Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hum Sound in House

replying to norminn, Tbu62 wrote:
I have the same thing in 2 different homes. A very subtle 60 Hertz hum that
drives me crazy. It's noticeable everywhere inside both houses. I strongly
suspect the structures are resonating the vibrations from the surrounding
electrical grid. (why not, flowing energy creates resonance in the wires and
pipes)....

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...se-502236-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 18 Feb 2017 16:14:05 GMT, Tbu62
m wrote:

replying to norminn, Tbu62 wrote:
I have the same thing in 2 different homes. A very subtle 60 Hertz hum that
drives me crazy. It's noticeable everywhere inside both houses. I strongly
suspect the structures are resonating the vibrations from the surrounding
electrical grid. (why not, flowing energy creates resonance in the wires and
pipes)....

Houses hum because they don't know the words.
Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

replying to norminn, Tbu62 wrote:
I have the same thing in 2 different homes. A very subtle 60 Hertz hum that
drives me crazy. It's noticeable everywhere inside both houses. I strongly
suspect the structures are resonating the vibrations from the surrounding
electrical grid. (why not, flowing energy creates resonance in the wires and
pipes)....

Get your affairs in order. Two guys in white suits went and got
"norminn" with a butterfly net.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam,alt.support.depression

On 2/18/2017 8:14 AM, Tbu62 wrote:
replying to norminn, Tbu62 wrote:
I have the same thing in 2 different homes. A very subtle 60 Hertz hum
that
drives me crazy. It's noticeable everywhere inside both houses. I
strongly
suspect the structures are resonating the vibrations from the surrounding
electrical grid. (why not, flowing energy creates resonance in the wires
and
pipes)....

Curiously, if that is the correct word for it, I, too, hear a curious
humming sound in my home. It starts around six o'clock nearly every
evening. It resembles an electric motor...the hum of an electric motor,
to be more exact. I walk around the house and the noise seems to be
coming for everywhere. It's as loud in the front of the house as it is
in the back. Maybe I got wax in my ears.....but if that were the case,
wouldn't I be hearing less of the noise?

Please help me figure this one out.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam,alt.support.depression

On 2/18/2017 12:40 PM, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
[...]

Shut all your breakers off. Does the hum go away?

Turn them back on, one at a time, checking for hum.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam,alt.support.depression

On 2/18/2017 10:34 AM, Kelly Ann Conway wrote:
[...]

Thank you my dear. I'll have the butler look at them.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam,alt.support.depression
% % is offline

wrote:
[...]

the cornhole wears chrome bolt crutches ,
and he's got a nut loose when the train goes by he
gets a hum

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam,alt.support.depression

On 2/18/2017 10:38 AM, % wrote:
Kelly Ann Conway wrote:
[...]

Assworm talks about his lifestyle up in can-ah-duh.
LOL

p.s. Gimme a hummer..... LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam,alt.support.depression

On 2/18/2017 1:41 PM, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
On 2/18/2017 10:38 AM, % wrote:
Kelly Ann Conway wrote:
[...]

Yer gonna make Jackie G Jackass jellus with yer
promiscuous homosexual postings..little Eddie.

LoLoLoL

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam,alt.support.depression

On 2/18/2017 1:52 PM, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
*ASSHOLE ALERT*
LOL
http://imgur.com/lrQvLto

LoLoLoL

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam,alt.support.depression

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 09:40:24 -0800, "Colonel Edmund J. Burke" wrote:

Curiously, if that is the correct word for it, I, too, hear a curious
humming sound in my home. It starts around six o'clock nearly every
evening. It resembles an electric motor...the hum of an electric motor,
to be more exact. I walk around the house and the noise seems to be
coming for everywhere. It's as loud in the front of the house as it is
in the back. Maybe I got wax in my ears.....but if that were the case,
wouldn't I be hearing less of the noise?

Please help me figure this one out.

I heard the same hum several years ago for about six months.
The hum came from the atmosphere. It would resonate with my
standing rigging and actually cause a buzz in the mast.

I thought it was either HARP or submarine communication
signals.

Haven't heard it for a couple of years now so whatever
was causing it has moved on.

--

"In my erudition, I say a man not mince words in order
to spare the sensibilities of the thin-skinned and the
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam,alt.support.depression
% % is offline

wrote:

[...]

in your case it was the ball bearing in your head
,
now even it's got too old to move

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, February 18, 2017 at 11:14:08 AM UTC-5, Tbu62 wrote:
replying to norminn, Tbu62 wrote:
I have the same thing in 2 different homes. A very subtle 60 Hertz hum that
drives me crazy. It's noticeable everywhere inside both houses. I strongly
suspect the structures are resonating the vibrations from the surrounding
electrical grid. (why not, flowing energy creates resonance in the wires and
pipes)....

