Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

Default You Have No Right to Own a 'Military-Style' Rifle, According toFederal Appeals Court Decision

You Have No Right to Own a 'Military-Style' Rifle, According to Federal
Appeals Court Decision

http://ijr.com/2017/02/807907-you-ha...ourt-decision/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 07:09:37 -0500, burfordTjustice
wrote:

You Have No Right to Own a 'Military-Style' Rifle, According to Federal
Appeals Court Decision

http://ijr.com/2017/02/807907-you-ha...ourt-decision/

This is contrary to "MILLER V US" one of the cornerstone decisions
upholding NFA34, the grand daddy of all gun laws. In Miller they ruled
that a sawed off shotgun was not "military" enough to be protected by
the 2d amendment. It will be interesting how the Trump SCOTUS rules on
this.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

You Have No Right to Own a 'Military-Style' Rifle, According to Federal
Appeals Court Decision

http://ijr.com/2017/02/807907-you-ha...ourt-decision/

This is contrary to "MILLER V US" one of the cornerstone decisions
upholding NFA34, the grand daddy of all gun laws. In Miller they ruled
that a sawed off shotgun was not "military" enough to be protected by
the 2d amendment. It will be interesting how the Trump SCOTUS rules on
this.

The Trump SC? King Trump now runs that too?

I agree it will be interesting, assuming they take the case of course.
The appeals court ruled that semi-autos are weapons of war. I'd like
those justices to show us modern armies that use rifles that are
only capable of semi-auto fire.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

You Have No Right to Own a 'Military-Style' Rifle, According to Federal
Appeals Court Decision

http://ijr.com/2017/02/807907-you-ha...ourt-decision/

This is contrary to "MILLER V US" one of the cornerstone decisions
upholding NFA34, the grand daddy of all gun laws. In Miller they ruled
that a sawed off shotgun was not "military" enough to be protected by
the 2d amendment. It will be interesting how the Trump SCOTUS rules on
this.

The Trump SC? King Trump now runs that too?

He already has one appointment in front of the Senate and there are a
couple of justices who are on the roof. It is very conceivable that he
could appoint a couple more before this is over. If they manage to get
Trump out, Pence is to the right of him on plenty of issues.

I agree it will be interesting, assuming they take the case of course.
The appeals court ruled that semi-autos are weapons of war. I'd like
those justices to show us modern armies that use rifles that are
only capable of semi-auto fire.

I agree it is just hyperbole but it is common hyperbole in the blue
states. A couple more decisions like McDonald and Heller might turn
these bans over.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

You Have No Right to Own a 'Military-Style' Rifle, According to Federal
Appeals Court Decision

http://ijr.com/2017/02/807907-you-ha...ourt-decision/

This is contrary to "MILLER V US" one of the cornerstone decisions
upholding NFA34, the grand daddy of all gun laws. In Miller they ruled
that a sawed off shotgun was not "military" enough to be protected by
the 2d amendment. It will be interesting how the Trump SCOTUS rules on
this.

The Trump SC? King Trump now runs that too?

He already has one appointment in front of the Senate and there are a
couple of justices who are on the roof. It is very conceivable that he
could appoint a couple more before this is over.

I would expect that this case would reach the court soon, so it
seems likely that only Gorsuch goes on there.

If they manage to get
Trump out, Pence is to the right of him on plenty of issues.

I would be so happy if that could happen. Unfortunately, the only
possible path I see at this point is if the investigation into Russia
shows that his campaign was in frequent contact with Russian intel
and it winds up forcing his resignation or removal. If that happens
though, Pence is done too. Which means we's likely wind up with Ryan,
which would be fine with me. Almost anyone would be better than the
dangerous clown.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Not going to happen. Get used to Trump and Pence for the next 8 years.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Great answer! :-)

Did you catch my post re Dustin?
--
"Do something wonderful, people may imitate it." (Albert Schweitzer)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Pence is pretty scary too in his own right.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

So, you see nothing wrong with a presidential campaign being in frequent
contact with Russian intelligence? Nothing odd in Trump's Russia/Putinphilia? Why would there ever be *any* contact between a US
presidential campaign and Russian intelligence operatives?

Answer one simple question. Do you support having a full investigation by
Congress into the contacts between Trump's campaign and Russian intelligence?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 13:35:06 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:
Answer one simple question. Do you support having
a full investigation by Congress into the contacts
between Trump's campaign and Russian
intelligence?

How can a campaign be in contact with anyone? A "campaign" is an
entity...

Are you going to blame Trump for the actions of other people? One
man was fired for lying about such things. That's all anyone can can
do when they find out about a lie.

Are you going to blame Trump for what someone else does?

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Are you going to blame Trump for what someone else does?

Just give him a chance. If the tread is about guns, courts or Alan
Comes he will turn it into a ****in' Trump bashing episode. Expect it
for the next eight (8) years.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I like Pence, too!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Are you going to blame Trump for what someone else does?

Just give him a chance. If the tread is about guns, courts or Alan
Comes he will turn it into a ****in' Trump bashing episode. Expect it
for the next eight (8) years.

lol well... depending on how much time I need to relax ... that'll be
how much time I spend responding to him. I get bored after a while, though.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/23/2017 10:50 PM, T wrote:
On 02/23/2017 08:09 PM, Muggles wrote:

I like Pence, too!

1+

^5

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Answer one simple question. Do you support having
a full investigation by Congress into the contacts
between Trump's campaign and Russian
intelligence?

