Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bigmouthed Idiot

So the Idiot-In-Chief caved to the extreme right-wing nutjobs in the GOP.
Really gave in their desire to completely destroy American health care.
He actually sold out the American people.
Left health care at the mercy of insurance company execs.
The Vladimir Putin neo-commie model.
But it wasn't enough for the right-wing scum.
So he still failed. He's just an impotent old man with a big mouth.
Can't even make a deal. Couldn't get the job done.
Or, in other words, deplorable. Just like the voters who put him in office.
I was hoping the GOP would pass Trumpcare and off itself once and for all.
That's okay, they'll get another chance to **** things up.
This is, after all, the land of opportunity.
Now they can get about the business of trying to **** up the tax code to enrich the
wealthy and **** on everybody else.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/24/2017 04:25 PM, Wayne Normandy wrote:
So the Idiot-In-Chief caved to the extreme right-wing nutjobs in the GOP.
Really gave in their desire to completely destroy American health care.
He actually sold out the American people.
Left health care at the mercy of insurance company execs.
The Vladimir Putin neo-commie model.
But it wasn't enough for the right-wing scum.
So he still failed. He's just an impotent old man with a big mouth.
Can't even make a deal. Couldn't get the job done.
Or, in other words, deplorable. Just like the voters who put him in office.
I was hoping the GOP would pass Trumpcare and off itself once and for all.
That's okay, they'll get another chance to **** things up.
This is, after all, the land of opportunity.
Now they can get about the business of trying to **** up the tax code to enrich the
wealthy and **** on everybody else.

I guess there are two types of people; those who work and pay taxes and those who are freeloading welfare democrats.

Unfortunately for the lazy lefties, the free-ride welfare train is coming to an end. Democrats will have get a job like the rest of us taxpayers.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 24 Mar 2017 13:25:40 -0700, Wayne Normandy wrote:

So the Idiot-In-Chief caved to the extreme right-wing nutjobs in the GOP.
Really gave in their desire to completely destroy American health care.
He actually sold out the American people.
Left health care at the mercy of insurance company execs.
The Vladimir Putin neo-commie model.
But it wasn't enough for the right-wing scum.
So he still failed. He's just an impotent old man with a big mouth.
Can't even make a deal. Couldn't get the job done.
Or, in other words, deplorable. Just like the voters who put him in office.
I was hoping the GOP would pass Trumpcare and off itself once and for all.
That's okay, they'll get another chance to **** things up.
This is, after all, the land of opportunity.
Now they can get about the business of trying to **** up the tax code to enrich the
wealthy and **** on everybody else.

Oops. I read the author's name and subject line thinking it was your autobiography.

My bad.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 24 Mar 2017 16:36:25 -0500, Gordon Shumway
wrote:

Oops. I read the author's name and subject line thinking it was your autobiography.

My bad.

No worry. It was the Russians.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, March 24, 2017 at 4:54:02 PM UTC-4, Joe Mayer wrote:
[...]

Bull****. I work paid into the system and got ripped off by the system.

Violently exterminate the US government

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Oops. I read the author's name and subject line thinking it was your autobiography.

My bad.

No worry. It was the Russians.

Get the **** out of my country scum bag
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/24/2017 03:25 PM, Wayne Normandy wrote:

So the Idiot-In-Chief caved to the extreme right-wing nutjobs in the GOP.
Really gave in their desire to completely destroy American health care.
He actually sold out the American people.
Left health care at the mercy of insurance company execs.
The Vladimir Putin neo-commie model.
But it wasn't enough for the right-wing scum.
So he still failed. He's just an impotent old man with a big mouth.
Can't even make a deal. Couldn't get the job done.
Or, in other words, deplorable. Just like the voters who put him in office.
I was hoping the GOP would pass Trumpcare and off itself once and for all.
That's okay, they'll get another chance to **** things up.
This is, after all, the land of opportunity.
Now they can get about the business of trying to **** up the tax code to enrich the
wealthy and **** on everybody else.

More and more I've been reading the conservative publications and more
and more they have been calling Trump /highly/ problematic.

Trump should have taken whatever he saw as the /one/ worst part of ACA,
then worked with /everyone/ to come up with a solution, then implement it.