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...se-502236-.htm

There have been mysterious hums of unknown origin at many places in
the USA over the years. TAOS, NM or Kokomo, Indiana are two of them.
About 15 years ago, I heard it here in NJ and it's been reported in
other nearby towns too. Best described as like a very faint rumble
similar to an idling diesel. When I first heard it, I thought it was
in the house. I turned off the main breaker, finally concluded it was
coming from something outside the house. Sometimes it can be heard
outside, but it generally is more noticeable or only inside a structure.
It's mostly heard at night too, rather than the day.

What it is, whether everyone that hears it is hearing the same thing,
no one knows. If you google for taos hum, kokomo hum, the hum, etc
you'll find info. Here I heard it off and on for several years, but
then it went away and I have not heard it again in probably 10 years.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression

On 2/18/2017 1:34 PM, Kelly Ann Conway wrote:

Curiously, if that is the correct word for it, I, too, hear a curious
humming sound in my home. It starts around six o'clock nearly every
evening. It resembles an electric motor...the hum of an electric
motor, to be more exact. I walk around the house and the noise seems
to be coming for everywhere. It's as loud in the front of the house
as it is in the back. Maybe I got wax in my ears.....but if that were
the case, wouldn't I be hearing less of the noise?

Please help me figure this one out.

Shut all your breakers off. Does the hum go away?

Turn them back on, one at a time, checking for hum.

I know of a similar situation. Turned out to be a resonance from a
factory about 1/4 mile away with an air inlet outside. Mostly
noticeable at night and nearly drove the guy nuts. You heard it in his
house, but not outside.
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

Checkmate! In article ,
says...

[...]

This exact same problem happened to me several years ago, and that's
exactly what I did... shut off all my breakers, but the sound was still
there, coming from the ceiling of one of my bathrooms. I was about
ready to start ripping the ceiling out, when I heard the neighbors
talking about the same thing out in front of my house. Turns out the
neighbor had a water leak, and the sound was coming from her meter.
Apparently the pipes carried the sound into her house and mine as well.

Strange, but true...

--
Checkmate

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| | _
| || | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam
% % is offline

Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety
goggles when reading posts
by Checkmate! In article
,

says...

wrote:
On 2/18/2017 8:14 AM, Tbu62 wrote:
replying to norminn, Tbu62 wrote:
I have the same thing in 2 different homes.
A very subtle 60
Hertz hum that
drives me crazy. It's noticeable everywhere
inside both houses. I
strongly
suspect the structures are resonating the
vibrations from the
surrounding electrical grid. (why not,
flowing energy creates
resonance in the wires and
pipes)....

Curiously, if that is the correct word for it,
I, too, hear a
curious humming sound in my home. It starts
around six o'clock
nearly every evening. It resembles an
electric motor...the hum of
an electric motor, to be more exact. I walk
around the house and
the noise seems to be coming for everywhere.
It's as loud in the
front of the house as it is in the back.
Maybe I got wax in my
ears.....but if that were the case, wouldn't I
be hearing less of
the noise?

Please help me figure this one out.

Shut all your breakers off. Does the hum go
away?

Turn them back on, one at a time, checking for
hum.

This exact same problem happened to me several
years ago, and that's
exactly what I did... shut off all my breakers,
but the sound was
still there, coming from the ceiling of one of
my bathrooms. I was
about ready to start ripping the ceiling out,
when I heard the
neighbors talking about the same thing out in
front of my house.
Turns out the neighbor had a water leak, and the
sound was coming
from her meter. Apparently the pipes carried the
sound into her house
and mine as well.

Strange, but true...

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |

\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

it happened to me once , it was my own fart

Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

On 02/18/2017 05:35 PM, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
This exact same problem happened to me several years ago, and that's
exactly what I did... shut off all my breakers, but the sound was still
there, coming from the ceiling of one of my bathrooms. I was about
ready to start ripping the ceiling out, when I heard the neighbors
talking about the same thing out in front of my house. Turns out the
neighbor had a water leak, and the sound was coming from her meter.
Apparently the pipes carried the sound into her house and mine as well.

Strange, but true...

oh, you must have hydro-electric power

Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

On 2/18/2017 2:35 PM, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
Checkmate! In article ,
says...

[...]

Yes, that is certainly plausible.

Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

Checkmate! In article , burkesgurlz@t-
girls.com says...

