Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

Default Hum Sound in House

On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 12:27:06 -0500, "Sir Gregory Hall, Esq." wrote:

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 19:04:59 -0800, "Checkmate, DoW #1" wrote:

I actually have an open well about 8' deep, with an ancient sprocket-
driven pump on it. Whatever drove the pump is long gone. It's just
wide enough that you could climb down the ladder someone left in it.
I've only seen it go dry once in seven years, but it's filling up fast
now. It's weird, because I'm way up on the side of the canyon. There's
a creek probably 80 feet lower than my property, but that well almost
always has water in it. I thing all the water that seeps into the hill
above me pools up over an impermeable layer that's lower than my
property, but higher than the creek. We have both sedimentary and
igneous rock here, so it's probably an igneous layer. Six years ago we
had so much rain that I had a spring on my property for about 4 months.
I wouldn't be surprised if it pops back up again this year, because
we've had a lot of rain.

Probably is affluent from various septic tank drain fields.

Or perhaps effluent.

--

"In my erudition, I say a man not mince words in order
to spare the sensibilities of the thin-skinned and the
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

Checkmate! In article ,
says...

[...]

I have the only septic tank that could possible get into it, and was
concerned about that, but the one time the well went dry to where I
could see the bottom, there was plenty of water in the septic tank at a
much higher level, so apparently that's not happening. I did see a dead
mouse in it once, so I wouldn't use that water unless I had to, and I'd
have to filter and sterilize it.

--
Checkmate

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| | _
| || | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

Checkmate! In article ,
says...

[...]

Damn! You maid a Tai Po, and I missed it!

--
Checkmate

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| | _
| || | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 19:04:59 -0800, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

Six years ago we had so much rain that I had a spring on my property for
about 4 months. I wouldn't be surprised if it pops back up again this
year, because we've had a lot of rain.

We have a seasonal spring on our property too, but it is in the
unfinished part of our basement (where it is dirt). Fortunately, we've
never had any water damage from it, as I've installed a French drain and
battery-backed sump pump.

There's also a sewer drain in the low spot of the basement, which now
functions as an overflow if the sump were to fail. Belt and suspenders.

[couple of groups snecked]

--
-v

Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 11:07:08 -0800, "Checkmate, DoW #1" wrote:
In article ,
says...
On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 23:59:59 +0800, Bite My Shiny Metal Ass wrote:

How much is your slip rent?

Slip rent? Bwwwaaaaaaaawwawawwawawawwaw.

We doan need no steenkin slip.

I'll bet you've got a whole drawer full. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

No, just two that I lifted from Miss Kitty's suitcase.

--

"In my erudition, I say a man not mince words in order
to spare the sensibilities of the thin-skinned and the
ignorant." --Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 11:12:08 -0800, "Checkmate, DoW #1" wrote:

Damn! You maid a Tai Po, and I missed it!

You're slipping which is good as I had to rush
to fix it before anybody could spelling lame me.

--

"In my erudition, I say a man not mince words in order
to spare the sensibilities of the thin-skinned and the
ignorant." --Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.

Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam
% % is offline

Sir Gregory Hall, Esq. wrote:
On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 11:07:08 -0800, "Checkmate,
DoW #1"
wrote:
In article
,
Shiny Metal Ass wrote:

How much is your slip rent?

Slip rent? Bwwwaaaaaaaawwawawwawawawwaw.

We doan need no steenkin slip.

I'll bet you've got a whole drawer full.
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

No, just two that I lifted from Miss Kitty's
suitcase.

invite someone over to steal their clothes , how
freakin gregola

Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam
% % is offline

Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety
goggles when reading posts
by Checkmate! In article
,
says...

wrote:

Damn! You maid a Tai Po, and I missed it!

You're slipping which is good as I had to rush
to fix it before anybody could spelling lame
me.

You dodged a bullet that time.

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |

\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

call him on it anyway it will ,
silence the hum in his senile head

Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks

Checkmate! In article ,
says...

On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 12:00:29 -0800, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

Checkmate! In article ,
says...

