Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Police drag passenger from United Airlines plane

One snowflake, squealing like a pig, as he is dragged from the plane as other snowflakes sit by and scream "Oh my
God"! That had to be a flight either to or from California.

Maybe the police should have taken the guy who kept saying "I have to go home" with them too.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/539284773...#sp=show-clips
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/10/2017 9:38 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
One snowflake, squealing like a pig, as he is dragged from the plane as other snowflakes sit by and scream "Oh my
God"! That had to be a flight either to or from California.

Maybe the police should have taken the guy who kept saying "I have to go home" with them too.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/539284773...#sp=show-clips

They kicked him (and 3 others) off to make room for a Delta employee.
That seems unfair to me as they were already boarded. .
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/10/2017 9:38 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
One snowflake, squealing like a pig, as he is dragged from the plane as other snowflakes sit by and scream "Oh my
God"! That had to be a flight either to or from California.

Maybe the police should have taken the guy who kept saying "I have to go home" with them too.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/539284773...#sp=show-clips

It was an overbook by the airlines. They asked for volunteers and
offered an $800 voucher to stay over night and catch a flight the next
day. Nobody volunteered. Therefore, they randomly selected 4 people via
algorithm method. A young couple who were asked to leave quietly left.
The man who refused said he is a doctor who has patients he needs to see
in the morning in Louisville, where the flight was headed. His refusal
prompt security who dragged him off. It was pure bull**** by the
airlines and I hope the guy sues them for millions and settles for half
that. He will win.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/10/2017 8:38 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
One snowflake, squealing like a pig, as he is dragged from the plane as other snowflakes sit by and scream "Oh my
God"! That had to be a flight either to or from California.

Maybe the police should have taken the guy who kept saying "I have to go home" with them too.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/539284773...#sp=show-clips

That was the same guy. Shows how effective the Aviation Department
Police are in Chiraq

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 22:04:03 -0400, Meanie wrote:

It was an overbook by the airlines. They asked for volunteers and
offered an $800 voucher to stay over night and catch a flight the next
day. Nobody volunteered. Therefore, they randomly selected 4 people via
algorithm method. A young couple who were asked to leave quietly left.
The man who refused said he is a doctor who has patients he needs to see
in the morning in Louisville, where the flight was headed. His refusal
prompt security who dragged him off. It was pure bull**** by the
airlines and I hope the guy sues them for millions and settles for half
that. He will win.

+1

Sue the family dogs and everybody ever known to allow this **** to
happen. Zealot cops need to know their authority, where it starts and
ends.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 19:55:41 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 22:04:03 -0400, Meanie wrote:

It was an overbook by the airlines. They asked for volunteers and
offered an $800 voucher to stay over night and catch a flight the next
day. Nobody volunteered. Therefore, they randomly selected 4 people via
algorithm method. A young couple who were asked to leave quietly left.
The man who refused said he is a doctor who has patients he needs to see
in the morning in Louisville, where the flight was headed. His refusal
prompt security who dragged him off. It was pure bull**** by the
airlines and I hope the guy sues them for millions and settles for half
that. He will win.

+1

Sue the family dogs and everybody ever known to allow this **** to
happen. Zealot cops need to know their authority, where it starts and
ends.

I bet United will sweeten the pot until someone bites next time.
They used to make better deals until the lobbyists got the law changed
and reduced their liability.
The thing that would have me bartering with the desk agent is the fact
that this was all United's fault. It was their lack of planning that
forced them to board 4 crew members and bump 4 passengers.
It certainly would not be a lousy $800 because my tickets usually cost
more than that.
**************
Print this and keep it in your pocket when you fly (from the DOT web
site)

If the airline arranges substitute transportation that is scheduled to
arrive at your destination between one and two hours after your
original arrival time (between one and four hours on international
flights), the airline must pay you an amount equal to 200% of your
one-way fare to your final destination that day, with a $675 maximum.

If the substitute transportation is scheduled to get you to your
destination more than two hours later (four hours internationally), or
if the airline does not make any substitute travel arrangements for
you, the compensation doubles (400% of your one-way fare, $1350
maximum).
*******************

This would be my starting point. I would want more.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 23:22:42 -0400, wrote:

[...]