[...]

I'm surprised it was so loud, since I have about a 75' lateral from my
meter to my house. I'm sure she had a nice water bill that month.

--
Checkmate

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| | _
| || | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam,alt.support.depression

On 2/18/2017 10:54 AM, Stagger Lee wrote:
On 2/18/2017 1:52 PM, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
*ASSHOLE ALERT*
LOL
http://imgur.com/lrQvLto

LoLoLoL

Little FaggerLee appears in my thread cuz he thought I said I wanted a
"hummer in the house."
LOL

Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam
% % is offline

Burke wrote:
On 2/18/2017 8:14 AM, Tbu62 wrote:
replying to norminn, Tbu62 wrote:
I have the same thing in 2 different homes.
A very subtle 60
Hertz hum that
drives me crazy. It's noticeable
everywhere inside both houses.
I strongly
suspect the structures are resonating the
vibrations from the
surrounding electrical grid. (why not,
flowing energy creates
resonance in the wires and
pipes)....

Curiously, if that is the correct word for
it, I, too, hear a
curious humming sound in my home. It starts
around six o'clock
nearly every evening. It resembles an
electric motor...the hum
of an electric motor, to be more exact. I
walk around the house
and the noise seems to be coming for
everywhere. It's as loud in
the front of the house as it is in the back.
Maybe I got wax in
my ears.....but if that were the case,
wouldn't I be hearing less
of the noise?

Please help me figure this one out.

Shut all your breakers off. Does the hum go
away?

Turn them back on, one at a time, checking
for hum.

This exact same problem happened to me several
years ago, and that's
exactly what I did... shut off all my
breakers, but the sound was
still there, coming from the ceiling of one of
my bathrooms. I was
about ready to start ripping the ceiling out,
when I heard the
neighbors talking about the same thing out in
front of my house.
Turns out the neighbor had a water leak, and
the sound was coming
from her meter. Apparently the pipes carried
the sound into her
house and mine as well.

Strange, but true...

Yes, that is certainly plausible.

I'm surprised it was so loud, since I have about
a 75' lateral from my
meter to my house. I'm sure she had a nice
water bill that month.

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |

\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

you can't be serious , you pay for water

Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

Checkmate! In article ,
says...

Burke wrote:
On 2/18/2017 8:14 AM, Tbu62 wrote:
replying to norminn, Tbu62 wrote:
I have the same thing in 2 different homes.
A very subtle 60
Hertz hum that
drives me crazy. It's noticeable
everywhere inside both houses.
I strongly
suspect the structures are resonating the
vibrations from the
surrounding electrical grid. (why not,
flowing energy creates
resonance in the wires and
pipes)....

Curiously, if that is the correct word for
it, I, too, hear a
curious humming sound in my home. It starts
around six o'clock
nearly every evening. It resembles an
electric motor...the hum
of an electric motor, to be more exact. I
walk around the house
and the noise seems to be coming for
everywhere. It's as loud in
the front of the house as it is in the back.
Maybe I got wax in
my ears.....but if that were the case,
wouldn't I be hearing less
of the noise?

Please help me figure this one out.

Shut all your breakers off. Does the hum go
away?

Turn them back on, one at a time, checking
for hum.

This exact same problem happened to me several
years ago, and that's
exactly what I did... shut off all my
breakers, but the sound was
still there, coming from the ceiling of one of
my bathrooms. I was
about ready to start ripping the ceiling out,
when I heard the
neighbors talking about the same thing out in
front of my house.
Turns out the neighbor had a water leak, and
the sound was coming
from her meter. Apparently the pipes carried
the sound into her
house and mine as well.

Strange, but true...

Yes, that is certainly plausible.

I'm surprised it was so loud, since I have about
a 75' lateral from my
meter to my house. I'm sure she had a nice
water bill that month.

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |

\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

you can't be serious , you pay for water

Of course, but my water bill is usually around $11 a month... I can't
complain. My electric bill is pretty high, but I'm testing big-ass
motors all the time.

--
Checkmate

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| | _
| || | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 17:25:48 -0800, "Checkmate, DoW #1" wrote:

Of course, but my water bill is usually around $11 a month... I can't
complain. My electric bill is pretty high, but I'm testing big-ass
motors all the time.

LOL, my water bill is zero, my electricity bill is zero, my
cable bill is zero, my property tax is zero, my garbage pickup
is zero, my sewer bill is zero, my lawn care bill is zero, my
fire insurance bill is zero, my liability insurance bill is zero,
my mort.age interest bill is zero, my medical insurance bill is
zero, my dental insurance bill is zero.

