Stoic

Default Plumbing problem: toilet won't fill and shower pressure low.

It's weird. My house is only about 2.5 years old. Water pressure is just
fine in the rest of the house but not in my daughters bathroom, and only
for the toilet and shower. The sink is working fine. The toilet
reservoir won't fill and the shower water pressure is low and I'm left
scratching my, er, head. Suggestions, observations, pointless comments
anyone?

--
Bait for spammers:
root@localhost

nobody@localhost
Speedy Jim

Stoic wrote:

It's weird. My house is only about 2.5 years old. Water pressure is just
fine in the rest of the house but not in my daughters bathroom, and only
for the toilet and shower. The sink is working fine. The toilet
reservoir won't fill and the shower water pressure is low and I'm left
scratching my, er, head. Suggestions, observations, pointless comments
anyone?

I'll bet some "gunk" (technical term) has gotten in the lines.
Whatever it is chose the toilet and shower to settle in.

Try removing the shower head and see how the flow from the pipe is.
(Or just clean the head.) If there is good flow there now,
you'll have to take the toilet ballcock apart to clean. How you do
that depends on the model/mfr.

Jim

Sonic

Sometimes in construction debris, normally pea gravel gets in the lines. If
the water pressure is poor after the shower head is removed then you'll need
to remove the shower valve internals and flush. The toilet will require
removal of the stem and flush, if it is gravel.

ews.com...

Ravenheat Combi Boiler Simes UK diy 22 April 2nd 04 12:03 AM
Thermostatic shower problem Cubik UK diy 30 January 13th 04 10:48 PM
Shower pump, whole bathroom? Simon Avery UK diy 13 November 25th 03 10:09 AM
Thermostatic or electric shower from combi Enoesque UK diy 27 October 8th 03 11:53 AM