems with Geothermal Heat Pump Systems

Hello to the group,

I would like to hear from anyone who is experiencing premature failure of
coils and compressors in geothermal systems. I've just replaced both the
upstairs and downstairs units with another brand of heat pump because of
what I consider to be very poor service from the original equipment.

I've been told by Water Furnace management that we can only expect about
five or six years of useful life from the coils and that the problem is
universal among the various brands of geothermal systems. I'd like to see
if that's a common experience with owners of other systems.

If you are an owner and will take the time, I'd like to hear from you about
your experiences, both good and bad.

Thanks,

David Alexander

Old July 28th 04, 05:37 AM
PrecisionMachinisT

"David Alexander" wrote in message
Hello to the group,

I would like to hear from anyone who is experiencing premature failure of
coils and compressors in geothermal systems. I've just replaced both the
upstairs and downstairs units with another brand of heat pump because of
what I consider to be very poor service from the original equipment.

I've been told by Water Furnace management that we can only expect about
five or six years of useful life from the coils and that the problem is
universal among the various brands of geothermal systems. I'd like to see
if that's a common experience with owners of other systems.

If you are an owner and will take the time, I'd like to hear from you

about
your experiences, both good and bad.

Thanks,

David Alexander

I have a 1996 vintage FHP water source system that is running fine........

What does it being geothermal have to do with any of this ???

--

SVL