I only have two bills a month. Six bucks for Altopia and
72 bucks a month for phone/data service with my telecom
company. Oh, every six months I pay mandatory car insurance.

I pity you lubbers who work so hard just to give away all your
hard-earned money.

--

"In my erudition, I say a man not mince words in order
to spare the sensibilities of the thin-skinned and the
ignorant." --Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.

Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam
% % is offline

Burke wrote:
On 2/18/2017 8:14 AM, Tbu62 wrote:
replying to norminn, Tbu62 wrote:
I have the same thing in 2 different
homes.
A very subtle 60
Hertz hum that
drives me crazy. It's noticeable
everywhere inside both houses.
I strongly
suspect the structures are resonating the
vibrations from the
surrounding electrical grid. (why not,
flowing energy creates
resonance in the wires and
pipes)....

Curiously, if that is the correct word for
it, I, too, hear a
curious humming sound in my home. It
starts
around six o'clock
nearly every evening. It resembles an
electric motor...the hum
of an electric motor, to be more exact. I
walk around the house
and the noise seems to be coming for
everywhere. It's as loud in
the front of the house as it is in the
back.
Maybe I got wax in
my ears.....but if that were the case,
wouldn't I be hearing less
of the noise?

Please help me figure this one out.

Shut all your breakers off. Does the hum
go
away?

Turn them back on, one at a time, checking
for hum.

This exact same problem happened to me
several
years ago, and that's
exactly what I did... shut off all my
breakers, but the sound was
still there, coming from the ceiling of one
of
my bathrooms. I was
about ready to start ripping the ceiling
out,
when I heard the
neighbors talking about the same thing out
in
front of my house.
Turns out the neighbor had a water leak, and
the sound was coming
from her meter. Apparently the pipes carried
the sound into her
house and mine as well.

Strange, but true...

Yes, that is certainly plausible.

I'm surprised it was so loud, since I have
about
a 75' lateral from my
meter to my house. I'm sure she had a nice
water bill that month.

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

you can't be serious , you pay for water

Of course, but my water bill is usually around
$11 a month... I can't
complain. My electric bill is pretty high, but
I'm testing big-ass
motors all the time.

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |

\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

dig a well

Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam
% % is offline

wrote:

[...]

i don't pay anything for anything ,
i don't even pay for being really old like you are

Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

Checkmate! In article ,
says...

Burke wrote:
On 2/18/2017 8:14 AM, Tbu62 wrote:
replying to norminn, Tbu62 wrote:
I have the same thing in 2 different
homes.
A very subtle 60
Hertz hum that
drives me crazy. It's noticeable
everywhere inside both houses.
I strongly
suspect the structures are resonating the
vibrations from the
surrounding electrical grid. (why not,
flowing energy creates
resonance in the wires and
pipes)....

Curiously, if that is the correct word for
it, I, too, hear a
curious humming sound in my home. It
starts
around six o'clock
nearly every evening. It resembles an
electric motor...the hum
of an electric motor, to be more exact. I
walk around the house
and the noise seems to be coming for
everywhere. It's as loud in
the front of the house as it is in the
back.
Maybe I got wax in
my ears.....but if that were the case,
wouldn't I be hearing less
of the noise?

Please help me figure this one out.

Shut all your breakers off. Does the hum
go
away?

Turn them back on, one at a time, checking
for hum.

This exact same problem happened to me
several
years ago, and that's
exactly what I did... shut off all my
breakers, but the sound was
still there, coming from the ceiling of one
of
my bathrooms. I was
about ready to start ripping the ceiling
out,
when I heard the
neighbors talking about the same thing out
in
front of my house.
Turns out the neighbor had a water leak, and
the sound was coming
from her meter. Apparently the pipes carried
the sound into her
house and mine as well.

Strange, but true...

Yes, that is certainly plausible.

I'm surprised it was so loud, since I have
about
a 75' lateral from my
meter to my house. I'm sure she had a nice
water bill that month.

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

you can't be serious , you pay for water

Of course, but my water bill is usually around
$11 a month... I can't
complain. My electric bill is pretty high, but
I'm testing big-ass
motors all the time.

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |

\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

dig a well

I actually have an open well about 8' deep, with an ancient sprocket-
driven pump on it. Whatever drove the pump is long gone. It's just
wide enough that you could climb down the ladder someone left in it.
I've only seen it go dry once in seven years, but it's filling up fast
now. It's weird, because I'm way up on the side of the canyon. There's
a creek probably 80 feet lower than my property, but that well almost
always has water in it. I thing all the water that seeps into the hill
above me pools up over an impermeable layer that's lower than my
property, but higher than the creek. We have both sedimentary and
igneous rock here, so it's probably an igneous layer. Six years ago we
had so much rain that I had a spring on my property for about 4 months.
I wouldn't be surprised if it pops back up again this year, because
we've had a lot of rain.

