Dan

Default DryLok over Asbestos Tile? (or how to waterproof over asbestos tile)

Hi.

I have water seepage spots in my basement floor after very heavy
rains. The spots are in the middle of the floor. The floor is covered
with 9 inch asbestos tile.

I want to waterproof the floor and put down vinyl tile.

Can I apply DryLok Masonry Waterproofer over the Asbestos Tile? How
about RadonSeal?

Any thoughts on how I can waterproof the basement floor without
removing the Asbestos tiles?

Thanks!

Dan
m Ransley

Default DryLok over Asbestos Tile? (or how to waterproof overasbestos...

Drylock isn`t for floors and would not work if it was. Take up the
floor seal the cracks, re direct outside water with grading , be sure
gutters move water away . Put in a french drain and a sump pump and
maybe after that it will be dry, maybe you have to high a water table.

Joseph Meehan

Dan wrote:
Hi.

I have water seepage spots in my basement floor after very heavy
rains. The spots are in the middle of the floor. The floor is covered
with 9 inch asbestos tile.

I want to waterproof the floor and put down vinyl tile.

Can I apply DryLok Masonry Waterproofer over the Asbestos Tile? How
about RadonSeal?

Any thoughts on how I can waterproof the basement floor without
removing the Asbestos tiles?

Thanks!

Dan

Sure you could do it, but it would not stop your problem. DryLok hardly
works on walls and it sure is not going to work on the floor, especially
over the tile.

You need to address the water problem. First step is no in the
basement, but outside. Make sure all the ground and walks and drives around
you home slope away from the foundation for at least 15 feet. Make sure all
the downspouts are directed away from that zone as well. That may do it.
If not then it means digging down to the footer and adding a drain around
your home to get rid of the water. Be sure to take the time to
re-waterproof the walls - on the OUTSIDE at the same time.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

SQLit

"Dan" wrote in message
om...
Hi.

I have water seepage spots in my basement floor after very heavy
rains. The spots are in the middle of the floor. The floor is covered
with 9 inch asbestos tile.

I want to waterproof the floor and put down vinyl tile.

Can I apply DryLok Masonry Waterproofer over the Asbestos Tile? How
about RadonSeal?

RadonSeal? Your joking right? Radon is a gas and if in large enough volumes
needs expert mitigation.

As the others have said fix the problem on the outside. Standing with you
finger in the dike is a fairy tale.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hi Dan,

I have the exact same issue only when it rains heavily and I have asbestos tile on the basement floor. And there is little water seepage from the floor due to groundwater.

How did you handle your problem?
Did you implement any sealer on the floor?

Please update,

Thanks
zafr

On Wednesday, July 7, 2004 at 9:41:56 AM UTC-4, Dan wrote:
Hi.

I have water seepage spots in my basement floor after very heavy
rains. The spots are in the middle of the floor. The floor is covered
with 9 inch asbestos tile.

I want to waterproof the floor and put down vinyl tile.

Can I apply DryLok Masonry Waterproofer over the Asbestos Tile? How
about RadonSeal?

Any thoughts on how I can waterproof the basement floor without
removing the Asbestos tiles?

Thanks!

Dan

PlasPlugs tile cutter?? What a load of pants Ben UK diy 24 April 30th 04 09:54 AM
Is all tile grout waterproof? Mike Hall UK diy 6 March 24th 04 10:06 AM
Florida Tile LD Home Repair 16 March 2nd 04 11:52 PM
Tile Indentation & Cracking, Installer, and the Attorney General Ben Home Repair 8 July 18th 03 02:25 PM