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 19:04:59 -0800, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

Six years ago we had so much rain that I had a spring on my property
for about 4 months. I wouldn't be surprised if it pops back up again
this year, because we've had a lot of rain.

We have a seasonal spring on our property too, but it is in the
unfinished part of our basement (where it is dirt). Fortunately, we've
never had any water damage from it, as I've installed a French drain
and battery-backed sump pump.

There's also a sewer drain in the low spot of the basement, which now
functions as an overflow if the sump were to fail. Belt and
suspenders.

[couple of groups snecked]

A basement is definitely not where you want to have a spring. I hope
you have a DC pump and well-charged battery as a backup system.

You must have glossed over the part where I said I had that.

Must be the pain pills...

--
Checkmate

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| | _
| || | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tbu62 m wrote:
replying to norminn, Tbu62 wrote:
I have the same thing in 2 different homes. A very subtle 60 Hertz hum that
drives me crazy. It's noticeable everywhere inside both houses. I strongly
suspect the structures are resonating the vibrations from the surrounding
electrical grid. (why not, flowing energy creates resonance in the wires and
pipes)....

You need transformers and motors usually, current. Sure it's 60 Hz. I get
occasional pressure oscillations down around 15 Hz. My doors will shake.
Turn off th breaker. Large buildings vibrate at 60 Hz.
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks

Checkmate! In article ,
lid says...

Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

Six years ago we had so much rain that I had
a spring on my
property for about 4 months. I wouldn't be
surprised if it pops
back up again this year, because we've had a
lot of rain.

We have a seasonal spring on our property
too, but it is in the
unfinished part of our basement (where it is
dirt). Fortunately,
we've never had any water damage from it, as
I've installed a
French drain and battery-backed sump pump.

There's also a sewer drain in the low spot of
the basement, which
now functions as an overflow if the sump were
to fail. Belt and
suspenders.

[couple of groups snecked]

A basement is definitely not where you want to
have a spring. I
hope you have a DC pump and well-charged
battery as a backup system.

You must have glossed over the part where I
said I had that.

Must be the pain pills...

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

yay sandoz yay

Sandoz labs and Tim Leary, What a combo.

Better living through chemistry.

--
Checkmate

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| | _
| || | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks

Checkmate! In article ,
lid says...

On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 08:27:29 -0800, "Checkmate, DoW #1"

Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

Six years ago we had so much rain that I had
a spring on my
property for about 4 months. I wouldn't be
surprised if it pops
back up again this year, because we've had a
lot of rain.

We have a seasonal spring on our property
too, but it is in the
unfinished part of our basement (where it is
dirt). Fortunately,
we've never had any water damage from it, as
I've installed a
French drain and battery-backed sump pump.

There's also a sewer drain in the low spot of
the basement, which
now functions as an overflow if the sump were
to fail. Belt and
suspenders.

[couple of groups snecked]

A basement is definitely not where you want to
have a spring. I
hope you have a DC pump and well-charged
battery as a backup system.

You must have glossed over the part where I
said I had that.

Must be the pain pills...

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

yay sandoz yay

Sandoz labs and Tim Leary, What a combo.

Better living through chemistry.

I never liked that stuff.

The first trip is always the best. I tried it one more time right after
I got out of the Army. The thing I got out of it was, here I am, 22
years old, and still doing this ****. That was the last time for me.
Then I started growing up.

--
Checkmate

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| | _
| || | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks

On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 09:28:09 -0800, LO AND BEHOLD; ""Checkmate, DoW #1"
" determined that the following was of great
importance and subsequently decided to freely share it with us in
:

Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
[...]
Must be the pain pills... A_A (-.-) |-| / \
| _ || | |
\_||_/_/ Copyright © 2017 all rights reserved
yay sandoz yay
Sandoz labs and Tim Leary, What a combo.
Better living through chemistry.

I never liked that stuff.

The first trip is always the best. I tried it one more time right after
I got out of the Army. The thing I got out of it was, here I am, 22
years old, and still doing this ****. That was the last time for me.
Then I started growing up.

wow, you must have been a class-A delinquent, previously.