--
Checkmate

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| | _
| || | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam
% % is offline

Burke wrote:
On 2/18/2017 8:14 AM, Tbu62 wrote:
replying to norminn, Tbu62 wrote:
I have the same thing in 2 different
homes.
A very subtle 60
Hertz hum that
drives me crazy. It's noticeable
everywhere inside both houses.
I strongly
suspect the structures are resonating
the
vibrations from the
surrounding electrical grid. (why not,
flowing energy creates
resonance in the wires and
pipes)....

Curiously, if that is the correct word
for
it, I, too, hear a
curious humming sound in my home. It
starts
around six o'clock
nearly every evening. It resembles an
electric motor...the hum
of an electric motor, to be more exact.
walk around the house
and the noise seems to be coming for
everywhere. It's as loud in
the front of the house as it is in the
back.
Maybe I got wax in
my ears.....but if that were the case,
wouldn't I be hearing less
of the noise?

Please help me figure this one out.

Shut all your breakers off. Does the hum
go
away?

Turn them back on, one at a time,
checking
for hum.

This exact same problem happened to me
several
years ago, and that's
exactly what I did... shut off all my
breakers, but the sound was
still there, coming from the ceiling of
one
of
my bathrooms. I was
about ready to start ripping the ceiling
out,
when I heard the
neighbors talking about the same thing out
in
front of my house.
Turns out the neighbor had a water leak,
and
the sound was coming
from her meter. Apparently the pipes
carried
the sound into her
house and mine as well.

Strange, but true...

Yes, that is certainly plausible.

I'm surprised it was so loud, since I have
about
a 75' lateral from my
meter to my house. I'm sure she had a nice
water bill that month.

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

you can't be serious , you pay for water

Of course, but my water bill is usually around
$11 a month... I can't
complain. My electric bill is pretty high,
but
I'm testing big-ass
motors all the time.

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

dig a well

I actually have an open well about 8' deep, with
an ancient sprocket-
driven pump on it. Whatever drove the pump is
long gone. It's just
wide enough that you could climb down the ladder
someone left in it.
I've only seen it go dry once in seven years,
but it's filling up fast
now. It's weird, because I'm way up on the side
of the canyon.
There's a creek probably 80 feet lower than my
property, but that
well almost always has water in it. I thing all
the water that seeps
into the hill above me pools up over an
impermeable layer that's
lower than my property, but higher than the
creek. We have both
sedimentary and igneous rock here, so it's
probably an igneous layer.
Six years ago we had so much rain that I had a
spring on my property
for about 4 months. I wouldn't be surprised if
it pops back up again
this year, because we've had a lot of rain.

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |

\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

so why you pay wader bill

Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam
% % is offline

Burke wrote:
On 2/18/2017 8:14 AM, Tbu62 wrote:
replying to norminn, Tbu62 wrote:
I have the same thing in 2 different
homes.
A very subtle 60
Hertz hum that
drives me crazy. It's noticeable
everywhere inside both houses.
I strongly
suspect the structures are resonating the
vibrations from the
surrounding electrical grid. (why not,
flowing energy creates
resonance in the wires and
pipes)....

Curiously, if that is the correct word for
it, I, too, hear a
curious humming sound in my home. It
starts
around six o'clock
nearly every evening. It resembles an
electric motor...the hum
of an electric motor, to be more exact. I
walk around the house
and the noise seems to be coming for
everywhere. It's as loud in
the front of the house as it is in the
back.
Maybe I got wax in
my ears.....but if that were the case,
wouldn't I be hearing less
of the noise?

Please help me figure this one out.

Shut all your breakers off. Does the hum
go
away?

Turn them back on, one at a time, checking
for hum.

This exact same problem happened to me
several
years ago, and that's
exactly what I did... shut off all my
breakers, but the sound was
still there, coming from the ceiling of one
of
my bathrooms. I was
about ready to start ripping the ceiling
out,
when I heard the
neighbors talking about the same thing out
in
front of my house.
Turns out the neighbor had a water leak, and
the sound was coming
from her meter. Apparently the pipes carried
the sound into her
house and mine as well.

Strange, but true...

Yes, that is certainly plausible.

