Ac problem with the Honeywell Chronotherm III Therm

Old May 28th 04, 12:39 PM
David Ehrenreich

Default Ac problem with the Honeywell Chronotherm III Therm

I just got a Chronotherm III to replace my old Honeywell dial therm.
When I installed it I get the -AC message. Witch in using the groups I
found out means no Ac power. What is wierd is when I turn off auto
and switch to the fan, it comes on.

Any Ideals, Any would help

THank You
Old May 28th 04, 01:17 PM
CBhVAC:\)

"David Ehrenreich" wrote in message
om...
I just got a Chronotherm III to replace my old Honeywell dial therm.
When I installed it I get the -AC message. Witch in using the groups I
found out means no Ac power. What is wierd is when I turn off auto
and switch to the fan, it comes on.

Any Ideals, Any would help

Easy enough.
You replaced a T87F that did not have a common lead. Ten to one, the wire
that is missing, or isnt hooked up at the thermostat, or the unit since it
wasnt needed, was the C line.
You still have power to the stat, the stat just has no way to know it.

The reason your fan comes on, is that like your old stat, the auto-on switch
is nothing but that...a switch. You are completing the circuit to the fan
relay.

THank You