Paula

Default Flat Top Range Burner Problem

I need help diagnosing a burner problem with my flat top KitchenAid
Range (2 years old). The burner I use the most is no longer heating
to the 'max' heat temperature. When it does, it is supposed to glow
red for a few minutes. A maximum temp. setting simply makes the
burner warm (like a medium or simmer heat). All the other burners and
oven work as they should.

My troubleshooting guide in my user's manual has no mention of
potential individual burner problems.

Can anyone guess what the problem may be? Is it a fuse or something
(my manual does not mention the need to change any fuses).

Thanks!
Paula