I'm surprised it was so loud, since I have
about
a 75' lateral from my
meter to my house. I'm sure she had a nice
water bill that month.

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

you can't be serious , you pay for water

Of course, but my water bill is usually around
$11 a month... I can't
complain. My electric bill is pretty high, but
I'm testing big-ass
motors all the time.

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |

\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

stop copying me

Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

Checkmate! In article ,
says...

Burke wrote:
On 2/18/2017 8:14 AM, Tbu62 wrote:
replying to norminn, Tbu62 wrote:
I have the same thing in 2 different
homes.
A very subtle 60
Hertz hum that
drives me crazy. It's noticeable
everywhere inside both houses.
I strongly
suspect the structures are resonating
the
vibrations from the
surrounding electrical grid. (why not,
flowing energy creates
resonance in the wires and
pipes)....

Curiously, if that is the correct word
for
it, I, too, hear a
curious humming sound in my home. It
starts
around six o'clock
nearly every evening. It resembles an
electric motor...the hum
of an electric motor, to be more exact.
walk around the house
and the noise seems to be coming for
everywhere. It's as loud in
the front of the house as it is in the
back.
Maybe I got wax in
my ears.....but if that were the case,
wouldn't I be hearing less
of the noise?

Please help me figure this one out.

Shut all your breakers off. Does the hum
go
away?

Turn them back on, one at a time,
checking
for hum.

This exact same problem happened to me
several
years ago, and that's
exactly what I did... shut off all my
breakers, but the sound was
still there, coming from the ceiling of
one
of
my bathrooms. I was
about ready to start ripping the ceiling
out,
when I heard the
neighbors talking about the same thing out
in
front of my house.
Turns out the neighbor had a water leak,
and
the sound was coming
from her meter. Apparently the pipes
carried
the sound into her
house and mine as well.

Strange, but true...

Yes, that is certainly plausible.

I'm surprised it was so loud, since I have
about
a 75' lateral from my
meter to my house. I'm sure she had a nice
water bill that month.

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

you can't be serious , you pay for water

Of course, but my water bill is usually around
$11 a month... I can't
complain. My electric bill is pretty high,
but
I'm testing big-ass
motors all the time.

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

dig a well

I actually have an open well about 8' deep, with
an ancient sprocket-
driven pump on it. Whatever drove the pump is
long gone. It's just
wide enough that you could climb down the ladder
someone left in it.
I've only seen it go dry once in seven years,
but it's filling up fast
now. It's weird, because I'm way up on the side
of the canyon.
There's a creek probably 80 feet lower than my
property, but that
well almost always has water in it. I thing all
the water that seeps
into the hill above me pools up over an
impermeable layer that's
lower than my property, but higher than the
creek. We have both
sedimentary and igneous rock here, so it's
probably an igneous layer.
Six years ago we had so much rain that I had a
spring on my property
for about 4 months. I wouldn't be surprised if
it pops back up again
this year, because we've had a lot of rain.

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |

\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

so why you pay wader bill

That thing's an open pit. No way I'd drink it without filtering the
**** out of it and sterilizing it first.

--
Checkmate

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| | _
| || | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

Checkmate! In article ,
says...

Burke wrote:
On 2/18/2017 8:14 AM, Tbu62 wrote:
replying to norminn, Tbu62 wrote:
I have the same thing in 2 different
homes.
A very subtle 60
Hertz hum that
drives me crazy. It's noticeable
everywhere inside both houses.
I strongly
suspect the structures are resonating the
vibrations from the
surrounding electrical grid. (why not,
flowing energy creates
resonance in the wires and
pipes)....

Curiously, if that is the correct word for
it, I, too, hear a
curious humming sound in my home. It
starts
around six o'clock
nearly every evening. It resembles an
electric motor...the hum
of an electric motor, to be more exact. I
walk around the house
and the noise seems to be coming for
everywhere. It's as loud in
the front of the house as it is in the
back.
Maybe I got wax in
my ears.....but if that were the case,
wouldn't I be hearing less
of the noise?

Please help me figure this one out.

Shut all your breakers off. Does the hum
go
away?

Turn them back on, one at a time, checking
for hum.

This exact same problem happened to me
several
years ago, and that's
exactly what I did... shut off all my
breakers, but the sound was
still there, coming from the ceiling of one
of
my bathrooms. I was
about ready to start ripping the ceiling
out,
when I heard the
neighbors talking about the same thing out
in
front of my house.
Turns out the neighbor had a water leak, and
the sound was coming
from her meter. Apparently the pipes carried
the sound into her
house and mine as well.