Once that is done, move onto the next problem.

To say that people can opt out of health insurance would be like saying
people can opt out of car insurance.

No one is going to go through life never having a health issue of some
sort. It's possible for someone to drive their whole life and never get
in a car accident.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/25/2017 8:45 AM, philo wrote:

To say that people can opt out of health insurance would be like saying
people can opt out of car insurance.

No one is going to go through life never having a health issue of some
sort. It's possible for someone to drive their whole life and never get
in a car accident.

If you have no health insurance (your choice) you can just go home and
die. If you crash into a car and injure 5 people, you are liable. You
do NOT have to insure your own car though.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 25 Mar 2017 07:45:18 -0500, philo wrote:

More and more I've been reading the conservative publications and more
and more they have been calling Trump /highly/ problematic.

Trump should have taken whatever he saw as the /one/ worst part of ACA,
then worked with /everyone/ to come up with a solution, then implement it.

Once that is done, move onto the next problem.

To say that people can opt out of health insurance would be like saying
people can opt out of car insurance.

No one is going to go through life never having a health issue of some
sort. It's possible for someone to drive their whole life and never get
in a car accident.

Yea, but there are some people who do not and will not deal with
conventional doctors. Modern medical practices are said to be great, but
in reality, they are not. There is a chimical cure for damn near
everything, but these chemicals are mostly poisons and have many side
effects. Those who opt out of modern medicine, often use alternative
medicine, and much if not most of the alternatives are NOT covered by
medical insurance. Forcing people to have medical insurance means they
are also forced to use conventional doctors and practices.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, March 25, 2017 at 9:41:26 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/25/2017 8:45 AM, philo wrote:

To say that people can opt out of health insurance would be like saying
people can opt out of car insurance.

No one is going to go through life never having a health issue of some
sort. It's possible for someone to drive their whole life and never get
in a car accident.

If you have no health insurance (your choice) you can just go home and
die. If you crash into a car and injure 5 people, you are liable. You
do NOT have to insure your own car though.

Except of course, that we all know that people don't just go home to die.
They go to the ER with no insurance and the rest of the people, who are
paying for insurance or paying income taxes, etc, get stuck paying for
them too. And while it's true that if you crash into 5 people you are
liable, it's also true that you can't get blood out of a turnip.
People with no auto insurance typically have no assets, can declare
bankruptcy, etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/25/2017 07:41 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/25/2017 8:45 AM, philo wrote:

To say that people can opt out of health insurance would be like saying
people can opt out of car insurance.

No one is going to go through life never having a health issue of some
sort. It's possible for someone to drive their whole life and never get
in a car accident.

If you have no health insurance (your choice) you can just go home and
die. If you crash into a car and injure 5 people, you are liable. You
do NOT have to insure your own car though.

In most of the states I have lived in, you did have to insure your car.
An exception is Montana where you do not have to insure motorcycles,
although I do. In fact I just paid they yearly premium on one of the
bikes, $100 and change. Funny how insurance is cheaper on the vehicles
where it isn't mandatory.

I haven't checked recent statistics but iirc even in states like
Massachusetts where you physically pick up your plates at your insurance
man's, there was still around 10% non-compliance, hence the additional
premium for uninsured motorists.

That's typical. Pass laws that encourage higher rates but don't enforce
them well enough that the people who do comply have to pay additional to
cover the scofflaws.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 25 Mar 2017 08:56:49 -0700 (PDT)
trader_4 wrote:

With those boundary conditions, failure was inevitable, because
there is no solution.

Only in the eyes of you democrats.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 25 Mar 2017 08:59:11 -0700 (PDT)
trader_4 wrote:

People with no auto insurance typically have no assets,

and are illegals
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/25/2017 08:41 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/25/2017 8:45 AM, philo wrote:

To say that people can opt out of health insurance would be like saying
people can opt out of car insurance.

No one is going to go through life never having a health issue of some
sort. It's possible for someone to drive their whole life and never get
in a car accident.

If you have no health insurance (your choice) you can just go home and
die. If you crash into a car and injure 5 people, you are liable. You
do NOT have to insure your own car though.

All states either require one to have auto insurance or have a
verifiable money bond.

