Mike Grooms

Default Flowguard Gold vs Lewis CPVC

"squinny"

Most plumbers don't like CPVC, but not for the reasons you list. First of
all, it's impossible to make it look good. Even a good plumber's work looks
like a moronic DIYer. Secondly, it's so easy that even a woman could
install it. Gee, I hope that doesn't get anyone in a snit.

Robert Calvert

"Mike Grooms" wrote in message

"squinny"

Most plumbers don't like CPVC, but not for the reasons you list. First

of
all, it's impossible to make it look good. Even a good plumber's work

looks
like a moronic DIYer.

I would think that the best way to solve this problem would be to measure,
lay out and hang the horizontal sections of pipe, using only the couplings
at first, and then proceed from there.

Secondly, it's so easy that even a woman could
install it. Gee, I hope that doesn't get anyone in a snit.

At least the feminists won't have to sue for sex discrimination to get their
way. :-)

Robert

squinny

"Mike Grooms" wrote in message ...
"squinny"

Most plumbers don't like CPVC, but not for the reasons you list. First of
all, it's impossible to make it look good. Even a good plumber's work looks
like a moronic DIYer.

Ah, the purple drips. The new primerless solvent for CPVC should fix that.
Mike Grooms

"Robert Calvert"

I would think that the best way to solve this problem would be to measure,
lay out and hang the horizontal sections of pipe, using only the couplings
at first, and then proceed from there.

It doesn't help. The pipe sags even if you strap it every joist. The
vertical branches also bow. Personally, I think that the extra time it
takes to make it look halfway decent makes up for the extra time copper
takes.