Strange, but true...

Yes, that is certainly plausible.

I'm surprised it was so loud, since I have
about
a 75' lateral from my
meter to my house. I'm sure she had a nice
water bill that month.

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

you can't be serious , you pay for water

Of course, but my water bill is usually around
$11 a month... I can't
complain. My electric bill is pretty high, but
I'm testing big-ass
motors all the time.

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |

\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

stop copying me

stop copying me

--
Checkmate

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| | _
| || | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam
% % is offline

Burke wrote:
On 2/18/2017 8:14 AM, Tbu62 wrote:
replying to norminn, Tbu62 wrote:
I have the same thing in 2 different
homes.
A very subtle 60
Hertz hum that
drives me crazy. It's noticeable
everywhere inside both houses.
I strongly
suspect the structures are resonating
the
vibrations from the
surrounding electrical grid. (why not,
flowing energy creates
resonance in the wires and
pipes)....

Curiously, if that is the correct word
for
it, I, too, hear a
curious humming sound in my home. It
starts
around six o'clock
nearly every evening. It resembles an
electric motor...the hum
of an electric motor, to be more exact.
walk around the house
and the noise seems to be coming for
everywhere. It's as loud in
the front of the house as it is in the
back.
Maybe I got wax in
my ears.....but if that were the case,
wouldn't I be hearing less
of the noise?

Please help me figure this one out.

Shut all your breakers off. Does the hum
go
away?

Turn them back on, one at a time,
checking
for hum.

This exact same problem happened to me
several
years ago, and that's
exactly what I did... shut off all my
breakers, but the sound was
still there, coming from the ceiling of
one
of
my bathrooms. I was
about ready to start ripping the ceiling
out,
when I heard the
neighbors talking about the same thing out
in
front of my house.
Turns out the neighbor had a water leak,
and
the sound was coming
from her meter. Apparently the pipes
carried
the sound into her
house and mine as well.

Strange, but true...

Yes, that is certainly plausible.

I'm surprised it was so loud, since I have
about
a 75' lateral from my
meter to my house. I'm sure she had a nice
water bill that month.

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

you can't be serious , you pay for water

Of course, but my water bill is usually around
$11 a month... I can't
complain. My electric bill is pretty high,
but
I'm testing big-ass
motors all the time.

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

stop copying me

stop copying me

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |

\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

i hate that

Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam
% % is offline

Burke wrote:
> [...]

exactly what I did... shut off all my
breakers, but the sound was
still there, coming from the ceiling of
one
of
my bathrooms. I was
about ready to start ripping the ceiling
out,
when I heard the
neighbors talking about the same thing
out
in
front of my house.
Turns out the neighbor had a water leak,
and
the sound was coming
from her meter. Apparently the pipes
carried
the sound into her
house and mine as well.

Strange, but true...

Yes, that is certainly plausible.

I'm surprised it was so loud, since I have

|| | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

you can't be serious , you pay for water

Of course, but my water bill is usually
around
$11 a month... I can't
complain. My electric bill is pretty high,
but
I'm testing big-ass
motors all the time.

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

dig a well

I actually have an open well about 8' deep,
with
an ancient sprocket-
driven pump on it. Whatever drove the pump is
long gone. It's just
wide enough that you could climb down the
ladder
someone left in it.
I've only seen it go dry once in seven years,
but it's filling up fast
now. It's weird, because I'm way up on the
side
of the canyon.
There's a creek probably 80 feet lower than my
property, but that
well almost always has water in it. I thing
all
the water that seeps
into the hill above me pools up over an
impermeable layer that's
lower than my property, but higher than the
creek. We have both
sedimentary and igneous rock here, so it's
probably an igneous layer.
Six years ago we had so much rain that I had a
spring on my property
for about 4 months. I wouldn't be surprised if
it pops back up again
this year, because we've had a lot of rain.

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

so why you pay wader bill

That thing's an open pit. No way I'd drink it
without filtering the
**** out of it and sterilizing it first.

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |

\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

buy bottled

Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

Checkmate! In article ,
says...

Burke wrote:
On 2/18/2017 8:14 AM, Tbu62 wrote:
replying to norminn, Tbu62 wrote:
I have the same thing in 2 different
homes.
A very subtle 60
Hertz hum that
drives me crazy. It's noticeable
everywhere inside both houses.
I strongly
suspect the structures are resonating
the
vibrations from the
surrounding electrical grid. (why not,
flowing energy creates
resonance in the wires and
pipes)....

