Buck Turgidson

Default Digital Thermostat for Heat Pump

I want to replace the thermosat in my mother's house, which has a heat pump.
The thermostats at Home Depot either say for "single-stage" or "multi-stage"
heat pumps. How do I know which heat pump she has?

It is a Bryant split-system # 541B/SHP, if that means anything to anyone.

Thanks.

CBHVAC

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
I want to replace the thermosat in my mother's house, which has a heat

pump.
The thermostats at Home Depot either say for "single-stage" or

"multi-stage"
heat pumps. How do I know which heat pump she has?

ALL heat pumps have the option of 2 stages of heat...
no one here can tell you what she has....but get the multi stage stat....and
remember, Home Depot wont take it back if you fry it..
EXCHANGE it yes...refund it no..

If you care about your mom, you wont buy her a Lux, or a Hunter or that
cheap ass Chinese crap they have now...
Honeywell..you will get her...

It is a Bryant split-system # 541B/SHP, if that means anything to anyone.

Nope..other than its older Carrier owned stuff.

Thanks.

Tekkie

Buck Turgidson posted for all of us....

I want to replace the thermosat in my mother's house, which has a heat pump.
The thermostats at Home Depot either say for "single-stage" or "multi-stage"
heat pumps. How do I know which heat pump she has?

It is a Bryant split-system # 541B/SHP, if that means anything to anyone.

Thanks.

I'm gonna look at it another way; search Google and look up all the posts that
say: I put on a new thermostat and now it doesn't work/heat/cool/let the smoke
out... Now the present system could be wired to a standard or not. Another
Google search will illustrate this. A good Honeywell stat from a reputable co
that services it now will make both of you happy. Mom won't be hot and
suffering because something is screwed up on a busy day for the service co.
It only costs a few bux more to go first class. But then again that's me.

All you have to do is misconnect one wire and $$$$. Then again we don't know
your abilities.

Have a guilt trip yet? Not my intention. Turtle & CBHVAC and select others
really know their stuff. I am not in HVAC.
--
Tekkie