...and then they demoted you to KP?

--
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB6B8jGSdLA

"I think we should destroy every last ****ing mosque in America." - "Checkmate, DoW #1" proves for us that white males are violent in Message-ID:

-

Golden Killfile, June 2005
KOTM, November 2006
Busted Urinal Award, April 2007
Tinfoil Sombrero, February 2007
AUK Mascot, September 2007
Putting the Awards Out of Order to Screw With the OCD ****heads, March 2016

Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 03:41:58 +0800, Bite My Shiny Metal Ass wrote:

wrote:
In article ,
says...
On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 23:59:59 +0800, Bite My Shiny Metal Ass wrote:

How much is your slip rent?

Slip rent? Bwwwaaaaaaaawwawawwawawawwaw.

We doan need no steenkin slip.

I'll bet you've got a whole drawer full. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

No, just two that I lifted from Miss Kitty's suitcase.

invite someone over to steal their clothes , how freakin gregola

If you've got a sweater, you could get a free 1-week cruise on an
ocean-going yacht.

It has to be hand made though. :-)
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

Per %:
https://laughshop.com/wp-content/upl...neck-Yacht.jpg

Looks top-heavy.
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam
% % is offline

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per %:
https://laughshop.com/wp-content/upl...neck-Yacht.jpg

Looks top-heavy.

we're talking greg here he looks bottom heavy

Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

Checkmate! In article ,
lid says...

Per %:
https://laughshop.com/wp-content/upl...neck-Yacht.jpg

Looks top-heavy.

So does Greg.

--
Checkmate

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| | _
| || | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam
% % is offline

Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety
goggles when reading posts
by Checkmate! In article
,
lid says...

Per %:
https://laughshop.com/wp-content/upl...neck-Yacht.jpg

Looks top-heavy.

So does Greg.

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |

\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

cause his head is full of meat

Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

Checkmate! In article ,
says...

Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety
goggles when reading posts
by Checkmate! In article
,
lid says...

Per %:
https://laughshop.com/wp-content/upl...neck-Yacht.jpg

Looks top-heavy.

So does Greg.

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| _
|| | |

\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved

cause his head is full of meat

It's his manboobs.

--
Checkmate

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

A_A
(-.-)
|-|
/ \
| | _
| || | |
\_||_/_/

Copyright © 2017
all rights reserved
Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam

don't talk like that then
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam,alt.support.depression

David, thou are now sailed into the north of my ladies opinion, where
ye will hang like an icicle on a Dutchman's beard. Thou art a
tottering death-token, a manic spendthrift of tongue, a prick-eared
**** stain, an undesirable prince of fiends, ye vituperated:

"Colonel Edmund J. Burke" wrote in message

On 2/18/2017 10:34 AM, Kelly Ann Conway wrote:
On 2/18/2017 12:40 PM, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
On 2/18/2017 8:14 AM, Tbu62 wrote:
replying to norminn, Tbu62 wrote:
I have the same thing in 2 different homes. A very subtle 60 Hertz hum
that
drives me crazy. It's noticeable everywhere inside both houses. I
strongly
suspect the structures are resonating the vibrations from the
surrounding
electrical grid. (why not, flowing energy creates resonance in the
wires
and
pipes)....

Curiously, if that is the correct word for it, I, too, hear a curious
humming sound in my home. It starts around six o'clock nearly every
evening. It resembles an electric motor...the hum of an electric
motor, to be more exact. I walk around the house and the noise seems
to be coming for everywhere. It's as loud in the front of the house
as it is in the back. Maybe I got wax in my ears.....but if that were
the case, wouldn't I be hearing less of the noise?

Please help me figure this one out.

Shut all your breakers off. Does the hum go away?

Turn them back on, one at a time, checking for hum.

Thank you my dear. I'll have the butler look at them.

Maybe it's an alien implant in your head.

--
Before you ****ing well complain about the ****ing swearing in my
****ing posts, read this ****ing article, you ****ing dip**** whiner:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0117105107.htm