Brandon

Default Replacing autotrol 1550 TC water softener valve...

A friend recently gave me a water softener with an autotrol 1550 TC valve.
I would like to replace it with a metered non-electric valve if possible.
The unit will be outside in AZ weather as the trunk line for the water comes
into my home on the opposite side of the house from the garage.
Suggestions?
Also, is there a way to determine the capacity of a resin tank, there is
nothing on the unit as far as sticker and such.

Thanks

Brandon

"Brandon" wrote in message
A friend recently gave me a water softener with an autotrol 1550 TC valve.
I would like to replace it with a metered non-electric valve if possible.
The unit will be outside in AZ weather as the trunk line for the water

comes
into my home on the opposite side of the house from the garage.
Suggestions?
Also, is there a way to determine the capacity of a resin tank, there is
nothing on the unit as far as sticker and such.

Thanks

Just to clarify, I want a demand regeneration valve, not one that requires
"setting". Perhaps metered was the incorrect word.

Thanks

Gary Slusser

"Brandon" wrote in message
A friend recently gave me a water softener with an autotrol 1550 TC valve.
I would like to replace it with a metered non-electric valve if possible.
The unit will be outside in AZ weather as the trunk line for the water

comes
into my home on the opposite side of the house from the garage.
Suggestions?
Also, is there a way to determine the capacity of a resin tank, there is
nothing on the unit as far as sticker and such.

Thanks

The only non-electric control valve that is metered and automatic is form
Kinetico but... I have many control valves that are electric and have sealed
covers meant for outside use. And I would suggest them over non-electric for
a number of reasons in addition to the price of the control.

I can tell you the volume of resin the tank can hold if you tell me how tall
the tank is and the diameter. I would also need to know what type tank; very
flat and smooth plastic or plastic but stranded fiberglass.

Gary
Quality Water Associates
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Bulletin Board www.qualitywaterassociates.com/phpBB2

Gary Slusser

"Brandon" wrote in message

"Brandon" wrote in message
A friend recently gave me a water softener with an autotrol 1550 TC

valve.
I would like to replace it with a metered non-electric valve if

possible.
The unit will be outside in AZ weather as the trunk line for the water

comes
into my home on the opposite side of the house from the garage.
Suggestions?
Also, is there a way to determine the capacity of a resin tank, there is
nothing on the unit as far as sticker and such.

Thanks

Just to clarify, I want a demand regeneration valve, not one that requires
"setting". Perhaps metered was the incorrect word.

Thanks

Metered and demand are one in the same.

Gary
Quality Water Associates
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Bulletin Board www.qualitywaterassociates.com/phpBB2

Brandon

The only non-electric control valve that is metered and automatic is form
Kinetico but... I have many control valves that are electric and have

sealed
covers meant for outside use. And I would suggest them over non-electric

for
a number of reasons in addition to the price of the control.

I can tell you the volume of resin the tank can hold if you tell me how

tall
the tank is and the diameter. I would also need to know what type tank;

very
flat and smooth plastic or plastic but stranded fiberglass.

Gary
Quality Water Associates
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Bulletin Board www.qualitywaterassociates.com/phpBB2

The unit is a 1 piece system with the resin tank enclosed in the brine tank.
Because the tank is confined within the brine tank, I got as accurate of
measurements as possible as it sits in the back of my truck.
The tank appears to be 37 inches tall with a diameter of 11 inches. It is
stranded fiberglass.

I appreciate the input on the control valve so far as the non electric.
What valve do you recommend for this resin tank?

Thanks again
Brandon

Gary Slusser

"Brandon" wrote in message

[...]

The Clack WS-1 and Fleck 7000 are IMO the best control valves on the market
today. hey both have soft water brine refill and the 7000 has variable
brining and variable reserve. The Clack WS-1 is the easiest to repair and
does not need any special tools as the 2510, 5600, 9000 and 9100 valves
do.And it comes apart in 5 minutes without having to remove it from the
by-pass valve or resin tank for any reason. No other control valve offers
that. Repair parts are the lowest cost of any control valve including big
box store brands.

need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
moving water main valve Cory Lechner Home Repair 12 December 31st 03 01:43 AM
Water Softener Problems Gary Slusser Home Repair 0 July 21st 03 05:18 PM
Kenmore water softener and clear water iron RikC Home Repair 2 July 5th 03 04:38 AM