I'd kindly tell the cops; before you put your hands on me, you better
know what the **** you are doing.

This **** could get ugly :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/10/2017 7:04 PM, Meanie wrote:
[...]

If it was overbooked, there should have been four people standing up
looking for a seat. Musical Chairs rules should apply.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Airlines overbook every day. It ****es people off.
--
Definition of a camel: A horse designed by a committee
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

If it was overbooked, there should have been four people standing up
looking for a seat. Musical Chairs rules should apply.

Airlines overbook every day. It ****es people off.

People don't show up for flights, so airlines overbook. They play the
statistics game and sometimes there are loosers. Just like in Musical
Chairs.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 21:12:33 -0700, Oren wrote:

[...]

The last thing you ever want to do is start a fight with a cop and
that is doubly true at an airport where every little infraction is a
federal crime.
With something like this, get out your lap top and open an incident
with the airline immediately. Update it frequently and you will have a
good paper trail. You can easily end up with 40,000 points in addition
to whatever you negotiate with the gate agent. Just be respectful but
firm.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote in news:2iloecpv1up2vstf99krjn72j4ouhnf24e@
4ax.com:

I'd kindly tell the cops; before you put your hands on me, you better
know what the **** you are doing.

This **** could get ugly :-)

You be a BAD dude!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 22:04:03 -0400, Meanie wrote:

It was an overbook by the airlines. They asked for volunteers and
offered an $800 voucher to stay over night and catch a flight the
next day. Nobody volunteered. Therefore, they randomly selected 4
people via algorithm method. A young couple who were asked to leave
quietly left. The man who refused said he is a doctor who has
patients he needs to see in the morning in Louisville, where the
flight was headed. His refusal prompt security who dragged him off.
It was pure bull**** by the airlines and I hope the guy sues them
for millions and settles for half that. He will win.

+1

Sue the family dogs and everybody ever known to allow this **** to
happen. Zealot cops need to know their authority, where it starts and
ends.

He has now been suspended!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 9:39:21 PM UTC-4, Gordon Shumway wrote:
One snowflake, squealing like a pig, as he is dragged from the plane as other snowflakes sit by and scream "Oh my
God"! That had to be a flight either to or from California.

Maybe the police should have taken the guy who kept saying "I have to go home" with them too.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/539284773...#sp=show-clips

When I was a child I sent a cop to the hospital for dealing heroin to my classmates. One of them is the daughter of US Department Secretary of Labor.
Then Cook county police drugged and gang raped me. Hillary Clinton was my ACLU rep.
You ****ing US capitalist pigs need to be beaten to death with baseball bats

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 12:12:39 AM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
[...]

It is going to get uglier. I hope to personally beat you to death with a baseball bat. When I was a child I sent a cop to the hospital for dealing heroin to my classmates. One of them is the daughter of US Department Secretary of Labor.
Then Cook county police drugged and gang raped me. Hillary Clinton was my ACLU rep.
You ****ing US capitalist pigs need to be beaten to death with baseball bats
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

If it was overbooked, there should have been four people standing up
looking for a seat. Musical Chairs rules should apply.

Airlines overbook every day. It ****es people off.

Often there are no-shows so I can understand it. I've been bumped but
was well compensated for it and it made little difference in my life.
Arriving a couple of hours later in first class and getting free tickets
is not so bad. In this case though, the guy was already seated on the
plane. Poor planning on the airline.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

If it was overbooked, there should have been four people standing up
looking for a seat. Musical Chairs rules should apply.

Airlines overbook every day. It ****es people off.

People don't show up for flights, so airlines overbook. They play the
statistics game and sometimes there are loosers. Just like in Musical
Chairs.

I heard it was not overbooked but the airline wanted seats for its own
employees to get to their jobs.

Story still developing so we will see how it ends. Guy said he was
important Dr. but who knows if he is telling the truth.

If airline did do it for their own convenience it will cost them a bundle.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Gordon Shumway" wrote in message
One snowflake, squealing like a pig, as he is dragged from the plane as
other snowflakes sit by and scream "Oh my
God"! That had to be a flight either to or from California.

