barry martin

Default Paintable Wallpaper

Monica:

M We're redoing a spare bedroom that has wallpaper and sizing on one wall.
M The walls are all structurally sound, no cracks, holes, etc. I would like
M to have it textured like the other three walls but that would be a lot more
M trouble and expense than hanging a paintable wallpaper. I could have a bit
M of visual interest but keep all the walls the same color. I'm not at all
M familiar with paintable wallpaper. Can it be painted over more than once?
M Is it any easier/different to remove than "regular" wallpaper? Can I count
M on it being the same color of the other walls provided I use a primer on th

M other three walls?

We've used paintable wallpaper in several areas around the house with
no problems. Can be repainted -- the only "problem" is each coat of
paint would smooth out the embossing of the wallpaper ever so slightly
due to the thickness of the paint (just like when applied to a wall).
Removal seems to be just as easy as with regular wallpaper (assuming
the surface was properly prepared).

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* "Is this print too dark?" the printer asked boldly.
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *

Paintable Wallpaper Monica Home Repair 4 May 18th 04 11:59 AM
applying wallpaper mural to sheet of plywood kdoret Home Repair 2 August 20th 03 12:40 AM
Painting over Wallpaper Kyle Boatright Home Repair 1 July 20th 03 03:11 PM