Those who do not have health insurance don't usually opt to go home and
die, they simply do not pay their hospital bill. The hospital simply
puts their costs onto the bills of all the people who are insured.

I think everyone should have health insurance and the one exception
would be for those who have a money bond such as done in the states that
do not require insurance.

In the 38 years I was on my job, I took all of two sick days so
basically paid in for all those years and never took anything out.

I suppose I could have complained about it but as it turned our my knees
had to be replaced and my insurance paid for 95% of the bill which was
over $100k.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/25/2017 06:06 PM, philo wrote:
True, but Trump was not done-in the by Democrats, no matter how dumb he
is he knew damn well he was not going to get one vote from them...nor
did he need it. He was done in by his own party and as you say, I think
Ryan is going to pay the price. He had to have know his bill was
destined to fail.

No, I think Ryan is delusional. Trump is a loose cannon but Ryan strikes
me as something even more dangerous, the True Believer. He kept trotting
out that Path To Prosperity or whatever his master plan was. The
Republicans could be more supportive since they knew it wasn't going
anyplace. Then drafting him as Speaker over his coy demurs gave him even
more of an ego boost.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 25 Mar 2017 21:09:35 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 03/25/2017 06:06 PM, philo wrote:
True, but Trump was not done-in the by Democrats, no matter how dumb he
is he knew damn well he was not going to get one vote from them...nor
did he need it. He was done in by his own party and as you say, I think
Ryan is going to pay the price. He had to have know his bill was
destined to fail.

No, I think Ryan is delusional. Trump is a loose cannon but Ryan strikes
me as something even more dangerous, the True Believer. He kept trotting
out that Path To Prosperity or whatever his master plan was. The
Republicans could be more supportive since they knew it wasn't going
anyplace. Then drafting him as Speaker over his coy demurs gave him even
more of an ego boost.

The biggest part of why nothing was done, other than the liberal loons, was because the RINOs could potentially lose
their bid for reelection if they voted for the bill. They were looking out for themselves instead of their
constituents. Unfortunately that's what most politicians do. They would also never vote for term limits that could
make this behavior evaporate.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, March 25, 2017 at 7:54:23 PM UTC-4, philo wrote:
On 03/25/2017 08:41 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/25/2017 8:45 AM, philo wrote:

To say that people can opt out of health insurance would be like saying
people can opt out of car insurance.

No one is going to go through life never having a health issue of some
sort. It's possible for someone to drive their whole life and never get
in a car accident.

If you have no health insurance (your choice) you can just go home and
die. If you crash into a car and injure 5 people, you are liable. You
do NOT have to insure your own car though.

All states either require one to have auto insurance or have a
verifiable money bond.

Not true. As pointed out previously, NH does not require
auto insurance or any bond.

Those who do not have health insurance don't usually opt to go home and
die, they simply do not pay their hospital bill. The hospital simply
puts their costs onto the bills of all the people who are insured.

And also on to taxpayers and those who are uninsured, but
able to pay their hospital bill for something like a trip
to the ER for some stitches.

I think everyone should have health insurance and the one exception
would be for those who have a money bond such as done in the states that
do not require insurance.

That would work for me. It's also an interesting idea to
confront the right wingers with. If you have a choice between
either having insurance or posting a bond to show that you
can cover yourself, would that be acceptable to them?

In the 38 years I was on my job, I took all of two sick days so
basically paid in for all those years and never took anything out.

I suppose I could have complained about it but as it turned our my knees
had to be replaced and my insurance paid for 95% of the bill which was
over $100k.

Another good example of what's driving up the cost of healthcare.
Decades ago, we didn't have $100K operations that greatly
improved people's quality of life. Back then, they took
pain killers and had to live with it. Yet, the simple
minded and dishonest pretend that there are simple, easy
solutions to escalating healthcare costs. Trump and the
GOP just found out how that works out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, March 25, 2017 at 8:06:57 PM UTC-4, philo wrote:
On 03/25/2017 11:57 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 03/25/2017 06:45 AM, philo wrote:
More and more I've been reading the conservative publications and more
and more they have been calling Trump /highly/ problematic.

Now, that's breaking news... The so-called conservative publications
were and are the home of the #NeverTrump crowd.