Maybe the police should have taken the guy who kept saying "I have to go
home" with them too.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/539284773...#sp=show-clips

A tort lawyer's delight.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

If it was overbooked, there should have been four people standing up
looking for a seat. Musical Chairs rules should apply.

Airlines overbook every day. It ****es people off.

It wasn't overbooked. Everyone had boarded and taken their seats. Then
United decided it needed to get 4 of its employees on that flight,
bumping passengers *AFTER BOARDING*. Their behavior was unconscionable.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/11/2017 9:20 AM, Frank wrote:

I heard it was not overbooked but the airline wanted seats for its own
employees to get to their jobs.

Story still developing so we will see how it ends. Guy said he was
important Dr. but who knows if he is telling the truth.

If airline did do it for their own convenience it will cost them a bundle.

Assuming the facts are correct. Is it more important for a flight
attendant or a doctor to get to the job?

If you are booking your own employees, shouldn't they have been boarded
first and then bump passengers at the gate? Poorly done and United
deserves the poor publicity. They were pretty stupid in the way they
handled it. If the benefits are good, I'll take a bump. I like
travelling first class at their expense.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/10/17 10:04 PM, Meanie wrote:
[...]

Actually it wasn't an overbook. Everybody had their seats and then
United decided at the last minute they needed to deadhead a flight crew
and started kicking people off. Small difference, but an important one.
Actually made the incident that much more outlandish.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/11/2017 9:54 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/11/2017 9:20 AM, Frank wrote:

I heard it was not overbooked but the airline wanted seats for its own
employees to get to their jobs.

Story still developing so we will see how it ends. Guy said he was
important Dr. but who knows if he is telling the truth.

If airline did do it for their own convenience it will cost them a
bundle.

Assuming the facts are correct. Is it more important for a flight
attendant or a doctor to get to the job?

If you are booking your own employees, shouldn't they have been boarded
first and then bump passengers at the gate? Poorly done and United
deserves the poor publicity. They were pretty stupid in the way they
handled it. If the benefits are good, I'll take a bump. I like
travelling first class at their expense.

Yet to be substantiated that he is a doctor but whoever it was they
should not have bumped him except for their own benefit.
Posted to alt.home.repair

If it was overbooked, there should have been four people standing up
looking for a seat. Musical Chairs rules should apply.

Airlines overbook every day. It ****es people off.

It wasn't overbooked. Everyone had boarded and taken their seats. Then
United decided it needed to get 4 of its employees on that flight,
bumping passengers *AFTER BOARDING*. Their behavior was unconscionable.

Yep.
... you can't buy this kind of public relations !
I wouldn't be surprised if some of the other passengers
develop enough trauma to launch a law suit.
.. I'm a little traumatized myself - just seeing the videos !
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

If it was overbooked, there should have been four people standing up
looking for a seat. Musical Chairs rules should apply.

Airlines overbook every day. It ****es people off.

Often there are no-shows so I can understand it. I've been bumped but
was well compensated for it and it made little difference in my life.
Arriving a couple of hours later in first class and getting free tickets
is not so bad. In this case though, the guy was already seated on the
plane. Poor planning on the airline.

The problem with that is for the most part the no-shows have already
paid and any more it is non-refunable. So they are double dipping if
they overbook.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

If it was overbooked, there should have been four people standing up
looking for a seat. Musical Chairs rules should apply.

Airlines overbook every day. It ****es people off.

People don't show up for flights, so airlines overbook. They play the
statistics game and sometimes there are loosers. Just like in Musical
Chairs.

I heard it was not overbooked but the airline wanted seats for its own
employees to get to their jobs.

Story still developing so we will see how it ends. Guy said he was
important Dr. but who knows if he is telling the truth.

If airline did do it for their own convenience it will cost them a bundle.

If that flight crew was needed to keep the schedules rolling, I am not
sure it was just "for their convenience". But, nobody should have been
boarded that might need to get bumped voluntarily or not. Do that
before the jetway.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
says...

