Bill Cory

Default Toilet not flushing stool properly

I have a main level toilet will not flush properly after a bowel
movement. Any ideas?

http://community.webtv.net/bcory/Mynewhobby

Michael Baugh

Replace it with an American Standard Cadet.

Bill Cory wrote in message
I have a main level toilet will not flush properly after a bowel
movement. Any ideas?

http://community.webtv.net/bcory/Mynewhobby

Joseph Meehan

Bill Cory wrote:
I have a main level toilet will not flush properly after a bowel
movement. Any ideas?

http://community.webtv.net/bcory/Mynewhobby

Has it always been this way or has the problem just come up?

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Joseph Meehan

Michael Baugh wrote:
Replace it with an American Standard Cadet.

Good advice if what he has is not malfunctioning and can be fixed.

The American Standard Cadet line (really two different lines and a
number of different styles) seems to perform very well, and is universally
liked.

Bill Cory wrote in message
I have a main level toilet will not flush properly after a bowel
movement. Any ideas?

http://community.webtv.net/bcory/Mynewhobby

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Michael Baugh

Should we tell about 'disinfectants'? Or just aim him towards Toiletology
101? Shucks, let's let him get the basics first, at
http://www.toiletology.com/index.shtml

Bill Cory wrote in message
I have a main level toilet will not flush properly after a bowel
movement. Any ideas?

Chuck Yerkes

Bill Cory wrote:
I have a main level toilet will not flush properly after a bowel
movement. Any ideas?

Not much without any knowledge of what KIND of toilet it is.

Or just increase the amount of figs, and raisins and prunes
in your diet.

Is the toilet not dropping the usual amount of water into
the bowl? is it pressure toilet? what?
Dan Hartung

Bill Cory wrote:
I have a main level toilet will not flush properly after a bowel
movement. Any ideas?

Well, it's basically water flow. You either need to increase the amount
going out, which means solving a clog problem, or you need to increase
the amount going in, which means messing around with the flapper or the
water level or (rarely) the holes under the rim where the water comes out.

Also, many modern low-flow toilets require you to HOLD DOWN the flush
lever while you get rid of #2. (This prevents the flapper from closing
too early.) It's surprising how few people seem to know this. The idea
is that for most jobs (i.e. #1) the normal amount of flush water
provided by just hitting the lever is sufficient, but for "big jobs" you
need the extra boost so hold it down.

Finally, some toilets just can't handle the biggest jobs. Our downstairs
toilet can't handle #2 most of the time, so it's best to flush after the
deposit and then again after the wipe.

Tekkie

Joseph Meehan posted for all of us....

Bill Cory wrote:
I have a main level toilet will not flush properly after a bowel
movement. Any ideas?

http://community.webtv.net/bcory/Mynewhobby

Has it always been this way or has the problem just come up?

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Or in his case not gone down.....
--
Tekkie
Chip Stein

Dan Hartung wrote in message ...
Bill Cory wrote:
I have a main level toilet will not flush properly after a bowel
movement. Any ideas?

here's a great story for you... when i was a kid my grandparents
moved to a new house, every time i took a crap there the toilet
overflowed. they fed me metamucil by the pound hoping to correct the
problem. come to find out it started happening to them when i wasn't
there. A plumber was finally called only to find out the styrofoam
packing ring was still installed in the base!!! Hell of a way to go
through childhood!!!
Chip
RICARDO AQUINO

Look at the bottom of the bowl you will see a inlet hole about 3/4 in
diameter. This is the where the majority of the flushing power comes from
(not the holes under the rim which is just serve to rinse the sides). This
hole can clog from calcium buildup. Grap a bunch of pipe cleaners and run
it through the hole a few times to remove some of the calcium and your turds
will be gone.

Bill Cory wrote:
[...]

Bill Cory

Default Toilet not flushing stool properly (additional info)

Chip,

Aren't grandparents great, especially now that I have become one.

The problem started about 2 weeks ago and it is definitely a water
supply problem.
I recently lost both legs so it is tough for me to play with it to find
the problem. The tank is filling properly and I do hold the handle
down. I am on vicoden for pain which causes a hard stool. Looking for
solutions the wife can handle before I call a plumber. All answers and
help have been appreciated.

P.S.
The house is 20 years old so it is a 6 gallon tank.

http://community.webtv.net/bcory/Mynewhobby

Stormin Mormon

You can cure a whole lot of problems with a Ridgid #3 Closet
Auger. They are about $25 from Home Depot, and worth every
penny. Instructions on package, or ask the guy in the aisle.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Bill Cory wrote in message
Chip,

Aren't grandparents great, especially now that I have

become one.

The problem started about 2 weeks ago and it is definitely

a water
supply problem.
I recently lost both legs so it is tough for me to play

with it to find
the problem. The tank is filling properly and I do hold

the handle
down. I am on vicoden for pain which causes a hard stool.

Looking for
solutions the wife can handle before I call a plumber.

All answers and
help have been appreciated.

P.S.
The house is 20 years old so it is a 6 gallon tank.

http://community.webtv.net/bcory/Mynewhobby

HVAC fella

'I have a main level toilet will not flush properly after a bowel
movement. Any ideas?'

ME: Take some Exlax twice per week.

Have you hugged your A/C Tech today ?

David Combs

Or another problem, via this analogy:

Crowded theater, fire starts, everyone runs for the
fire-exit at the same time, and within a few seconds,
all flow has stopped:

Turns out that two really-fat guys happened
to have their right near the door, so they were the
first to get to the fire-exit door -- they hit the
door at the same time, wedge together trying to
get through it, and *no one* gets out of the building!

One solution: keep around a water container, eg a coffee-can,
fill it from the sink or bath, and at exactly the same instant
the fire-alarm goes off (flush-lever is pushed), dump the
whole can-full of water just in front of the exit-door:

that blasts the two fat-guys (all guys & gals, in fact)
out away from the door, out into the room, so that
the people, both fat and thin, will hit the doorway
one at a time, and *everyone* can escape.

David