Kyle Boatright

Default Removing Carpet Tack Strip Nails

I pulled a bunch of carpet tack strip up today. It was nailed into the
basement slab.

Many of the nails used to hold down the tack strip didn't come up, and the
heads break off when I try to pull 'em out. They don't drive into the slab
very well either...

Thoughts? Suggestions?

KB

Dave Solly

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in
:

I pulled a bunch of carpet tack strip up today. It was nailed into
the basement slab.

Many of the nails used to hold down the tack strip didn't come up, and
the heads break off when I try to pull 'em out. They don't drive into
the slab very well either...

Thoughts? Suggestions?

KB

Use the claw of a hammer. It will pop up some of the cement, but that
shouldn't be a problem. You can also hit the nail side ways and it will pop
out.

Dave
Joe Bobst

Many of the nails used to hold down the tack strip didn't come up, and the
heads break off when I try to pull 'em out

Dremel grinder & grind them down flush ?

Don't send a boy to do a man's job. Buy a low cost angle grinder (or rent one,
it;s bound to be a bargain). It will do the whole job in under 10 minutes.
Harbor Freight sells them for less thgan $10, other outlets specializing in
Chinese tools are similar. If you then find the tool useful, add a Milwaukee or
other good brand to your collection and loan the cheapie to your neighbor. HTH

Joe