DickB

Default septic

I have a 30+ septic system. The tank is cement and I'm trying to find
the first distrbution box..I have a hand drawing from the builder but
wonder if it is correct..I am wondering if the output from the tank is
always opposite the input
line? I am assuming that the inflow line goes into the 'back' of the
tank and not the side. If it does go in the side then the drawing
could be correct unless some tanks outflow can be on the side and not
opposite ends..The drawing also shows 3 distribution boxes..Is the
pipe to the first box usually solid?
Thoughts?
Pop Rivet

"DickB" wrote in message
om...
I have a 30+ septic system. The tank is cement and I'm

trying to find
the first distrbution box..I have a hand drawing from the

builder but
wonder if it is correct..I am wondering if the output from

the tank is
always opposite the input
line? I am assuming that the inflow line goes into the

'back' of the
tank and not the side. If it does go in the side then the

drawing
could be correct unless some tanks outflow can be on the

side and not
opposite ends..The drawing also shows 3 distribution

boxes..Is the
pipe to the first box usually solid?
Thoughts?

Is the pipe to the first box usually solid? Do you mean
from the house to the system? Yes, certainly, but I must
misunderstand because I'd think you'd find that pretty
obvious.

Anyway, we have a similar setup and the pipe goes into the
back of it from the house, it overflows through solid pipes
into the next chamber, and goes out to the leech field. The
third compartment on ours is for the kitchen sink; really
just sort of a leech field; and a smaller pipe goes into
that hcamber. The exit toward the leech field comes out of
the middle chamber opposite the side the input's on.

Lots of stuff on the 'net - have you tried Google for
pictures?

Pop