Grundfos vs. Taco pumps for boiler

Old June 22nd 04, 02:45 PM
L. M. Rappaport

Default Grundfos vs. Taco pumps for boiler

We have a Buderus Logano 215 boiler with Logalux ST hot water heater
in a large home. There are three radiant and twelve baseboard zones.
The valves are all Taco as are the pumps. (there is a main circulator
pump, one for the hot water, plus three for the radiant zones) The
system works fine, but the main circulator pump makes an awful hum.
The heating contractor says I have to live with it, but I don't want
to. Several folks here said that Grundfos makes a quieter pump, but
the contractor says they are not as reliable as Taco.

Are there any experts here who can help? Thank you.
--

Larry
Email to rapp at lmr dot com
Old June 22nd 04, 05:55 PM
SQLit

"L. M. Rappaport" wrote in message
news
We have a Buderus Logano 215 boiler with Logalux ST hot water heater
in a large home. There are three radiant and twelve baseboard zones.
The valves are all Taco as are the pumps. (there is a main circulator
pump, one for the hot water, plus three for the radiant zones) The
system works fine, but the main circulator pump makes an awful hum.
The heating contractor says I have to live with it, but I don't want
to. Several folks here said that Grundfos makes a quieter pump, but
the contractor says they are not as reliable as Taco.

Are there any experts here who can help? Thank you.
--

Larry
Email to rapp at lmr dot com

I used grunfos for my old solar system. pretty quiet. As long as you match
the volume and head pressure who cares which pump you use. Amps should be
close maybe a little less if you match the rest.

Old June 23rd 04, 04:22 AM
Edwin Pawlowski

"L. M. Rappaport" wrote in message
The
system works fine, but the main circulator pump makes an awful hum.
The heating contractor says I have to live with it, but I don't want
to. Several folks here said that Grundfos makes a quieter pump, but
the contractor says they are not as reliable as Taco.

Are there any experts here who can help? Thank you.
--

I'm not an expert, but I do have a little experiences. My house had two
grundfos pumps. One died after 23 years. Replaced it with a Taco because

One lasted 23 years, the other is still going after 26 years. Sounds
reliable to me.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

pumps Allan Adler Metalworking 2 December 24th 03 05:54 PM
faceplates and vacuum pumps william_b_noble Woodturning 0 October 19th 03 07:24 PM
vacuum pumps and inexpensive faceplates william_b_noble Woodturning 1 September 4th 03 09:43 PM