WHoME?

Default acid stain concrete

i'd love to learn how to do this for my own house (small bathrooms). does anyone have any experience in this? i've seen a few do it yourself books / tapes on the internet, but wonder if it's something that i should only let a professional do? i've seen it in a few homes and really like it a lot.
m Ransley

what is acid stain concrete

WHoME?

what is acid stain concrete

http://www.fabcrete.com/Acid%20concr...in.html#stoup2

Perry Templeton

It's hard work, but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to do it. My
husband and I did our house (2 br, 1200sq. ft.) and it is the icing on the
cake. We scored lines and made it look like patterned stone or large tiles.
It's tedious, hard work, but do-able.
Perry
"WHoME?" wrote in message

what is acid stain concrete

http://www.fabcrete.com/Acid%20concr...in.html#stoup2

m Ransley

It looks great .

WHoME?

It's hard work, but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to do it. My
husband and I did our house (2 br, 1200sq. ft.) and it is the icing on the
cake. We scored lines and made it look like patterned stone or large

tiles.
It's tedious, hard work, but do-able.
Perry

how did you learn how to do it?

m Ransley

Im sure its something you could do, the Co will guide you. It looks like
a good product.

PJx

Please post some pictures and tell us which product you used.

Pj

"WHoME?" wrote in message

what is acid stain concrete

http://www.fabcrete.com/Acid%20concr...in.html#stoup2

MC

We used Kemico product on our big front pourch, was going to tile but
decided to stain due to cost of tiling. Besides smal cracks in tile look not
so good, Small cracks in stained concrete look as if part of the design.
Looks natural. I tried using a stain product that was nothing more than
paint stain for concrete on another project, showed worn places after a
while and other problems.

Using the acid stain, applying with a pump sprayer lightly, checking stain
darknes and applying more after couple of days if not dark enough. Then used
an approriate solvent based sealer for the outside, hold up great. (if using
indoors in a non wet environement use a non solvent based sealer should be
OK and not have the fumes)
I used a used cleaned paint roller I saved, lined a paint tray with foil
very tightly. rolled on two coats of sealer (used the gloss) looks great.
After finished, removed the roller took up the foil carefully and wrapped
the roller with and disposed of, no messed up tray.

Need to wait at least around 45 days for new concrete
Do not use on concrete that has slag waste (or whatever they call it) added
as a filler (came accross this once). Will react with stain and may not
produce desired results, can go completely black no matter what the color
used.
Do not acid wash the concrete to clean, the acid stain works by reaction
from the compounds in the acid stain with compounds in the concrete to
produce the spcified color, Acid washing reduces or eliminates the ability
of the acid stain to color the concrete. We had acid washed our pourch once
before but very lightly so we were able to get it to work.
Another thing we made a mistake on our first try, Seemed to be too light so
put more stain on, after selaing turn a lot darker but was still OK but was
a lot darker.
Also the stain is not going to go on solid, will vary with a marbiling
effect, will depend on the concrete being applied to and can produce
different patterens and color differences for each different concrete
applied to creating sometimes unpredictable results but all I have seen are
very good. It is this effect that resembles more natural stone appearance
that is desired with this type of stain.
Also do not be alarmed if the color of the stain is green and use wanted
black, color of stain does not indicate color when reacting with the
concrete.

Kemico had paper on applying and also had a vedio tape, did not get the tape
and still did OK. good info on their web site also.

Hope that all helps.

We are planning on using this on our new patio going in, creating a dimond
cross hatch groved patteren with about an 8 inch border. Border will be
black stained, Blocks will alternate tan and cola stain colors (not sure if
exat name of the colors)

Also going to use on a concrete retaining wall, several concrete scultpures
we got for our patio including concrete planters (after staining then
appying the sealer will help better seal against water damage (several
coats) At least I hope so.

Darn, Spell checker not working, sorry.

"WHoME?" wrote in message

what is acid stain concrete

http://www.fabcrete.com/Acid%20concr...in.html#stoup2

Salt and vinegar for rust removal Paul O. Woodworking 89 May 21st 04 09:20 PM
Acid vs. concrete. Cafe1 Home Repair 17 May 13th 04 02:39 AM
Electropolishing recipes, version two Carl Ijames Metalworking 3 April 19th 04 01:25 AM
whats the diff between hss and tool steel Damned if i know Metalworking 4 March 24th 04 05:04 AM