I'd kindly tell the cops; before you put your hands on me, you better
know what the **** you are doing.

This **** could get ugly :-)

There must be respect for the cops. The passanger was wrong to resist.

If I was the total judge on this, I would give the passanger about a
month of house arrest with one of the ankle things, and then give him
about a million dollars from the airline for over booking.

The over booking should be stopped,and if you get a ticket you should
pay for it even if you can not make the flight.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 8:39:21 PM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:
One snowflake, squealing like a pig, as he is dragged from the plane as other snowflakes sit by and scream "Oh my
God"! That had to be a flight either to or from California.

Maybe the police should have taken the guy who kept saying "I have to go home" with them too.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/539284773...#sp=show-clips

The airlines behavior is despicable.

I can smell a lawsuit coming.

They should have upped the offer to $2000.

$2000 is a cheap concession compared to the bad publicity.

I am sure the video is on YouTube and many other sites.

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 07:45:25 -0700 (PDT), Andy
wrote:

On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 8:39:21 PM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:
One snowflake, squealing like a pig, as he is dragged from the plane as other snowflakes sit by and scream "Oh my
God"! That had to be a flight either to or from California.

Maybe the police should have taken the guy who kept saying "I have to go home" with them too.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/539284773...#sp=show-clips

The airlines behavior is despicable.

I can smell a lawsuit coming.

They should have upped the offer to $2000.

$2000 is a cheap concession compared to the bad publicity.

I am sure the video is on YouTube and many other sites.

Andy

I agree, this was a horrible image for the airline and this is going
to cost them big bucks before it is over although it will be settled
quietly I imagine.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 9:50:32 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/10/2017 9:38 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
One snowflake, squealing like a pig, as he is dragged from the plane as other snowflakes sit by and scream "Oh my
God"! That had to be a flight either to or from California.

Maybe the police should have taken the guy who kept saying "I have to go home" with them too.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/539284773...#sp=show-clips

They kicked him (and 3 others) off to make room for a Delta employee.
That seems unfair to me as they were already boarded. .

Apparently they needed 4 seats for Delta employees who were crew
on their way to where they were needed for a flight. I don't see
that as unfair. Airlines routinely overbook flights and it's not
often that they wind up with too few seats. If they made a mistake,
it was in letting people on the plane before they were sure they
had enough seats. But then IDK when they first learned that they
had these 4 extra employees, could have been at the last minute.

I agree with Gordon on this one. The media is just going wild on
this one, saying the whole country is outraged at United.
Well, I'm outraged too, but not at United. I'm fed up with idiots
like this that make a spectacle, force planes to make an emergency
landing because they have to pay $12 for a blanket and stunts like
this. The dishonest media isn't even reporting the most basic facts.
This was Chicago, not some little airport with no flights. So, when
was the next flight that they could have put this passenger on?
I bet they could have gotten him to his destination in just a few more
hours.

And this clown is a doctor? I wouldn't want him as my doctor with that
kind of judgment and behavior. Also, on talk radio this morning,
apparently the truth is starting to come out. I heard talk that the
doctor's license had been suspended for drug offenses, including trading
drugs for sex. IDK if it's true, but that's what's being reported some
places now.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 10:05:40 PM UTC-4, Meanie wrote:
[...]

So the new protocol is that you can just refuse to leave? Next you'll
have everyone claiming they have important business to attend to and
that they won't leave. This guy is just another one of these obnoxious
assholes that screws with the rest of us and makes travel disasters.
And check out what the media is finally starting to report about the
doctor's background, eg TMZ is reporting the doctor's license was
suspended for drug violations, including exchanging drug's for sex.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 10:14:55 AM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

I'd kindly tell the cops; before you put your hands on me, you better
know what the **** you are doing.

This **** could get ugly :-)

There must be respect for the cops. The passanger was wrong to resist.

I agree. He's just another one of these self-assholes who
makes travel miserable for the whole plane. Twenty years ago, we
didn't have this happening. Now unfortunately, jerks like this guy
have seen that everyone has a cell phone to take a video and they
figure they can make a spectacle, get a pay day, go on The Today
Show, etc.