Curiously, if that is the correct word
for
it, I, too, hear a
curious humming sound in my home. It
starts
around six o'clock
nearly every evening. It resembles an
electric motor...the hum
of an electric motor, to be more exact.
walk around the house
and the noise seems to be coming for
everywhere. It's as loud in
the front of the house as it is in the
back.
Maybe I got wax in
my ears.....but if that were the case,
wouldn't I be hearing less
of the noise?

Please help me figure this one out.

Shut all your breakers off. Does the hum
go
away?

Turn them back on, one at a time,
checking
for hum.

This exact same problem happened to me
several
years ago, and that's
exactly what I did... shut off all my
breakers, but the sound was
still there, coming from the ceiling of
one
of
my bathrooms. I was
about ready to start ripping the ceiling
out,
when I heard the
neighbors talking about the same thing out
in
front of my house.
Turns out the neighbor had a water leak,
and
the sound was coming
from her meter. Apparently the pipes
carried
the sound into her
house and mine as well.

Strange, but true...

Yes, that is certainly plausible.

I'm surprised it was so loud, since I have
about
a 75' lateral from my
meter to my house. I'm sure she had a nice
water bill that month.

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

you can't be serious , you pay for water

Of course, but my water bill is usually around
$11 a month... I can't
complain. My electric bill is pretty high,
but
I'm testing big-ass
motors all the time.

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

stop copying me

stop copying me

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |

\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

i hate that

What?

--
Checkmate

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| | _
| || | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

Checkmate! In article ,
says...

Burke wrote:
> [...]

exactly what I did... shut off all my
breakers, but the sound was
still there, coming from the ceiling of
one
of
my bathrooms. I was
about ready to start ripping the ceiling
out,
when I heard the
neighbors talking about the same thing
out
in
front of my house.
Turns out the neighbor had a water leak,
and
the sound was coming
from her meter. Apparently the pipes
carried
the sound into her
house and mine as well.

Strange, but true...

Yes, that is certainly plausible.

I'm surprised it was so loud, since I have

|| | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

you can't be serious , you pay for water

Of course, but my water bill is usually
around
$11 a month... I can't
complain. My electric bill is pretty high,
but
I'm testing big-ass
motors all the time.

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

dig a well

I actually have an open well about 8' deep,
with
an ancient sprocket-
driven pump on it. Whatever drove the pump is
long gone. It's just
wide enough that you could climb down the
ladder
someone left in it.
I've only seen it go dry once in seven years,
but it's filling up fast
now. It's weird, because I'm way up on the
side
of the canyon.
There's a creek probably 80 feet lower than my
property, but that
well almost always has water in it. I thing
all
the water that seeps
into the hill above me pools up over an
impermeable layer that's
lower than my property, but higher than the
creek. We have both
sedimentary and igneous rock here, so it's
probably an igneous layer.
Six years ago we had so much rain that I had a
spring on my property
for about 4 months. I wouldn't be surprised if
it pops back up again
this year, because we've had a lot of rain.

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

so why you pay wader bill

That thing's an open pit. No way I'd drink it
without filtering the
**** out of it and sterilizing it first.

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |

\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

buy bottled

I do, for drinking. The tap water's fine, but I don't like the taste.

--
Checkmate

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| | _
| || | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

On 2/20/2017 12:42 AM, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

buy bottled

I do, for drinking. The tap water's fine, but I don't like the taste.

So buy a filter instead of hauling all those bottles. Sve money, help
the environment.
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 23:59:59 +0800, Bite My Shiny Metal Ass wrote:

How much is your slip rent?

Slip rent? Bwwwaaaaaaaawwawawwawawawwaw.

We doan need no steenkin slip.

--

"In my erudition, I say a man not mince words in order
to spare the sensibilities of the thin-skinned and the
ignorant." --Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 19:04:59 -0800, "Checkmate, DoW #1" wrote:

I actually have an open well about 8' deep, with an ancient sprocket-
driven pump on it. Whatever drove the pump is long gone. It's just
wide enough that you could climb down the ladder someone left in it.
I've only seen it go dry once in seven years, but it's filling up fast
now. It's weird, because I'm way up on the side of the canyon. There's
a creek probably 80 feet lower than my property, but that well almost
always has water in it. I thing all the water that seeps into the hill
above me pools up over an impermeable layer that's lower than my
property, but higher than the creek. We have both sedimentary and
igneous rock here, so it's probably an igneous layer. Six years ago we
had so much rain that I had a spring on my property for about 4 months.
I wouldn't be surprised if it pops back up again this year, because
we've had a lot of rain.

Probably is affluent from various septic tank drain fields.