I have mainly been reading the National Review and though sure. before
the election he was one of their least favorite candidates but once he
was elected they stood by him.

Occasionally they'd find fault but 95% of their articles were pro-Trump.

Now, one many days, only about 60% of their articles are pro-Trump, and
40% against him. The big criticisms are not so much his philosophy as
the fact that he keeps shooting himself in the foot

Well, 60/40 is a hell of a thing. By your measure, 40% of National Review
articles are anti-Trump. At least conservatives are honest. Have you ever seen
that kind of substantial split in a similar lib establishment?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, March 25, 2017 at 11:46:52 PM UTC-4, Gordon Shumway wrote:
[...]

And exactly the same thing can be said for your right wing extremist
congressmen. They would never vote for it because they are in tune
with their base that considered it unacceptable for other reasons.
For example, they seem to think that requiring insurance companies to
pay for ER visits or in-hospital care is unreasonable. So, again
with the boundary conditions that Trump set and the players, the outcome
was inevitable.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/26/2017 11:10 AM, trader_4 wrote:

All states either require one to have auto insurance or have a
verifiable money bond.

Not true. As pointed out previously, NH does not require
auto insurance or any bond.

OK, there is an exception I guess

Those who do not have health insurance don't usually opt to go home and
die, they simply do not pay their hospital bill. The hospital simply
puts their costs onto the bills of all the people who are insured.

And also on to taxpayers and those who are uninsured, but
able to pay their hospital bill for something like a trip
to the ER for some stitches.

I think everyone should have health insurance and the one exception
would be for those who have a money bond such as done in the states that
do not require insurance.

That would work for me. It's also an interesting idea to
confront the right wingers with. If you have a choice between
either having insurance or posting a bond to show that you
can cover yourself, would that be acceptable to them?

Yep, unless one has money to burn, insurance would make sense to me.

In the 38 years I was on my job, I took all of two sick days so
basically paid in for all those years and never took anything out.

I suppose I could have complained about it but as it turned our my knees
had to be replaced and my insurance paid for 95% of the bill which was
over $100k.

Another good example of what's driving up the cost of healthcare.
Decades ago, we didn't have $100K operations that greatly
improved people's quality of life. Back then, they took
pain killers and had to live with it. Yet, the simple
minded and dishonest pretend that there are simple, easy
solutions to escalating healthcare costs. Trump and the
GOP just found out how that works out.

Yep. I am sure thankful too.

Had my knees not been replaced by now I'd need a walker and would be
considered disabled.

Though I was legally disabled for several years after my operation, I
never considered myself so, and refused a handicapped permit.

Though I had a bit of difficulty walking at first, I figured I'd save
the handicapped space for someone who could not walk at all.
I know of people who can walk fine but perhaps have sore feet and they
gladly take the permits

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, March 25, 2017 at 10:08:42 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 03/25/2017 06:06 PM, philo wrote:
True, but Trump was not done-in the by Democrats, no matter how dumb he
is he knew damn well he was not going to get one vote from them...nor
did he need it. He was done in by his own party and as you say, I think
Ryan is going to pay the price. He had to have know his bill was
destined to fail.

No, I think Ryan is delusional. Trump is a loose cannon but Ryan strikes
me as something even more dangerous, the True Believer. He kept trotting
out that Path To Prosperity or whatever his master plan was. The
Republicans could be more supportive since they knew it wasn't going
anyplace. Then drafting him as Speaker over his coy demurs gave him even
more of an ego boost.

I found something that brilliantly sums it up. ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

http://static.conservativetribune.co...-2-470x303.jpg

http://tinyurl.com/mc5lqcd

[8~{} Uncle Brilliant Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/26/2017 11:18 AM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Nope, the liberal press is horribly skewed, I tend to look at it less
and less.

What an idiot BD[_4_] UK diy 61 August 25th 13 07:03 PM
An idiot and his table saw... Existential Angst[_2_] Woodworking 306 January 8th 13 04:01 PM
Sometimes I'm an idiot Bob La Londe Metalworking 4 September 23rd 10 10:25 PM
I'm such an idiot! zxcvbob Home Repair 5 August 27th 07 12:24 PM
Idiot needs help Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) UK diy 12 April 16th 07 07:57 PM