If I was the total judge on this, I would give the passanger about a
month of house arrest with one of the ankle things, and then give him
about a million dollars from the airline for over booking.

The over booking should be stopped,and if you get a ticket you should
pay for it even if you can not make the flight.

Are you willing to pay the price increase for tickets if they stop
overbooking? That's what will happen. They overbook based on experience
for that flight, so that they wind up with a plane as full as possible.
If they book to passengers scheduled, most planes will have more empty
seats and customers wind up paying for it. Plus we have the environental
waste of fuel.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

If it was overbooked, there should have been four people standing up
looking for a seat. Musical Chairs rules should apply.

Airlines overbook every day. It ****es people off.

People don't show up for flights, so airlines overbook. They play the
statistics game and sometimes there are loosers. Just like in Musical
Chairs.

I heard it was not overbooked but the airline wanted seats for its own
employees to get to their jobs.

Story still developing so we will see how it ends. Guy said he was
important Dr. but who knows if he is telling the truth.

If airline did do it for their own convenience it will cost them a bundle.

Does their own convenience include getting flight crews to where they
are needed for a flight? That apparently is what happened here.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 9:54:06 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/11/2017 9:20 AM, Frank wrote:

I heard it was not overbooked but the airline wanted seats for its own
employees to get to their jobs.

Story still developing so we will see how it ends. Guy said he was
important Dr. but who knows if he is telling the truth.

If airline did do it for their own convenience it will cost them a bundle.

Assuming the facts are correct. Is it more important for a flight
attendant or a doctor to get to the job?

IDK, that's a good question. I'd say it depends on what kind of
doctor he is, what kind of patients he's seeing. It's being reported
now that this doctor had his license suspended on drug charges,
including trading drugs for sex. What does that tell you? And what
is the inconvenience if the flight crew doesn't get to where they
are needed and 200 other people, maybe other doctors, don't get
to where they are going?

If you are booking your own employees, shouldn't they have been boarded
first and then bump passengers at the gate? Poorly done and United
deserves the poor publicity. They were pretty stupid in the way they
handled it. If the benefits are good, I'll take a bump. I like
travelling first class at their expense.

I would agree, assuming they knew they had these 4 employees all along.
It's possible that only came up after people had boarded. Once this
guy claimed he was a doctor and started bitching, they should have
asked to see his license and if he showed it, then selected another
random person. That seems like a reasonable thing that could have
avoided this mess.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

If it was overbooked, there should have been four people standing up
looking for a seat. Musical Chairs rules should apply.

Airlines overbook every day. It ****es people off.

Often there are no-shows so I can understand it. I've been bumped but
was well compensated for it and it made little difference in my life.
Arriving a couple of hours later in first class and getting free tickets
is not so bad. In this case though, the guy was already seated on the
plane. Poor planning on the airline.

The problem with that is for the most part the no-shows have already
paid and any more it is non-refunable. So they are double dipping if
they overbook.

IDK what airlines you have experience with, but in my experience,
whether a fair is refundable or not depends on the particular ticket.
The vast majority are either refundable or can be used toward a
future flight with some re-scheduling penalty.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 9:44:36 AM UTC-4, Mark Storkamp wrote:

wrote:

If it was overbooked, there should have been four people standing up
looking for a seat. Musical Chairs rules should apply.

Airlines overbook every day. It ****es people off.

It wasn't overbooked. Everyone had boarded and taken their seats. Then
United decided it needed to get 4 of its employees on that flight,
bumping passengers *AFTER BOARDING*. Their behavior was unconscionable.

It's not clear if it was overbooked or not. They may have overbooked
it by more than the 4 seats and had already dealt with those passengers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Police drag passenger from United Airlines plane - TWICE!

On 4/10/2017 6:38 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
One snowflake, squealing like a pig, as he is dragged from the plane as other snowflakes sit by and scream "Oh my
God"! That had to be a flight either to or from California.

Maybe the police should have taken the guy who kept saying "I have to go home" with them too.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/539284773...#sp=show-clips

"A short time after officials got him off the plane, he returned to the
cabin and ran to the back, holding onto an object and pled to let him go
home."