How can a campaign be in contact with anyone? A "campaign" is an entity...
Are you going to blame Trump for the actions of other people? One man
was fired for lying about such things. That's all anyone can can do
when they find out about a lie.
Are you going to blame Trump for what someone else does?

Count on it. If his steak comes out medium rare when he ordered medium,
he'll blame Trump and his supporters. I'm willing to bet he calls his
mommy every day crying about the mean man running our country. ROFLMFAO!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

What happened to your religion of impeachment with in the first couple
of months??
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote:

So, you see nothing wrong with a presidential campaign being in
frequent contact with Russian intelligence?

FBI and others have said several time that did not happen.

Do keep up there in the rear.

You bucking for a job at CNN?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Are you going to blame Trump for what someone else does?

Just give him a chance. If the tread is about guns, courts or Alan
Comes he will turn it into a ****in' Trump bashing episode. Expect it
for the next eight (8) years.

Same question to you Oren. You claim to be a great patriot.
A conservative. Do you see nothing wrong with Trump's
campaign having frequent contact with Russian intelligence?
At the same time that Russia is hacking DNC, interfering
in the election and Trump is
kissing Putin's ass? ARe you not concerned about Trump's
bizarre affection for Putin?

So, are you in favor of a full investigation by Congress
into what exactly went on? Or does every American principle,
every conservative principle go out the window and it's
"all hail King Trump"?
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote:

So, you see nothing wrong with a presidential campaign being in
frequent contact with Russian intelligence?

FBI and others have said several time that did not happen.

Please show us the cite from the FBI where they say that.
You can't because they did not. If by "others" you mean
King Trump and his minions, well, that's no surprise. But then
you believed them when they told you that Flynn never discussed
anything of substance with the Russian ambassador too. Now we
know that was a lie.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

More lies. I never said Trump would be impeached in the first couple
months.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 25 Feb 2017 06:42:36 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

Same question to you Oren. You claim to be a great patriot.
A conservative. Do you see nothing wrong with Trump's
campaign having frequent contact with Russian intelligence?
At the same time that Russia is hacking DNC, interfering
in the election and Trump is
kissing Putin's ass? ARe you not concerned about Trump's
bizarre affection for Putin?

So, are you in favor of a full investigation by Congress
into what exactly went on? Or does every American principle,
every conservative principle go out the window and it's
"all hail King Trump"?

Putin is a KGB thug. He wants the old soviet empire back so he preens
his feathers on the world stage.

I don't know anything about contacts other than what is reported. The
simplest way to investigate, really simple, is for Trump to declassify
transcripts of any phone conversations. Specifically any conversation
Flynn had. Somebody has those documents and recordings. Get to the
bottom. Lets see what actually took place. Until we know the content /
context we are just ****ing in the wind.

We could spend millions investigating until the cows come home. Just
release the phone calls and be done with it. If a crime was committed
-- put somebody in the pokie. Chain 'em to the wall and feed them a
cup of swill once a day. It doesn't have to be complicated.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Same question to you Oren. You claim to be a great patriot.
A conservative. Do you see nothing wrong with Trump's
campaign having frequent contact with Russian intelligence?
At the same time that Russia is hacking DNC, interfering
in the election and Trump is
kissing Putin's ass? ARe you not concerned about Trump's
bizarre affection for Putin?

So, are you in favor of a full investigation by Congress
into what exactly went on? Or does every American principle,
every conservative principle go out the window and it's
"all hail King Trump"?

Putin is a KGB thug. He wants the old soviet empire back so he preens
his feathers on the world stage.

I don't know anything about contacts other than what is reported. The
simplest way to investigate, really simple, is for Trump to declassify
transcripts of any phone conversations.

Good to see we're basically in agreement. I'd be all for Trump releasing
them, but that's about as likely as him showing us his tax returns.

Specifically any conversation
Flynn had. Somebody has those documents and recordings.

The Flynn ones are likely the least of the problem. ACcording to
the NY Times and CNN, sources have told them that US intel saw
repeated contact between Trump's campaign and Russian intel months
before Flynn, during the CAMPAIGN. According to the report, it
was so shocking, that the FBI started an investigation, which is
ongoing right now.

Get to the
bottom. Lets see what actually took place. Until we know the content /
context we are just ****ing in the wind.

Agree.

We could spend millions investigating until the cows come home. Just
release the phone calls and be done with it. If a crime was committed
-- put somebody in the pokie. Chain 'em to the wall and feed them a
cup of swill once a day. It doesn't have to be complicated.

I'd be satisfied with releasing all the phone calls too, provided that
it shows the contact didn't amount to anything. But, maybe you can
tell us, why would there ever be contact between a presidential campaign
and Russian intel?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 25 Feb 2017 12:31:52 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

I'd be satisfied with releasing all the phone calls too, provided that
it shows the contact didn't amount to anything. But, maybe you can
tell us, why would there ever be contact between a presidential campaign
and Russian intel?

I'll take a stab at it. NSA monitors and records all calls to foreign
dignitaries in government. Both ways.

All that needs to be released in any call/transcript is the few
sentences that show a crime was committed. If that did not happen,
where's the beef?

If CNN or NYT doesn't name a source, I wouldn't trust it. It could be
a reporter trying to make his bones -- using exaggeration.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Back when my forefather John Bomb started the Maryland militia he would have said BULL****.